Advanced Search

Author Topic: PROJECT XOVER [ALPHA 0.6: The Bots Are Integrated!]  (Read 24416 times)

December 02, 2017, 05:31:42 AM
Read 24416 times

Offline Trainer Ed

• Standard Member

• Just a wandering Programmer
  • Date Registered: December 02, 2017, 02:26:40 AM

• View Profile
    • My fanfiction account!
PROJECT XOVER [ALPHA 0.6: The Bots Are Integrated!]
« on: December 02, 2017, 05:31:42 AM »
Cue the music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhgDibw7vB4

For over 4 years now, I've been stealing/developing weapon classes, refining this class mod and improving it in my free time as a hobby. Starting from simple edits of the basic Mega Buster and vanilla weapons with some third-party skins and bots to the version I'm releasing today. This mod has, in a sense, become a record and testament to my development as a MM8BDM modder and perhaps even a reason for me wanting to improve myself in the field of programming.

And for that, I want to thank everyone who originally created these bots and sprites, and everyone who has stuck with this simple little mod for all this time.

This is my thank you to you all.

In 2017, I made it my goal to create the ultimate MM8BDM tribute to the Megaman Series as a whole.
Not just X.
Not just Zero.
Not just Legends.
Not just Zx, Battle Network, nor Starforce.

(Mostly) E V E R Y O N E  I S  H E R E!

With a few extra guests…
The skins and some bots were all created by their previous owners, so without further ado, here's some credits.
Kudos to tsukiyomaru0 for creating the Special Classes Mod, without which this entire darn thing wouldn't be possible to create!
Additional thank you to Binary, who got in touch with me and helped me add Double-Jumping!
Vent, Model X and ZX- https://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=10081.0

Ashe and Grey, Zero (MMX)- http://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=4071.msg#msg

Volnutt- http://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=2919.msg#msg

Megaman EXE, Geo Stelar, Zero (MMZ)- https://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=5389.0

Mighty No.9- http://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=7064.0

Megaman X (and his bot too)- https://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=966.15

Over-1- http://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=4207.msg#msg

Ran Cossack- http://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=2889.msg#msg

--000--

Bots:

Zero- http://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=2083.0

Ashe, Grey, Megaman EXE- http://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=997.0

And last and CERTAINLY not least,

Special Classes V3.2- https://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=4939.30

Biometal Brawl (Dash animations, Altfire Charging)- https://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=9767.0

Megaman X Singleplayer Classes (Megaman X Sprites)- http://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=5658.0

Megaman Awesome Network (Battlechip coding, Sounds and sprites)- http://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=4306.0

Obligatory Thank you to Spriters Resource and Sounds Resource. Also a third special thank you to http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/, which features several HUD sprites I couldn't find anywhere else!

Gundam belongs to Sunrise
Pokemon Belongs to Nintendo and Game Freak. Please support their official releases.

Thank you to everyone who made this collection possible, and... sorry, if it's considered plagarism. I'm just a guy who wanted to make a collection of some of the best bots, skins and weapons I could find, and... I really just wanted to show off what I could do.

Sorry.

Anyway, here's what it's got.

[CLASSES]

REPLOID
Standard 3 level charge shot, but the altfire allows you to dash forwards a short distance! Not much, compared to everything else, but I guess we’ve all gotta start somewhere, right? In the latest version, the dash has a rare chance of doing something else completely! What is it? Let's just say that X's english voice actor was well known for another role in a certain mecha anime...

ZERO
Mah boi, this class is what all true warriors are FIGHTING FOOOOR! He has a double jump, his sword has a three-strike attack, with a dash attack for an altfire. The first and third swings of his sword can deflect most shots, allowing you to recreate that scene from Deadpool 2... For like, a few seconds before your opponent gets fed up and kills you!
 In addition, he now has access to his buster! The Z-Buster can now shoot lemons, or charge up to snipe opponents!

MEGAMAN ZERO
Buster-Shot Skill MAX! With the altfire, you can alternate between four modes; Regular, Ice, Fire, Electric. Each elemental mode has its own specialized third-level charged attack, based on the EX-Skills found in the Megaman Zero games (Namely the Blizzard Arrow, Burst Shot and V-Shot from Megaman Zero 3). Of course, he wouldn’t be Zero without his signature slashy stick, so you get a dual-slashing attack, where both slashes will deflect shots!
What’s that I hear? ‘It’s not as good as Zero’s triple slash’? Well, that’s because Zero’s Altfire (Dash attack) can’t be charged up to perform the Tenshouzan (when fired on the ground) or the Spinning Slash (In the air)! Again, based off EX-Skills. He, too, can double jump.

