Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch > Projects & Creative

Recreation - A Map Project

(1/3) > >>

fortegigasgospel:
Howdy folks FGG here with an all new project that I've been working on called "Recreation"
Pick up v1.0 >Here< (Recreation-MP_v1.0) which features RCTF01 - 08 and RECDM01
The goal of this project is to take maps from other games, and recreate them for 8bdm.
Now the thing is, I'm making this a community project, so anyone can submit a map for project (hit me up on discord), the only requirement being, it is a replica of a map from some other game.
A few guidelines to follow
(click to show/hide)The map doesn't have to be an exact 1 for 1 recreation, feel free to add sections to the map or remove sections from the map to increase flow or if the game had a mechanic that we here in 8bdm do not.
The map should be recognizable from it's original source, but you do not have to use custom textures if you do not want to.
Follow your typical 8bdm map guidelines.
-=The current maps=-
=CTF oriented=
RCTF01 - The Duel, replicated from the map of the same name from Star Wars: Jedi Knight, Dark Forces II, made by FGG
(click to show/hide)
RCTF02 - Garrison 20-X, replicated from Garrison 27-D from Star Wars: Jedi Knight II, Jedi Outcast, made by FGG
(click to show/hide)
RCTF03 - Temple Tournament, replicated from the map of the same name from Star Wars: Jedi Knight II, Jedi Outcast, made by FGG
(click to show/hide)
RCTF04 - Slag Base, replicated from the map of the same name from Turok: Evolution, made by FGG
(click to show/hide)
RCTF05 - The Watchman of the Coast, replicated from one of Ilios' locations from Overwatch, with permission from CutmanMike to use.
(click to show/hide)
RCTF06 - Lijiang Tower Control Center, replicated from one of Lijang Tower's locations from Overwatch, made by Trillster
(click to show/hide)
RCTF07 - Nehpets Towers, replicated from Turok Evolution, made by FGG
(click to show/hide)
RCTF08 - Longest, replicated from Halo, made by Trillster
(click to show/hide)

=FFA Oriented=
RECDM01 - VR Temple, replicated from Phantasy Star Online Episode 1 & 2's Battle Rule 2, made by FGG
(click to show/hide)
-=Side Notes=-
And yes, those scoreboards do work (thanks to Bika)
(click to show/hide)

LlamaHombre:
Interesting idea!

I've had thoughts in the past where I'm playing another FPS and I wonder how well it would translate to MM8BDM. This seems like a good avenue to test these thoughts out.

RockmanShadow:
I recreated a COD map a few months back but I unfortunately lost it because my old computer stopped working.

fortegigasgospel:
2 more maps have been added, 1 old and 1 new. Original post has been updated with them already.
The Watchman of the Coast, by CutmanMike, who gave permission to add it to the pack!
(click to show/hide)
and Lijiang Tower Control Center, by Trillster, another Overwatch map!
(click to show/hide)
I've seen others showing interest in making maps, the first public release will be this weekend in case any more maps are being made, if I know that someone is making a map I'll be willing to postpone the release as well.

We've also got some map cards to go along with the project, column 1 is made by myself, column 2 is made by Trillster, with some potential future games included accounted for already.

NerfPlayeR135:
How about some Team Fortress 2 or Unreal Tournament maps? I'd love to see 2fort and Facing Worlds if possible.

EDIT: Whoops, did not see the TF2 map card. UT maps would still be cool though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version