Advanced Search

Author Topic: YD Classes V8A Team Hoyp Tournament - Started!  (Read 66722 times)

July 20, 2015, 08:24:07 PM
Reply #15

Offline ScrapHeap

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 25, 2013, 12:18:01 AM

• View Profile
Re: YD Classes V8A Team Hoyp Tournament
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2015, 08:24:07 PM »
I know this is most likely a stupid question, but would ones like Pirate and Mega Water be banned? Their shields are kinda powerful considering they stop anything short of AOE debuffs like Time Slow, and both Mega Water and Pirateman sport considerably high damage output, as well as pirateman having armor on his own.

Bringing another RM into the question, would dynamo be allowed, considering his ability to heal himself as well as others?

July 20, 2015, 08:32:02 PM
Reply #16

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2015, 08:32:02 PM »
You can vote for their [in/ex]clusion with the strawpoll on the first post.

July 20, 2015, 10:08:32 PM
Reply #17

Offline Bikdark

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 26, 2010, 01:51:13 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2015, 10:08:32 PM »
Quote from: "ScrapHeap"
I know this is most likely a stupid question, but would ones like Pirate and Mega Water be banned? Their shields are kinda powerful considering they stop anything short of AOE debuffs like Time Slow, and both Mega Water and Pirateman sport considerably high damage output, as well as pirateman having armor on his own.

Bringing another RM into the question, would dynamo be allowed, considering his ability to heal himself as well as others?
Personally, I'm not a fan of situational heals as big as MWS and Pirate have, but ultimately it's up to the playerbase.

Dynamo is in question due to how Toad-like he is, not due to his heal. Heals are okay, but heals to the caliber of Magic's screw with the flow of gameplay.

July 20, 2015, 10:59:57 PM
Reply #18

Offline Magnet Dood

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Rockman 5- Blues' Trap!?
  • Date Registered: April 19, 2011, 08:13:37 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2015, 10:59:57 PM »
Can't say I enjoy seeing Wood Man, Gyro Man and Search Man showing up on the banlist all that much. I realize the arguments you have against them, but I feel like there could also be arguments for their inclusion.

Wood is admittedly a annoyance, and the Leaf Rain stack has been a problem for a while. However, the weapon loses effectiveness based on the map and number of players. It's slow speed and clunky aiming aren't very useful when attempting to hit a minimal amount of targets, and if the map is large and open, it's mainly reduced to a path-blocker at most. The fact that you'd ultimately be using one of your teammates in order to set up Leaf Rains instead of using them in actual combat situations seems to at least offset any advantages you get from using it.

Gyro Man mainly won classes tournaments in the past because he was good at running away, along with his really hard-hitting Gyro Attacks. The new classes build somewhat nullifies this ability to escape due to his decreasing ammo when firing in the air makes Gyro less of a hit and run option, while making him considerably more useful in actual combat since now he can shoot while he flys. Considering Gyro's mainfire damage was halved in this build, I think he's a lot more tame than his previous incarnations that were so powerful.

Search Man, much like Wood Man, mainly revolves around the map in order to gauge his effectiveness (at least with the Homing Sniper in question). It is very easy for him to control a map with long, open spaces. Despite this, he usually has to take himself away from most combat situations and struggles when opponents come up close, due to his lower armor. He's a pretty high risk class if anything, because if he can't get a good aim on opponents, he's more of a liability than a real offensive weapon.

I'm confused as to how Roll and Quint didn't appear on the poll. Roll's ability to rush down any class and hit them with her three hit kill juggling weapon which gives her ammo for a healing item for her or her allies is pretty ridiculous, and the bucket with its stunning to make it even harder to escape should only seal the deal.

And, well, Quint is Quint, and the fact that weaknesses are removed will make him even worse to deal with.

July 21, 2015, 12:17:17 AM
Reply #19

Offline ScrapHeap

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 25, 2013, 12:18:01 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2015, 12:17:17 AM »
I dunno, a leaf shield that makes you completely invincible for that long a period of time with the ability to two-shot almost everyone doesn't really leave room for downsides, considering if he's being attacked he has an excellent, albeit silly-looking, escape option.

Gyro Man is still powerful since his gyros still kill in less than six hits, with a fire rate of 1.2 (I think?) gyros per second and coupled with his already awesome flight ability. Most classes without AOE attacks have a hard enough time hitting flying opponents, and Gyro can recharge really quick.

Search has always been an annoyance, but lately things for him seem to have become a little silly. His cursor now fully locks on in less than 3 seconds, and his discs still hit for 30 iirc. Coupled with a fast speed and higher than normal jump, plus the ability to spawn hiding leaves, kinda gives him an advantage over most classes on any map that has even mediocre open spaces. Plus, with weaknesses turned off, you can bet people are gonna go for these kinda classes since there's nothing to really be afraid of aside from the person they're fighting.

July 21, 2015, 12:44:33 AM
Reply #20

Offline Magnet Dood

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Rockman 5- Blues' Trap!?
  • Date Registered: April 19, 2011, 08:13:37 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2015, 12:44:33 AM »
Gyro Attack does 15 in the current build. 15 * 5 is 75, which is NOT a less-than-six-hits kill. It actually needs 7 hits to kill a normal-armor class.