HUNTER
…And I was like, ‘Get ye other gun’, and I told myself, ‘You don’t have ye other gun’, and I just sat there, imagining WHY on EARTH I can’t get ye other gun!
So I made one.
Dual Wielding is now available in the Hunter mode in place of the Giga Crush! Primary fire will fire your right gun, Secondary will fire the left, and holding down either will allow you to rapid-fire with ease!
Uh… But there may be a slight problem. Turns out dual-wielding decreases your accuracy.
In addition, the single gun has gotten an upgrade as well! The three-level charge shot will allow you to fire either Ashe’s reflective laser (Level 2) or Grey’s regular charge shot (Level 3). But pressing the Altfire will allow you to switch modes, switching the Level 3 charge shot with a series of homing shots. Getting Booty has never been easier!
That sounded better in my head.

DIGGER
LEGENDS NEVER DIE! Bleh, kicking. Who even kicks anymore? Not me, that’s who! ESPECIALLY now that I’ve learnt how to make separate weapons!
You get not one, but THREE magical tools of death-dispensing! YEAH! Based on the first 3D Megaman game, this Class allows you to make use of the rapid-fire Megaman Buster and shower your foes with plasma! Your altfire in this mode will allow you to use the extremely dangerous but very cool Jet Skates and rocket around the arena! At speeds like that, it is advisable to avoid collisions with any opponents… And by that, I of course mean you must take it upon yourself to become the guided missile you were always meant to be!
You also get two other weapons; the Almighty Shining Laser and the Homing Active Buster! The former has been greatly nerfed from its canon counterpart, in that it may actually overheat upon over-use. Keep an eye on the handy temperature gauge now installed! Furthermore, both will actually stop you moving before firing. Literally. As in, they’ll freeze you in the air if fired while mid-air! Their Altfires are the trusty Megaman Buster again which, unfortunately, is not as impressive as the weapons it is supplementing.

NETNAVI
UPGRADE CHIP! SLOT-IN! The Netnavi class has been upgraded to be more similar to the version featured in [/b]Megaman Awesome Network[/b]! Once the custom gauge on the top of the screen fills up, it will give a 'full gauge' item. When used, the Full Gauge will provide a random battlechip. This will happen twice, giving you two different options to choose from in battle. Basically, if you played Awesome Network, it’s the exact same thing.

And even without the Battlechips, the Netnavi is still no sitting duck; it’s got a chargeable Mega Buster! His Buster shots are invisible to most other classes... Except for the EM-Being Class... So there has to be some tactical use for that!
It’s altfire is the AreaSteal Chip, allowing the user to warp short distances around the battlefield! Just don't jump around for too long, or you might start buffering... :mrgreen:
With these new weapons, it is now easier than ever to slay your opponents… ON THE BLOGOSPHERE! [/b]

EM-BEING
UPGRADED! Now, this class has an auto-charging, machine-gun buster, just like the original (Original Code featured in Megaman Awesome Network)! In addition, he also has a shield (Item) that will reflect weapons for a brief period of time. To use it, simply wait for the charge shot to charge to level 3 and use the altfire button (The shield replaces the dash that is usually there, so be careful when trying to escape from dangerous situations at full charge.)
However, being made out of EM, he can see things other classes can't; namely, his and the MMBN buster shots, and the various targeting reticles that I sprinkled in the other classes! Use this to  serve as an early warning to avoid those specific attacks!
The flight ability got an overhaul, too! Instead of just floating aimlessly, you can now press and hold the jump button again while in the air to start ascending slowly, trailing EM After-images in your wake. This method of flying is now more controlled, and allows one to quickly drop to the ground to surprise opponents after hovering above them.

XOVER
Truly, this class is a masterpiece... It's a rapid fire buster shot, with a dash attack as a altfire. All around, I figure it's a well-rounded class, certainly not because I just so happen to have him as my profile pic. No, sir! Just look out for potential cancellations and you should be fine, 'kay?
Wait, he has more?
Indeed! Thanks to the power of lazy re-spriting because I can't draw and experimentation, he now features additional weapons based on his OVER-2, OVER-3 and OVER-5 forms! OVER-2 gives you claws, allowing you to slash your enemies if they get too close for comfort, or alternatively close the distance with a dash-attack! OVER-3's Shield, activated via Alt-fire, allows you to block most attacks. And OVER-5 is a double threat, featuring twin buster cannons that fire rapid, low damage homing shots, or can alternatively charge up to release a powerful beam at the cost of your mobility. Be careful, though; OVER-5 is known to overheat often!

