Advanced Search

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Cutstuff Discussion and Feedback / Cutstuff Forum Shutdown - June 1st
« Last post by CutmanMike on April 05, 2024, 12:13:16 PM »
On June 1st 2024, this forum will be taken down permanently!

Hi.

The Cutstuff forums will be closing on the 1st of June and all posts and topics will no longer be accessible. The database will be backed up and potentially will be available in some form at a later date, but there are no guarantees this will happen. You should browse and save any information/links/memories that are valuable to you before this time. The same is true for the mm8bdm blog, but the links and information found there will be preserved for a future web page. A future form of the forum is planned, mostly as a projects/events hub for MM8BDM players, but there's no ETA on when that is happening or what it will look like.

Why is this happening? Well, the main reason is the forum is barely used. People communicate using Discord these days, and the communities there are very active. Here is a link to the unofficial MM8BDM discord. It is only really unofficial as the dev team and myself do not moderate it. For all intents and purposes, it is the place to talk about MM8BDM and its surrounding community. The second reason is stability. Most of you probably aren't aware but this place is constantly going offline or the database is having hiccups. I don't have the technical experience to figure out why this happens, and don't really have time to learn. Therefore I want the site to be hosted and maintained by someone who does, OR make cutstuff.net be a basic portal with links (which it pretty much is currently anyways), that can't randomly drop or fail due to a behind the scenes software update that I was totally unaware of.

To save us work and prevent a bunch of troll TEH END IS NIGH posts, the forum will also be locked. Once again, this is your last chance to save any useful information stored on the forum pages!
Events / Re: [MAPS] MM8BDM V6C "Bounty" - Signups open! Deadline 01/Feb/2024
« Last post by RushJet1 on March 18, 2024, 03:37:24 AM »
WHARR's TAE RESULS
I know I'm supposed to be gone, sure, whatever.

GENESIS
ELEVEN was intended to be an optional side-story for anyone who liked the kind of "gameplay" found in CoopMania+.
As the topic says, it was somewhat unsurprisingly cancelled in the first half of 02/2024, two weeks after it was "created to fulfill the desire to kill the desire to fulfill the desire of creation."

...even though there is only one finished level in the file, I still did not want to leave it unseen, so here we are now.

cm-ss_genesis11_ver-unfinished.pk3 // https://drive.google.com/file/d/18mTd_I96wJvqkBWeVUETGSE3IUgERv_v/view?usp=sharing
the latest version of coop-pack, under the coopmania+ section // https://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=11982.0

IN THE MM8BDM LAUNCHER, LOAD IN THIS ORDER : COOP-PACK, GENESIS-ELEVEN
everything afterwards should have been streamlined well enough to not need any explanation

----------- ----------- ----------- ----------- ----------- ----------- ----------- ----------- ----------- ----------- -----------

KNOWN ISSUES // and to fix them
- pickup re-spawns, randomizer preferences and similar settings will reset upon entering the level // re-adjust the settings while in the level
- dynamic lights will vanish when there is a change in resolution/full-screen // off/on the main dynamic lighting setting

----------- ----------- ----------- ----------- ----------- ----------- ----------- ----------- ----------- ----------- -----------

...and for those unwilling to directly experience it, here are some further screenshots for your unintended viewing pleasure:

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

although unfinished, I feel that this project had succeeded in its intent to "kill the desire", so don't expect anything else from me after this. -XXXX
Introducing my weapon pack, the Basin O' Weapons!
Download Here

Changelog:
-Added Blueman's Blaster.
-Added Tsunade Ambush.
-Added Tracking Drill.
-Added Jester Ribbon.
« Last post by LlamaHombre on February 11, 2024, 11:13:55 PM »
The full pack is uploaded here: https://allfearthesentinel.com/zandronum/download.php?file=mm8bdm-bounty-full-v1a.pk3

As stated in the OP, give us judges about a month to figure all this out. There's a lot of (good!) maps in here that will require some discussion, playtesting, deliberation, all those fancy words. Most of us are busy throughout the start of this month for various reasons, so the end of the month and the beginning weeks of March are probably where we'll be really putting our pens to work.

Thanks everyone for the support! We'll be back with you shortly.
« Last post by Korby on February 02, 2024, 03:03:10 PM »
Name: Korby
Maps: MM6WIN
« Last post by LlamaHombre on February 02, 2024, 03:35:25 AM »
To any MWS mappers, I'm extending your deadline until February 10th, 11:59:59 PM. when I wake up on Sunday the 11th I should have your maps.

For everyone else, deadline is in an hour and a half. I will accept any maps I see by the time I wake up (circa 10 AM est, 12 hours after posting this)

Thanks all!
« Last post by fortegigasgospel on January 31, 2024, 03:52:03 AM »
Name: Forte_Gigas.Gospel
Maps: MM2FLA
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10