Advanced Search

Author Topic: [Game Modes] Roboenza mods + Other Creations (Upd. 9/8/13)  (Read 134831 times)

April 01, 2011, 08:40:51 PM
Reply #15

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

• View Profile
Re: [Mod] Rage Roboenza
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2011, 08:40:51 PM »
MediaFire never caused problem here. What cause problem is GOOLE ADS and the flash-type ads that are loaded virtually EVERYWHERE.

As for feedback on mode:
*RAAAAAGE mode = OK
*NoHope replaced with Yoku = Super OK
*Zombie's speed boost = Partially OK (Is too fast. Mind it that the main Megaman is slowed down a bit in this mode, thus the zombies are almost 2 times faster than annyone. I'd say you set them at 0.8 or 0.85 if possible. Also, strange lag occurs if you jump at full speed as zombie, a lag that doesn't happen in Jump Maze Servers)
*Zombie's alt = NOT OK. Takes too much of the time and seems to work midair. Two things that needs to be fixed (for the "no air jump", check Classes Mod's Protoman or Megaman. There's a code there to prevent sliding midair that could be modifies to prevent air jump)
*Zombie's attack = Still as bad as always. Regardless on how many people frown on my idea, using the SpawnItemEx is ALWAYS more accurate. Unless the projectile traveled at the speed of 100 and survived for one or two tics (dunno which would be shorter but decent).

Possible additions:
*Give "CANTSEEK" flag for survivors too. That can prevent Dive Missile and Magnet Missile fails. If you want take that too far, disable CANTSEEK for infects, but that would make infects too vulnerable, so it is better just give CANTSEEK to survivors.
*Maybe a custom weapon? Just one? Meh, if not, no problem.

Also, a note:
Buster speed = too slow
Metal Blade = fast but okay
Charged ProtoBuster = fast but okay
Speed 100 = fast and may cripple accuracy if any above that

April 01, 2011, 09:21:57 PM
Reply #16

Offline ice

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 05, 2010, 05:09:31 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2011, 09:21:57 PM »
meh, personaly I prefer the original roboenza, I guess its good if you prefer extreamly fast paced action, but I prefer the original as it gives time to plot out stuff in advance, also, PLEASE recude the strafing speed cause its bad enough they're 2 times faster, but straferunning makes them 3 times faster now

April 01, 2011, 09:43:45 PM
Reply #17

Offline MagnetMan497

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 13, 2010, 04:48:53 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2011, 09:43:45 PM »
Mod was lotsa fun to test. Can't wait to play public.

April 02, 2011, 01:14:50 AM
Reply #18

Offline Alucard

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 10, 2010, 01:20:17 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/MetalMephiles9000
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 01:14:50 AM »
Now I have to change the "RAGE/BERSERK" theme, like I did with NOHOPE.

April 02, 2011, 02:32:42 AM
Reply #19

Offline OrangeMario

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: October 11, 2010, 02:07:46 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 02:32:42 AM »
This is the best roboenza modification i've seen sence the release of this (as i kinda grew tired of the same slow & high-hp zombies).
as for suggestions... they seem more like "un-nessacery, but fun" ideas.

Mabe two different fanfare musics for when the Roboenza is contained/has spreaded. Only reason i say this is because it can be difficult sometimes to tell that the last survivor/zombie has fallen, when the message at the bottom/ middle isn't enough

Somehow code or script the mod so that fellow survivors will not respond to other survivors attacks (team games or CTF are good examples). It can get annoying when pharohshot raves groups give away their location, due to how LOOUUUDDD they are... and the random "whoops-I-killed-a-survivor-with-hyper-bomb/crash-bomb-spam" insditence.

& 3.
Allow everyone to move around, and shoot after the game announces that survivors/infected won ,so that I can stop spectating all the time, just to allow everyone to move, and i want to try it out myself.

April 02, 2011, 02:35:56 AM
Reply #20

Offline Alucard

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2011, 02:35:56 AM »
Quote from: "OrangeMario"
This is the best roboenza modification i've seen sence the release of this (as i kinda grew tired of the same slow & high-hp zombies).
as for suggestions... they seem more like "un-nessacery, but fun" ideas.

Mabe two different fanfare musics for when the Roboenza is contained/has spreaded. Only reason i say this is because it can be difficult sometimes to tell that the last survivor/zombie has fallen, when the message at the bottom/ middle isn't enough

Somehow code or script the mod so that fellow survivors will not respond to other survivors attacks (team games or CTF are good examples). It can get annoying when pharohshot raves groups give away their location, due to how LOOUUUDDD they are... and the random "whoops-I-killed-a-survivor-with-hyper-bomb/crash-bomb-spam" insditence.

