Advanced Search

Author Topic: TMK4's Workshop (News regarding grad life and, oh, Saxton Hale too)  (Read 159305 times)

September 24, 2014, 08:15:59 PM
Reply #435

Offline Ceridran

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: April 07, 2012, 01:08:52 AM

• View Profile
    • http://ceridran.tumblr.com/
it sounds horrifying
« Reply #435 on: September 24, 2014, 08:15:59 PM »
Quote from: "coolcat7022"
I'm pretty sure it didn't fire in an arch, though correct me if i'm wrong, but Crash/Clash Clinger it is!

Crash > Clash, unless you really want the Clash Cringer.

September 24, 2014, 08:18:47 PM
Reply #436

Offline coolcat7022

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 27, 2013, 01:01:34 AM

• View Profile
Re: TMK4's Workshop (Mega Man World project announced!)
« Reply #436 on: September 24, 2014, 08:18:47 PM »
XD, Clash Cringer is the filename for the projectile's sprite, whilst the wep is called Crash Clinger.

September 24, 2014, 08:34:42 PM
Reply #437

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 24, 2014, 08:34:42 PM »
In Power Battles that is how it fired, just no remote action. Kind of like how in both Atomic Fire was more like Heat's version.

September 24, 2014, 08:45:41 PM
Reply #438

Offline coolcat7022

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 27, 2013, 01:01:34 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 24, 2014, 08:45:41 PM »
Okay, so I guess the projectile will have to be an orange, and flashing ball instead of a small black sphere.

September 26, 2014, 04:05:53 AM
Reply #439

Offline BlackEmperorJet

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: May 20, 2014, 12:38:23 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 26, 2014, 04:05:53 AM »
I think I have a few ideas for weapons for other classes.
Air Man + Bass = Gatling Gust
Fires off a strong gusts of wind that has a somewhat short range but when hitting enemies it knocks them back and does ripper damage to them for 2 to 4 seconds.
Metal Man + Proto Man = Mobile Gear(Based off of Shovel Knight)
Throws a small platform with a gear under it that once jumped on, begins to move in the direction it was fired. It hops a small height when reaching edges and can be used on top of spikes. It can be rode on or can be sent charging towards enemies. When it hits a wall it can be used as an extra platform for a few seconds before exploding.

September 27, 2014, 01:23:36 AM
Reply #440

Offline Trillster

• Time Lord

• what's a code
  • Date Registered: July 18, 2014, 08:42:32 PM

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #440 on: September 27, 2014, 01:23:36 AM »
Alright, so I went ahead and made some Crash Bomb weapons. I used coolcat7022's idea for Clash Clinger, a shotgun-like Crash Scatter, and a spinning Crash Bomb Nuke. The Crash Scatter is basically just a shotgun + crash bombs. The Crash Nuke sets down a marker and after a few seconds, it starts firing a spiral of crash bombs. However, I'm not sure if Tails will use these weapons.

September 28, 2014, 02:03:44 PM
Reply #441

Offline SmashTheEchidna

• Standard Member

• AKA Smash Corliss
  • Date Registered: December 07, 2010, 09:25:12 PM

• View Profile
    • http://fandedication.4umer.com/
« Reply #441 on: September 28, 2014, 02:03:44 PM »
Tails is barely even active in the Saxton Hale department. I personally find it somewhat rude to complain about it here when he is trying to start a new project. Stardust's Workshop is where you should redirect your comments regarding Hale, as that is where the current versions of it reside.

September 28, 2014, 02:15:08 PM
Reply #442

Offline BookofDobson

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 05, 2014, 11:04:24 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 28, 2014, 02:15:08 PM »
Quote from: "SmashTheEchidna"
Tails is barely even active in the Saxton Hale department. I personally find it somewhat rude to complain about it here when he is trying to start a new project. Stardust's Workshop is where you should redirect your comments regarding Hale, as that is where the current versions of it reside.

Ohhh... Sorry and thank you

September 28, 2014, 02:33:49 PM
Reply #443

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 17, 2010, 05:35:11 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 28, 2014, 02:33:49 PM »
Quote from: "Rozark Kyouko"
...but I'm too busy being curious on if Megaman World is actually going to be finished or its just another pipe dream.

I'm assembling a team soon so that some work can get done, but I definitely do not blame you for the mindset you currently have on this, since projects like this have a high rate of failure, sadly. I think the first goal I've set is reasonable, considering aside from coding a few bosses, the only big things remaining are maps and weapons for Proto, Bass, and Roll. What I hope to accomplish in the next month or so is meeting any reasonable expectations veterans like you have for a new ambitious project. I'm even willing to attempt some mapping myself so this goal is met, since the project needs mappers badly. I'm already revising the hub map area anyway, so I might as well do some more mapping, since I've got others on the team that can also do coding.

