Advanced Search

Author Topic: Official 2 Player Campaign/Quick Join Play  (Read 1674 times)

August 24, 2017, 12:27:46 AM
Read 1674 times

ss2goten2

Official 2 Player Campaign/Quick Join Play
« on: August 24, 2017, 12:27:46 AM »
Hello, Cutstuff! I just had this idea for 8-Bit Deathmatch that might be a good feature to the game. I was watching my dad playing with his oculus and I asked him if we could do a pvp match. This idea then sparked in my head that a 2nd player could quick join the game during the campaign and have that player join the 1 player's team. Yes, the map might restart, but for a good reason. The teams would be set to Dr. Wily's Team and Dr. Light's Team and the players (no bots) would be on Dr. Light's Team. I just thought of it, and I hope you would please take note of this. Thank you and see you later!

August 24, 2017, 06:55:53 AM
Reply #1

Offline Xhatahx

• Standard Member

• *sregnif sevaelretni* stenet wef a evah I
  • Date Registered: September 03, 2016, 07:21:47 AM

• View Profile
Re: Official 2 Player Campaign/Quick Join Play
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 06:55:53 AM »
That's impossible. And I don't mean impossible as in very hard, I mean impossible as in not possible.

Mega Man 8 Bit Deathmatch runs on the Zandronum engine. Now, I don't really know, but there's probably no switch inside the game that allows other players to join in on a single-player campaign. To get this feature, one would need to recreate the entire engine, which although entirely legal, is not worth it just to add this one feature.

Although I respect your willingness to help :).

August 24, 2017, 10:49:59 PM
Reply #2

Offline nehuenloco

• Standard Member

• I'm Megaman! Do you trust me?
  • Date Registered: October 02, 2016, 08:19:36 PM

• View Profile
Re: Official 2 Player Campaign/Quick Join Play
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 10:49:59 PM »
That's impossible. And I don't mean impossible as in very hard, I mean impossible as in not possible.

Mega Man 8 Bit Deathmatch runs on the Zandronum engine. Now, I don't really know, but there's probably no switch inside the game that allows other players to join in on a single-player campaign. To get this feature, one would need to recreate the entire engine, which although entirely legal, is not worth it just to add this one feature.

Although I respect your willingness to help :).

Maybe ask the Zandronum programmers to add that feature?