Advanced Search

Author Topic: What do you think about Korby?  (Read 30457 times)

October 20, 2013, 08:02:29 PM
Reply #15

Offline Kapus

• MM8BDM Extender

• Master of Hiccup
  • Date Registered: November 22, 2010, 06:40:07 AM

• View Profile
    • My art
Re: This is my 800th post. I wonder what that says about me.
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2013, 08:02:29 PM »
Quote from: "Balrog"
So, you're saying that Korby has a short fuse in Skype chats but otherwise is quite nice?
I wouldn't say "short fuse" from my experience. More passive aggressive if anything, and he's not too bad about it.

I am speaking from my experience, though. As I had stated, I'm not familiar with most of the skype chats floating around, so I could just be missing some of his behavior (although I would be genuinely surprised if that were true).

October 20, 2013, 08:05:20 PM
Reply #16

Offline Tengu

• Donator

• the frogs are gay
  • Date Registered: May 17, 2011, 12:36:35 AM

• View Profile
Re: What do you think about Korby?
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2013, 08:05:20 PM »
I think we're all forgetting the topic at hand. Forum moderation. None of this has to do with that. There's about 1000 topics about Skype drama out there and this doesn't help it.

The topic title "What do you think about Korby?" in itself is just stupid. You might as well have named it "Help me bash Korby because I don't like him."

October 20, 2013, 08:12:29 PM
Reply #17

Offline Kapus

• MM8BDM Extender

• Master of Hiccup
  • Date Registered: November 22, 2010, 06:40:07 AM

• View Profile
    • My art
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2013, 08:12:29 PM »
Korby and I already addressed the fact, Tengu. We're not forgetting.

Nobody here is bashing Korby, either. Balrog himself created the topic to sort the issue with wheelie and get information and opinions, not to publicly shame Korby. The discussion at hand is very civil.

October 20, 2013, 11:53:58 PM
Reply #18

Offline Captain Barlowe

• Warrior

• hell
  • Date Registered: December 10, 2010, 03:46:43 AM

• View Profile
    • ness
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2013, 11:53:58 PM »
What do I think of Korby? Well, from since we met...
He's a pretty cool mod on cutstuff that works well with Ivory.
He's one of my fighting game partners (games include SFIII, Alpha 3, SFIV, Garou)
He holds the second place record for longest call hosted (about 25 hours)
I try to say hi to him whenever I see him.
He plays LoL, and TF2 as a pretty good pyro who likes badwater.
He's currently a jelly filled donut.
He was the leader of the townies and much fun collaboration between him and I were had.
He's hosting the next mafia, which seems very in-depth and confusing(not in a bad sense) from what I've heard.
He's pretty good at famitracking even though he states he isn't.
BIRD ATTACK
Horse.

I find him a pretty cool guy and one of my closer friends on cutstuff, along with one of the few members I talk to in a regular basis.

...Now, if we were talking on the topic of Swiss, I would state that Swiss broke about 3 of the rules and justly deserved the ban placed upon him on cutstuff. I still have no idea how this relates to Korby other than Skype matters, and I believe if both you and Swiss talked to him one-on-one, these feelings of "hate" might be explained in more detail, if they haven't been already.

October 21, 2013, 01:30:05 AM
Reply #19

Offline CDRom11_2007

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 07, 2013, 06:58:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2013, 01:30:05 AM »
Its amazing what power can do to someone. Korby, to me, is CutmanMike's right hand man, or, that's just how i see it. So, imagine the power Korby must have. But remember, when comes power comes great responsibility. In this case, to take care of the scum of the cutstuff community. Now, imagine being in his position, when actions must be made quickly and correctly, two contradicting conditions. Mistakes will be made. Its our job as the cutstuff community to help correct these mistakes. I mean, we are a community, a single community. This forum would be nothing without each other... We are nothing without each other. What Balrog did was right, confronting the situation for the rest of us to decide. Imagine the possible conflict if this situation wasn't confronted? The last thing we need is more conflict. But we have to remember that we are still real people behind those monitors. Doing the impossible (even though i believe there is no such thing as impossible) is still very difficult. Cut the guy some slack. And I say that to both Balrog and Korby.

October 21, 2013, 07:35:05 PM
Reply #20

Knux

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2013, 07:35:05 PM »
As far as moderating in the forums goes, I don't have a problem with Korby. Sure I have other things to say about him, but I voiced what's relevant already, so yeah.

October 23, 2013, 05:04:08 AM
Reply #21

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
= w=!
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2013, 05:04:08 AM »
What do I think about Korby? Good question.

Korby is a mod because I vouched for him when I requested a new global mod to lighten the load off of me. I chose Korby because my impression of him was a friendly sort of person who can be sensible and and act when needed. While I'll say Korby has definitely had times when he lets something slide, or does something completely silly, Korby's usefulness has bested over any negatives. Sure, there has been times when I second guessed my choice but nonetheless, I keep Korby around for the same reason I keep Llama around. They are both very good friends and team members to work with.

Seeing as no one has been able to provide any solid reason to why I should reconsider Korby's position and that this thread has died down inactivity for two days, it's safe to say Korby's staying in his position.