MIGHTY NUMBER
Wait, let me get into character here...
Wait, you, looking at the screen! Do you liek AWESOME things that are AWESOME?! Then you GOTTA play this awesome class! It's freaking cool and CRAZY addictive, like, popping bubble wrap addictive! You see this Altfire? It's a dash attack! You got a long dash, you got an airdash, heck, there's probably a dash to make you BECKFAST!

Great idea!... Wait, WHAT?!

POINT IS, you're dashing around like a freaking MOONMAN and I LOVE IT!
Oh, but that's not all! You use your MIGHTY BUSTER (Standard Fire) and YOU TOO CAN MAKE THE BAD GUYS CRY LIKE AN ANIME FAN ON PROM NIGHT! So, what d'ya think?! Are you ready to PLAY?

...Well, certainly not. But the Dash now features a small addition harkening to the Xel Absorption from the original game: When you dash into an opponent, HP and ammo pickups will fall out, ripe to be picked up. Over time, I might upgrade this to more reflect the Xel absorption, but then again, it is the Mighty No.9 weapon class, so we'll have to see!

RAN
For the Motherland! Everyone's favorite communist Science Fair Project from Bob & George joins the battle! The best way to describe the philosophy behind using this class is from the original comics themselves;

Source: Bob and George

With the almighty Cossack Buster, you can lay waste to your enemies and bring the capitalistic pig-dogs to their knees in the name of MOTHER RUSSIA! In addition, your altfire, inspired by this comic;

Source: Bob and George

Will allow you to deploy hundreds of (Nuclear?) homing missiles and wipe your foes off the face of this great Earth! However, this ungodly power comes with a cost;

Source-Oh, you get the idea.

Yeah. I had to construct this class out of REALLY cheap parts. You'll start with 1 Health and WILL die easily, regardless of how many energy capsules you pick up; that health bar of yours is surprisingly literal. Everything WILL kill you in a single shot. Also, your Buster, in spite of it's sheer power, can overload your systems, causing you to run into a fatal error. Heck, I bet breathing on you would kill you. Don't worry, Comrade. Keep at it!

Yes... Keep at it...

Finally, our Non-Megaman classes... Yep, I said Classes!

(click to show/hide)

Well, that's all. With these classes, and these bots, the ultimate MM8BDM experience (citation required) is just a click away!

Thank you, and once more, sorry if I plagarized anybody!

Right, that should about wrap things up.

Or at least, it should have.

It has recently come to my attention that the Bots previously packaged with the Xover Classes may not be compatible with the new weapons; back then, I just strapped them onto the simple weapon classes and hoped they worked.

But over time, as the weapons grew more complex, the bots were no longer able to use them to their full potential.

As such, I have re-designed the weapons to have botfires now, and improved the bots slightly! Now, all the bots previously included with the Xover pack folder are now within the main Xover Pk3.

Featuring Some New Botchats, Slightly better Bot Stats, and ridiculously formidable weapons, these bots are sure to provide a challenge to whoever faces them!

Latest Version:
Xover Classes Alpha 0.6 : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lnsvGJ5izEaF8Qh7oUbFw7b1fTTtvsth/view?usp=sharing

Old Versions:

(click to show/hide)

Other notes:
-I'd love to see this being used online, even if it is as a joke!
-I'd also like to see some feedback on this, so I know what could be improved.
-Again, I'm sorry for plagarizing.

December 03, 2017, 12:32:06 AM
Reply #1

Offline Trainer Ed

• Standard Member

• View Profile
    • My fanfiction account!
Sorry, I forgot to mention...
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 12:32:06 AM »
Um... Sorry, I kinda forgot... You'll need to download all the files and manually load them in. I'm not that good at compiling all those bots into one pack, sorry... :(

The 'Xover.pk3' contains the classes, the 'Bots with class' folder contains all the bots, and... the 'bots' folder has all the standard bots without their canonical classes. 'Skins' is pretty self explanatory. Well, that's all for now.

What do you think? Don't be shy to leave a reply or two!

December 04, 2017, 08:41:57 AM
Reply #2

Offline hansungkee

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor
  • Date Registered: March 24, 2017, 01:17:23 AM

• View Profile
Re: PROJECT XOVER
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 08:41:57 AM »
Sprites Gift

Maked,Fixed

Rockman Online HUD

Improved Sprites? not it's All Uncoming Buster Shots!