& 3.
Allow everyone to move around, and shoot after the game announces that survivors/infected won ,so that I can stop spectating all the time, just to allow everyone to move, and i want to try it out myself.

1 is an okay idea, but I dunno if it's possible. Then again, I don't know the first thing about scripting, so...

2 is another good idea, which I believe should be fixed.

3 ...is that really important? After all, it's only gonna be a few seconds. If that.

April 02, 2011, 04:30:14 AM
Reply #21

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 17, 2010, 05:35:11 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2011, 04:30:14 AM »
I gave this a try and I have to say I like the old version better. This one is way too fast paced. Here are my suggestions:

Zombies/Infected Robots:

Reduce their speed. I used to be able to outrun them, but now I'm under a lot of pressure when I'm being chased. As a zombie, I can catch almost anyone since I can outrun them. Plus, I have noticed people making more mistakes with the increased speed (e.x. people falling into the middle pit in Bright Man's stage).

Increase their health. A couple of good hits with Knight Crush or Rolling Cutter will kill an infected player. The low health makes it very difficult to catch skilled players.

Reduce the time deduction for using the alt. The huge jump is a nice addition to the game, but ten seconds is a big bite on time. I'd say lower it to five seconds.

Also, thank you so much for removing the zombie weapon drop. This was one thing I was happy to see gone. People exploited that all of the time, even on accident.

Survivors:

In Rage mode, is this fast wep taking place? If so, be prepared for crashes if Drill Bomb is involved...personally I think the survivor should get more weapon ammo or faster speed instead of fast weapons. It makes them a bit too overpowered.

Remove Item 1. I hate it when people use this to hold others down. Don't use the excuse "Deal with it." I have been, and I want a stop to this.

NoHope:

Why is this even here? Almost every single time there is one survivor, the Rage song always plays. The current Rage song is decent, but I want to pick my own song.

April 02, 2011, 04:51:35 AM
Reply #22

Offline Messatsu

• MM8BDM Extender

• Date Registered: November 10, 2010, 04:06:39 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2011, 04:51:35 AM »
I'm currently thinking about how to improve this based on feedback.  Here are the current ideas I'm contemplating:

-Decrease zombie speed - Currently they are 20% faster than players.  With only a few zombies this isn't a problem but it becomes completely impossible to deal with when there are more than 5.  I may lower this to 10 or 15 and see how that goes.  I actually WANT the zombies to be faster.  This is to promote a change in tactics from running away to actively engaging zombies.  I also want a player to be able to kill a zombie if they are skilled rather than it being at risk when they shoot them.

- Zombie health - I will try to adjust how health is given to the zombies.  In the original the more players meant each zombie had less life (400 - number of players times 6).  I reversed this by making the zombies stronger when there are more people, but I think this was a mistake as zombies quickly took over if more than 3 players were infected in most cases.  I'm not sure giving zombies more health makes sense, but something about it needs to change, I'm just not sure yet.

-Change the roboenza projectile - Currently it fires out a short range invisible bullet.  This leads to some weird situations where a player can be tagged at odd distances or missed at point blank.  I'll see about using something that takes the players velocity into account.  This shouldn't be hard as weapons such as star crash use this idea.

-Improve rage - I'm thinking that in addition to rapid fire, the player will have their ammo restored and given 3 more w-tanks.

-Raise the number of zombies required for rage to occur - I had this hard coded at more than 3 zombies would trigger this, but perhaps I will make it based on the playercount to zombiecount ratio or something like that so that it doesn't occur every single time in a large match.

Thoughts?

April 02, 2011, 05:18:33 AM
Reply #23

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2011, 05:18:33 AM »
Quote from: "Messatsu"
I'm currently thinking about how to improve this based on feedback.  Here are the current ideas I'm contemplating:

-Decrease zombie speed - Currently they are 20% faster than players.  With only a few zombies this isn't a problem but it becomes completely impossible to deal with when there are more than 5.  I may lower this to 10 or 15 and see how that goes.  I actually WANT the zombies to be faster.  This is to promote a change in tactics from running away to actively engaging zombies.  I also want a player to be able to kill a zombie if they are skilled rather than it being at risk when they shoot them.

- Zombie health - I will try to adjust how health is given to the zombies.  In the original the more players meant each zombie had less life (400 - number of players times 6).  I reversed this by making the zombies stronger when there are more people, but I think this was a mistake as zombies quickly took over if more than 3 players were infected in most cases.  I'm not sure giving zombies more health makes sense, but something about it needs to change, I'm just not sure yet.

