Advanced Search

Author Topic: Cyberbullies  (Read 35635 times)

January 31, 2014, 04:24:04 PM
Reply #120

Offline Hunter Frags

• MM8BDM Extender

• Date Registered: December 21, 2013, 10:45:35 PM

• View Profile
    • Low Quality Escapades (YT Channel)
Re: Cyberbullies
« Reply #120 on: January 31, 2014, 04:24:04 PM »
This may or may not be the appropriate place to ask this, but can there somehow be such thing as abusing the ignore function?

The thing is this someone I brought up (not giving names considering how many times this name's been mentioned) that's been giving me a hard time has constantly used the ignore function on me for stupid things. Whether he thinks I'm lying about something or I tell him what he does to tick people off or what a jerk he's been when he clearly is/has been one. He calls ME the bully, he tells me I'm ruining HIS day, yet he's the one that's been the pain in the arse even since back when I started (although I've noticed he's probably been around before that).

Edit: Well, there was a time or three that I was legitly ignored by him, but other than that, all it is is ignored, ignored, ignoring, ignoring, ignoring, ignored, ignored, ignored, IGNORED. Yet he's been told to use the ignore function if someone got on his nerves. :I

January 31, 2014, 05:28:54 PM
Reply #121

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #121 on: January 31, 2014, 05:28:54 PM »
just use the ignore command?
if someone is pestering you through messages in game, literally ignoring them will solve the problem.

You could also just disable chat.

January 31, 2014, 05:37:37 PM
Reply #122

Offline Hunter Frags

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 31, 2014, 05:37:37 PM »
*sigh* I said HE LITERALLY ABUSES IT ON ME WITHOUT ANY LEGIT REASON. Every little thing I say about him he ignores me for and it's stupid. He does things wrong and ignores me whenever I bring up any of them because he's been a jerk to people before and he should know so.

I understand using It when people get out-of-hand, but using it when someone says something little that you don't like is kinda pathetic.

January 31, 2014, 06:05:11 PM
Reply #123

Offline Rui

• MM8BDM Extender

• I believe in you!
  • Date Registered: November 05, 2011, 12:47:57 PM

• View Profile
either way theres not rly much we can do
« Reply #123 on: January 31, 2014, 06:05:11 PM »
could you be a bit more specific on what you say to upset said person or what the person says to cause irritation?

January 31, 2014, 06:07:00 PM
Reply #124

Offline Tengu

• Donator

• the frogs are gay
  • Date Registered: May 17, 2011, 12:36:35 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 31, 2014, 06:07:00 PM »
It's like The Legend of Lautaro all over again.

January 31, 2014, 09:32:45 PM
Reply #125

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #125 on: January 31, 2014, 09:32:45 PM »
Quote from: "ChaosUnlimited"
*sigh* I said HE LITERALLY ABUSES IT ON ME WITHOUT ANY LEGIT REASON. Every little thing I say about him he ignores me for and it's stupid. He does things wrong and ignores me whenever I bring up any of them because he's been a jerk to people before and he should know so.

I understand using It when people get out-of-hand, but using it when someone says something little that you don't like is kinda pathetic.

I don't think you quite understood what I meant, so I'll try and explain it better.

If he's just ignoring you, whether or not it's using the command, then why does that matter? Why does it bother you so much that someone ignores you? Should everyone hear what you have to say? If you don't like him bothering you through text, just use the ignore command on him. I absolutely guarantee that you won't be bothered by him ignoring you or not.

I'm not sure why you're bothered by someone ignoring you. If he's ignoring you for you saying stuff about him, why not....not say stuff about him? If he's being a jerk, just call up a vote kick. If that doesn't work, just ignore him. It's not really that hard.

February 01, 2014, 01:19:54 AM
Reply #126

Offline Dr. Crasger

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 12, 2013, 11:55:36 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 01, 2014, 01:19:54 AM »
Lemme guess who this ignorer guy is...
Is it Bikdark, LD or AwesomeDan?

If it's not those three... is it: Megaman/Protoman/Bass/Neo Megaman (He's all the same guy)?

February 01, 2014, 02:18:56 AM
Reply #127

Offline Hunter Frags

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 01, 2014, 02:18:56 AM »
Quote from: "Korby"

I don't think you quite understood what I meant, so I'll try and explain it better.

If he's just ignoring you, whether or not it's using the command, then why does that matter? Why does it bother you so much that someone ignores you? Should everyone hear what you have to say? If you don't like him bothering you through text, just use the ignore command on him. I absolutely guarantee that you won't be bothered by him ignoring you or not.