MM,MM6,MM5,MM8,X-Buster,Z-Buster,Shin Messenkou,Rockman no constancy,Megaman unlimited

December 05, 2017, 11:53:40 PM
Reply #3

Offline Trainer Ed

• Standard Member

• View Profile
    • My fanfiction account!
Re: PROJECT XOVER
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 11:53:40 PM »
Hey, thanks for the sprites! They look pretty good!
...Only problem is, I don't know how to sprite... :cry:
Sorry, I'm only really good for programming.... Well, reprogramming.

But thank you anyway!

October 29, 2018, 02:25:31 AM
Reply #4

Offline Trainer Ed

• Standard Member

• View Profile
    • My fanfiction account!
Re: PROJECT XOVER [ALPHA 0.2 RELEASED!]
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2018, 02:25:31 AM »
Doom's coming.

October 29, 2018, 03:28:32 AM
Reply #5

Offline hansungkee

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor

• View Profile
Re: PROJECT XOVER [ALPHA 0.2 RELEASED!]
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2018, 03:28:32 AM »
Skins Set
X-Type Armor
Zero-Type Armor
Duo-Type Armor

I Maked Skins.

Finded or Fixed Or Moded for MM8BDM Sprites Set

It's For you.

December 13, 2018, 07:58:32 AM
Reply #6

Offline Trainer Ed

• Standard Member

• View Profile
    • My fanfiction account!
Re: PROJECT XOVER [ALPHA 0.3 RELEASED! MERRY CHRISTMAS!]
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 07:58:32 AM »
BOOM! NEW UPDATE!

December 13, 2018, 09:28:38 AM
Reply #7

Offline hansungkee

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor

• View Profile

December 13, 2018, 04:43:28 PM
Reply #8

Offline Ruzma

• Standard Member

• darkness
  • Date Registered: August 05, 2018, 05:49:10 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2018, 04:43:28 PM »
Nicely done!

January 11, 2019, 06:03:18 AM
Reply #9

Offline Trainer Ed

• Standard Member

• View Profile
    • My fanfiction account!
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 06:03:18 AM »
Thank you very much! However, most of the credits would go to the original creators, as listed. I really just put the stuff together.

Speaking of crediting, I left someone out by accident! Whoops.

Sgt.Mark IV - Brutal Doom.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom

The Chainsaw's altfire's sprites came from that. That is all I can really say.

That, and...
(click to show/hide)

March 27, 2020, 12:24:46 AM
Reply #10

Offline Trainer Ed

• Standard Member

• View Profile
    • My fanfiction account!
Re: PROJECT XOVER [ALPHA 0.4 RELEASED!]
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2020, 12:24:46 AM »
In this time of uncertainty, fear and no toilet paper, I have created the next iteration of Project Xover! GET YOURS TODAY!

Also remember to wash your hands before and after using it. Hygiene is very important.

March 27, 2020, 12:53:01 AM
Reply #11

Offline Lucky_104

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: March 26, 2020, 09:40:41 PM

• View Profile
Re: PROJECT XOVER [ALPHA 0.4 RELEASED!]
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2020, 12:53:01 AM »
Awesome! Yo I'm in love with this mod . Thought char was so damn fun.! I'm a big gundam fan so I lost it when I saw char's custom joe! Was on disscord and asked to try out the grand class mod and started looking at the huds and found something that gave me an idea char had a HI-GOGG AS WELL! Would be cool to see that make mm8bdm. Tho I would love to see a sd gudam cross over lol would be stupid tho funny af.

September 11, 2020, 05:54:47 AM
Reply #12

Offline Trainer Ed

• Standard Member

• View Profile
    • My fanfiction account!
Re: PROJECT XOVER [ALPHA 0.5! THIS ONE HAS BALANCED WEAPONS NOW!]
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2020, 05:54:47 AM »
The apocalypse is upon us.

...And I updated this mod! GET YOUR COPY TODAY!

September 14, 2020, 10:41:53 PM
Reply #13

Offline Elementman.EXE

• Standard Member

• pi ki ra
  • Date Registered: September 05, 2020, 12:52:59 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2020, 10:41:53 PM »
Did you fixed the buster shot explosions killing yourself. It happened to those with explosion attacks, such as zero.

September 19, 2020, 04:56:03 AM
Reply #14

Offline BombHornet

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 25, 2013, 11:18:23 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2020, 04:56:03 AM »
What was the Over-4 form ever supposed to do? Is it no different from Over-1?