Um, how can Wood Man two-shot someone? With the Leaf Rain? OK, maybe if you hit it more than once, but it's still pretty clunky and slow as I've said. The Leaf Shield shot? Pretty sure that's at most a 4 hit kill, not a 2, and I don't even think it does more than that. With the body slam? That's got pretty poor range, and it only deals full damage if you hit them directly. Even then I'm almost positive it can't two-shot someone. And his 'excellent' escape option isn't really all that excellent- he's slow as a snail and his body slam has pretty limited range. Sure, the shield invincibility is an issue, but with the recent changes, he can't just spam them anymore when he's low on ammo since they automatically shoot.

Search's bushes are a dead giveaway anyway and pretty much guarantee that a Search Man is inside of them (unless he's good at deception and plants them down, then finds another place to shoot at people who look through them). I'm also pretty sure that he has normal jump and speed, and even if those are heightened, they're ultimately negligible because they don't offer as much mobility that classes who have very high stats in either category possess (Gravity's jump, Quick's speed, etc.).

July 21, 2015, 02:41:11 AM
Reply #21

Offline Orange juice :l

• Warrior
  • Date Registered: October 10, 2010, 08:41:18 PM

• View Profile
    • http://cutstuff.net/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=590
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2015, 02:41:11 AM »
A quick glance at the mode poll makes it quite apparent that barring some act of god, (And I'm not talking about you, Bikdark, so don't even try it) the tournament will be 3v3 TLMS- for that reason, signups are now open! Please provide Cutstuff names (if applicable) and in-game name(s) of all teammates, as well as confirmation from each user (in game, etc. will be fine), general times your whole team will be available, and your team theme.

Please note- there have been rumblings of a new classes build. If it gets updated, we will be using the new version, and any classes that were significantly buffed/nerfed will be repolled. Additionally, the new poll should run for approximately four days after release to let people try out the new classes and get their votes in. This is a good chance to get classes added to the new poll, so round up support for lynching suspecting classes! I'll be adding them as soon as I see two or three people raising issue with a specific class in this thread.

July 21, 2015, 03:53:26 AM
Reply #22

Offline Bikdark

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 26, 2010, 01:51:13 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2015, 03:53:26 AM »
(click to show/hide)

July 21, 2015, 04:40:53 AM
Reply #23

Offline Trillster

• Time Lord

• what's a code
  • Date Registered: July 18, 2014, 08:42:32 PM

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2015, 04:40:53 AM »
Everybody get up, it's time to slam now.
We got a real jam goin' down.
Welcome to the Space Jam.

Get hype because Slamhou Story's join this tourney! The name's a mix between Slammin, Touhou, and Cave Story because why the hell not? We're going to slam dunk the competition!

Our team consists of :

Me (Sanicfam1102):
Timezone - EST
Times Available - Probably 1 pm to 1 am.

Skully (Meowstic):
Timezone - GMT-3
Times Available - 4pm to 7am
[9:16:54 PM] Meowstic: Going in
Meow~

Gamecube Geek (GCN Geek):
Timezone - EST
Times Available - 1pm-5/6pm, 7pm-10pmish
[9:27:20 PM] Gamecube Geek: This is me
I am on this team of the slamjamhoustoryclusterfffantastic team
because whateven
nobody even knows me woop

Badz (Badz):
Timezone - EDT
Times Available - 11AM-10PM
[8:25:45 PM] Badz: Well yes, I'm part of SHS now

Our entire team would be available around 3 pm to 6 PM EST

Our team is so damn badass that we mix Space Jam with weaboo music. Get ready for the hype....
(click to show/hide)

July 21, 2015, 05:03:44 AM
Reply #24

Offline Red

• Standard Member

• man is the animal
  • Date Registered: March 13, 2011, 02:47:45 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2015, 05:03:44 AM »
signups arent open yet bby

July 21, 2015, 05:24:05 AM
Reply #25

• Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2015, 05:24:05 AM »
Quote from: "Orange juice :l"
signups are now open!

July 21, 2015, 05:54:49 AM
Reply #26

Offline Red

• Standard Member

• man is the animal

• View Profile
you are not taking snake man away from me
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2015, 05:54:49 AM »
oi m8 i'll open u something if u kno what i mean

in draft pick, can a class be banned consecutively so it isn't played at all during the matches?

July 21, 2015, 05:55:45 AM
Reply #27

• Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2015, 05:55:45 AM »
Yes, there is no limitation on how often a class can be banned.

July 21, 2015, 06:22:25 AM
Reply #28

Offline Red

• Standard Member

• man is the animal

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2015, 06:22:25 AM »
Can there at least be a slight alteration to where you can't ban the same class for 2 maps in a row?

July 21, 2015, 06:27:14 AM
Reply #29

Offline Dr. Freeman

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: December 22, 2010, 10:43:54 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2015, 06:27:14 AM »
That's such a weird rule. It's the easiest thing to be like "Oh hey, Bob mains Cutman (idunno) and he's really good at him. Now he can't play as him at all because everyone will ban him during each match!"

Yay!

Normally I'd think those bans would be used for the stupid shit (Flash Man) but those are just getting permabanned anyway (Which is a good idea by the way) so it just makes the "can't use your mains use secondaries you're worse with scrub" really weird.