September 28, 2014, 04:40:29 PM
Reply #444

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 08:10:13 PM

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #444 on: September 28, 2014, 04:40:29 PM »
Just a heads-up, coop mapping is pretty hard to balance the length of the stages and make things interesting, whether its linear or nonlinear

Make sure you test every map about 16 times to eliminate some of the areas where people could snipe enemies without the enemies being able to hit back, because there were a lot of those when I made my maps
And above all GOOD LUCK because I'm pretty sure a lot of people want this to work out

September 28, 2014, 05:59:13 PM
Reply #445

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• Still Around, But Only Kind Of
  • Date Registered: November 21, 2010, 08:21:24 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 28, 2014, 05:59:13 PM »
Okay, so I've talked about writing down the prevailing themes of each character's weapons (Just so it's formally written down somewhere), and I think I'm just about ready to go at it.

Vanilla MMSP
Mega Man:  Vanilla copy weapons.  Makes sense, since he's designed to be the simple, easy-to-play character.

Proto Man:  As I know it, Proto Man's weapons are basically "Vanilla Weapons:  More Different Edition."  Though they do, in the end, achieve the same objective as Mega Man's, the behavior of the projectile is changed in some way, effectively changing the way in which it is used.  If there is a different edition of the same weapon, he is probably the one to receive it (e.g., he would probably get Pharaoh Wave from Pharaoh-Man and Stone Hand from Stone-Man).

Bass:  I hear people refer to Bass as the melee class, but I think it is most accurate to call him the berserker class—by which I mean, his weapons will generally consist of something high-risk, high-reward.  True to Bass's character, his weapons should be about getting up in their face and dealing tons of damage.

Roll:  Roll is, predictably, the support class.  Though her weapons aren't quite as strong in comparison to the others in the group, she can fire them from a safe distance, and often times they can really help to wear down a foe before her allies move in for the kill.

MMSP:  Strength in Numbers
Doc Robot:  Given his character theme of emulating Robot Masters more directly, Doc Robot's weapons can be a bit more fanciful than the others.  You'll note that all his weapons thus far directly emulate the boss's rage attack.  While it would be a neat recurring element, I don't think it's entirely necessary.

Dark-Man:  All of Dark-Man's weapons focus upon his shield and alter it in some way, either through replacing the satellites or through rings of projectiles.  You'll note that they also all drain weapon energy over time (Some so quickly it makes me ponder how useful they really are).

Duo:  As far as I can tell, Duo is all about raw power.  Unlike Bass, however, he's more of a tank than a berserker (Defense instead of speed).  Since his weapons don't strike me as being unified in another way, I could be wrong about this.

Fake-Man:  Fake-Man's weaponry revolves around taking mechanics from actual guns (Six chambers, reloading, overheating, etc).  In order to compensate for his unique gimmick, his attacks are often faster and/or more powerful than a "regular" weapon.

MMXSP
X:  X takes vanilla weapons from his original series as his copy weapons—which is going to be a problem in the long run, because there are fewer total Mega Man X copyweps than there are Mega Man Classic copyweps.  Do with this what you will.

Zero:  Zero's copy weapons, like X's, are derived from his special attacks from X4 onward—which will be an even larger problem than X's copy weapons, since he has even less source material.

Axl:  ...To be honest, I can't even derive a theme from Axl's weaponry beyond "The RM is now a gun."

Vile:  Vile's gimmick, obviously, is the whole shtick where he gets three interchangeable weapons from each RM.  Each of these weapons appear to be very powerful even alone, let alone when the player uses them in tandem—but the MMXSP classes are stupidly overpowered anyway, so *Shrug*

I know some people feel like this stuff is really obvious, though, so I guess I'll go ahead and bring something else:

(click to show/hide)

September 28, 2014, 08:42:08 PM
Reply #446

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 08:10:13 PM

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #446 on: September 28, 2014, 08:42:08 PM »
Quote from: "CHAOS_FANTAZY"
Axl:  ...To be honest, I can't even derive a theme from Axl's weaponry beyond "The RM is now a gun."

lol yep this is accurate, they're also semi-based on fps standard weapons with a robot master twist hence why he has one for each slot right now

bear in mind Zero literally does not have the capability to hold more than about 8 well-designed weapons because all his attacks are different inputs on the same weapon, so you'd run out of ways to implement attacks preeettyy fast

September 28, 2014, 11:36:02 PM
Reply #447

Offline TheDoc

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 31, 2011, 10:37:33 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 28, 2014, 11:36:02 PM »
Quote from: "CHAOS_FANTAZY"
Roll:  Time Distortion.  Shield-like weapon that drains ammo over time; projectiles that come within a certain radius of Roll will become slowed to the point where they are easily avoided.
How about also having the option to pass it on to someone else? If the idea behind the weapon is to support others with it, then I guess you could potentially give it a gigantic AoE, but since Atomic Radiance already provides the basis to giving others "power-ups", it'd be more useful just passing it off instead of following another player around like a puppy dog.

September 29, 2014, 12:41:42 AM
Reply #448

Offline ScrapHeap

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 25, 2013, 12:18:01 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 29, 2014, 12:41:42 AM »
Plus I'm absolutely shure nobody likes being left in the dust when someone 'pocket medic's

September 29, 2014, 01:04:13 AM
Reply #449

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 29, 2014, 01:04:13 AM »
I'll try to come up with potential weapons for characters (and the mod versions as well) at some point, see what kind of stuff I can think up.