I'm not sure why you're bothered by someone ignoring you. If he's ignoring you for you saying stuff about him, why not....not say stuff about him? If he's being a jerk, just call up a vote kick. If that doesn't work, just ignore him. It's not really that hard.

With this and the fact that it was just another Danny issue people don't want to hear, I withdraw my compliant in exchange for something else:

It's gotten on my nerves as of recently that someone's been giving someone a hard time almost every time they're in the same server. I'll give you a hint: the one that calls Doom "Otaku's wet dream". The guy, probably along with others, using his past failed projects against him constantly (specifically a certain class pack). Otaku himself doesn't have a problem with it (in a sense), but I always end up in the server when this crap goes on and it's getting on my nerves.

(Inb4 suggests ignore) For the record, I don't believe that ignoring things will make them go away. Just saying.

February 01, 2014, 02:42:11 AM
Reply #128

Offline Bikdark

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 26, 2010, 01:51:13 AM

• View Profile
DONT DRAG ME BRO
« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2014, 02:42:11 AM »
Quote from: "Dr. Crasger"
Bikdark, LD or AwesomeDan?
Excuse me? :^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^):^)

It is VERY disrespectful to call people out like this, especially in an area that is supposed to be entirely separate from where the incident took place. You don't have the right to bully me or anyone else just because someone made you mad.
Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa
there is no need to be upset

February 01, 2014, 03:02:41 AM
Reply #129

Offline Mendez

• MM8BDM Extender

• Yesterday's World
  • Date Registered: July 25, 2010, 05:23:05 AM

• View Profile
    • My Youtube (BlueBrawl)
FINE I WON'T DRAG YOU. STILL WANT THAT WAR THOUGH.
« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2014, 03:02:41 AM »
I would say leave names out of this unless you can CONFIRM without a doubt who is doing the cyberbullying. While Bik has had an history of trolling, it doesn't mean he did it this time. That's prejudice, and that's no gooood.

February 01, 2014, 03:56:35 AM
Reply #130

Offline Hunter Frags

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2014, 03:56:35 AM »
It's gotten on my nerves as of recently that someone's been giving someone a hard time almost every time they're in the same server. I'll give you a hint: the one that calls Doom "Otaku's wet dream". The guy, probably along with others, using his past failed projects against him constantly (specifically a certain class pack). Otaku himself doesn't have a problem with it (in a sense), but I always end up in the server when this crap goes on and it's getting on my nerves.

(Inb4 suggests ignore) For the record, I don't believe that ignoring things will make them go away. Just saying.

Lemme rephrase that better: There's been a series of arguments going on within the past while between Otaku Alex, SuperJustinBros, and Braixen about stuff I'm not gonna waste time with. While I'd care less what their problem is, they had better sense to take their issues to somewhere private instead of frustrating the other people in said server (usually a ++ server) with it.

February 01, 2014, 04:14:08 AM
Reply #131

Offline OtakuAlex

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 14, 2013, 05:50:22 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 01, 2014, 04:14:08 AM »
Braixen comes to the server and I already know he's gonna bitch about something since that's all he ever does in there. I have been usually the one to start recently, but I'd much rather have him insult me than hear is blind and ignorant complaints about ++. In a sense, I'm trying to keep him distracted from what he wanted to say about the mod. And if anyone thinks he isn't gonna start complaining, they really need to see his past behaviour.

While I am annoyed by my old class pack since it was such a failure, I would gladly have people insult me and my work than watch them insult something that in no way deserves such hatred.

And I'm not even trying to sound like the good guy, I am just telling my point of view and how I have been doing things.

What annoys me, though, is that Braixen has managed to make people believe what he believes and act like he acts. I don't know how he does that, but it's pretty frightening to say the least.

February 01, 2014, 05:35:53 AM
Reply #132

Offline Bikdark

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 26, 2010, 01:51:13 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 01, 2014, 05:35:53 AM »
Quote from: "OtakuAlex"
Braixen comes to the server and I already know he's gonna bitch about something since that's all he ever does in there
Seriously you're going into a thread that's pretty much anti-"cyberbullying" but you do this shit? You're no better than he is.
:^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) :^) Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa Kappa

February 01, 2014, 08:46:33 AM
Reply #133

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
« Reply #133 on: February 01, 2014, 08:46:33 AM »
Yeah, this topic is getting completely out of hand. I kept meaning to lock it once it died down, but I always forget to do that and then someone revives it and the whole situation starts over.

But seeing how heated it is getting in here, I'm just going to close this now.