-Change the roboenza projectile - Currently it fires out a short range invisible bullet.  This leads to some weird situations where a player can be tagged at odd distances or missed at point blank.  I'll see about using something that takes the players velocity into account.  This shouldn't be hard as weapons such as star crash use this idea.

-Improve rage - I'm thinking that in addition to rapid fire, the player will have their ammo restored and given 3 more w-tanks.

-Raise the number of zombies required for rage to occur - I had this hard coded at more than 3 zombies would trigger this, but perhaps I will make it based on the playercount to zombiecount ratio or something like that so that it doesn't occur every single time in a large match.

Thoughts?
Miscalculation: Player Speed gets a nerf in Roboenza as of ACS as I last checked. From 0.8 falls to 0.7. And the infect weapon is kinda like "OHKO", so the L4D logic wouldn't be a good. However the infect should be as close as possible to player speed, perhaps to the default speed of 0.8. It's too easy to lose control at Marine Speed. In the past, not many ran away. Everyone is good at something. For example, I'm better as camper/sniper or trapper. For direct combat, I'm trash. Why do you think I evade DM and LMS?

Infects could have different damage factors (check Classes Mod's coding), to take less damage from some types of weapons but take same damage from busters.

Varied range, as I told you, can be fixed by using the aimmable SpawnItemEx code, plus the momx,momy,momz for the speed of spawned objects and the spawn flag SXF_NOCHECKPOSITION|SXF_ABSOLUTEMOMENTUM. If you REALLY want to fix that issue, you are gonna need my help.

I gave you some interesting additional Rage ideas. In addition to that, a random rage theme according to type of rage.

Better have the rage always occur, but try to have it affect the hud (like the Berserk powerup in Doom causes the screen to turn red, the Berserk in Doom 3 "zooms out", etc).

April 02, 2011, 05:45:18 PM
Reply #24

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 17, 2010, 05:35:11 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2011, 05:45:18 PM »

Thoughts?

I don't mind zombies being a bit faster, but I just want their health increased. The lone Rage player is a zombie killer at the moment. Also, I say no to rapid fire for Rage, but ammo and W-Tanks are fine. I have seen a couple of matches where the lone survivor ripped apart like seven or eight zombies trying to get the survivor (where as in the original, sometimes the survivor was able to last long enough for all zombies to expire. I was notorious for this.), so I'm directly opposed to buffing Rage.

As for Rage and NoHope, I always thought it occurred with the lone survivor regardless of how many players are playing. Only one time did NoHope occur when one zombie remained, and Rage did not occur before then, so I thought Rage was the new NoHope.

April 02, 2011, 05:54:39 PM
Reply #25

Offline Messatsu

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2011, 05:54:39 PM »
Actually the zombie killer part is the exact reason for Rage.  I know that won't be everyone's cup of tea, but the goal of this mod is change it from a run away from zombies to an engage and destroy zombies style. I found zombies won if they infected a bunch of players right off the start, but lost if all the players ganged up immediately.  So rounds tended to be very quick.  I'm going to give Rage a buff, but reduce the frequency on which it occurs.  The idea behind it is that when a player has very little chance of winning, there's a glimmer of hope.  

An option I'm toying with currently for zombies is to give them a max of 300 health (vs 360 current max) but give them a regen rune.

April 02, 2011, 06:07:46 PM
Reply #26

Offline ice

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 05, 2010, 05:09:31 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2011, 06:07:46 PM »
An option I'm toying with currently for zombies is to give them a max of 300 health (vs 360 current max) but give them a regen rune.
That would give some stratagy to this, if your low on health, you could escape hide a moment and come out again, I approve

April 02, 2011, 06:39:52 PM
Reply #27

Offline Messatsu

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2011, 06:39:52 PM »
hm, the rate of regen is pretty quick though.  5 health every 3 seconds.  There must be a way to modify this.  I hope.

April 02, 2011, 06:42:47 PM
Reply #28

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2011, 06:42:47 PM »
hm, the rate of regen is pretty quick though.  5 health every 3 seconds.  There must be a way to modify this.  I hope.
Try to get the code for Regenrune if you can.

April 02, 2011, 06:43:29 PM
Reply #29

Offline Alucard

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2011, 06:43:29 PM »
I think the zombies shouldn't start at full health then if they're gonna be regening. Like, maybe start them with 200/300 health or something...