Advanced Search

Author Topic: What are your hopes and dreams?  (Read 9587 times)

January 04, 2013, 11:43:30 AM
Read 9587 times

Offline Turbodude

• Warrior

• Minus the whole 'dude' thing.
  • Date Registered: July 07, 2010, 12:06:31 AM

• View Profile
    • My Twitch! (Fightingpolygonteam)
What are your hopes and dreams?
« on: January 04, 2013, 11:43:30 AM »
The clouds have passed, it's 2013, a worldwide apocalypse theory has left us with expected results, and the road to tomorrow is bright as day. How do you wish to walk this path?

I've always considered myself a dreamer, almost always looking into the future and hoping for the best. Some people dream of having a nice family, others dream of being a billionaire or having successful jobs.

So, Cutstuff, let me ask you...What are some of your hopes and dreams?
It can be small, like excelling on something you're working on, or obtaining something you've always wanted, or it can be  big like having a successful future or discovering something fantastic.

Let's not make this too silly and post about how you want to see pigs fly, or how you want to rule the world with Servbots.

Come on, now, I want to hear your thoughts for the road ahead!

January 04, 2013, 01:48:55 PM
Reply #1

Offline SmashTheEchidna

• Standard Member

• AKA Smash Corliss
  • Date Registered: December 07, 2010, 09:25:12 PM

• View Profile
    • http://fandedication.4umer.com/
Re: What are your hopes and dreams?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 01:48:55 PM »
Well...For one thing, I hope to finish all my big projects I've been working on for the past few years. That includes a fangame, 5 Phoenix Wright styled fan-cases, and an entire fanfiction series (which the former two are apart of).

Call me crazy, but I really am serious about finishing all of them. Even if it means I have to do it myself.

January 04, 2013, 02:17:07 PM
Reply #2

Offline KillerChair

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 24, 2010, 11:27:42 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/pixellerate
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 02:17:07 PM »
I am hoping to reach people with my acting career.
It might be a hard road i am walking right now but i can only hope for great results.

Also i would just like to make people smile.
Cause that is what makes me truly happy :3

January 04, 2013, 05:07:18 PM
Reply #3

Offline Turbodude

• Warrior

• Minus the whole 'dude' thing.
  • Date Registered: July 07, 2010, 12:06:31 AM

• View Profile
    • My Twitch! (Fightingpolygonteam)
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 05:07:18 PM »
Alright now that I'm not being rushed out the door I can actually type this up...

Personally, I want to get a career in computer programming, specifically software engineering or just something involving coding. Relevant to this is my interest in learning how to code in DECORATE and ACS sometime really soon.
Along with a career, I really hope someday I can have a wife and kids, raising a loving family as I listed as an example earlier.

Oh yeah. and I'm really into bikes, so having a motorcycle sometime down the road would be awesome. Preferably a Honda.

January 04, 2013, 05:18:33 PM
Reply #4

Offline SmashTheEchidna

• Standard Member

• AKA Smash Corliss
  • Date Registered: December 07, 2010, 09:25:12 PM

• View Profile
    • http://fandedication.4umer.com/
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 05:18:33 PM »
Quote from: "Turbodude"
Oh yeah. and I'm really into bikes, so having a motorcycle sometime down the road would be awesome.

I've been thinking the same thing.

January 04, 2013, 06:30:35 PM
Reply #5

Offline Accel

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 23, 2010, 02:13:20 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 06:30:35 PM »
I'd like to entertain people, and one of my largest goals is to become a successful author. I love creating my own stories and worlds, and I would love it if people would join me in these worlds I create.

January 04, 2013, 07:27:12 PM
Reply #6

Offline BiscuitSlash

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 20, 2010, 12:49:25 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 07:27:12 PM »
I want to go into the game design industry. Pretty sure I'd be good at it and it would be the sort of job I'd enjoy.

I also want to have made at least one full game by myself. I need to overcome the lack of sprites and graphics and maybe not being able to use game maker first though, which is hard.

I also hope to have a family of two. Probably no kids because I can't tolerate them that well for some reason and I'd rather not relive a childhood from someone else's eyes.

January 04, 2013, 09:36:22 PM
Reply #7

Offline Solar Equinox

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 20, 2011, 10:19:47 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 09:36:22 PM »
To get a good job, live in a nice small house and have enough money to do what I want.

January 04, 2013, 10:58:44 PM
Reply #8

Offline LlamaHombre

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 15, 2010, 09:19:04 PM

• View Profile
    • My Famitracker Covers
I think I should just stop aging at 15 and see how things go
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 10:58:44 PM »
Similar to Accel, I hope to go into the storytelling business someday, but I'm not sure whether I'd excel at describing a vibrant world using just my words. At the same time, I'd love to get into game design as I feel I have a general grasp of how to make my ideas successful and entertaining. Perhaps a compromise between the two would suit my tastes best. I unfortunately can't see myself going very far into the future beyond college. My social skills outside of Cutstuff are shit, and I don't think I've proven myself to be dedicated to something yet. I haven't met a girl who'd be willing to spend the rest of her life stuck in a house with me, perhaps even with llamitas, but perhaps I haven't looked far enough yet. Scared to death of motorcycles, can't picture myself in a car.

I'm just going to live the 6 years I have left until that kind of shit pops up sooner than I'd wish.

January 04, 2013, 11:12:01 PM
Reply #9

Offline Red

• Standard Member

• man is the animal
  • Date Registered: March 13, 2011, 02:47:45 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 11:12:01 PM »
...I've never really thought about my hopes and dreams but... I think that I'm just happy with having a successful job...

I don't even know if there's something I actually enjoy doing...

god damn

i'm a boring person.

January 05, 2013, 12:11:23 AM
Reply #10

Offline Gumballtoid

• MM8BDM Extender

• Recipe for Success
  • Date Registered: July 13, 2011, 10:27:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 12:11:23 AM »
I haven't quite decided what I want to do with myself in the future, but I have been doing a lot with drama. I might try to become a technician or something, as thus far it's the only thing I really enjoy that could potentially get me a wage.

Though in the near future I hope to get a part-time job and become immersed in that environment. Things like making friends or meeting a girl are out of my reach, as I'm a dweeb when it comes to being even remotely social, so I can't see that happening. However, I might be able to make a friend or two if I happen to get more involved in community drama or anything that would require active participation and commitment.

I probably want to go to college, and even if I don't, at least get a job that will keep me afloat. As much as I'd like it, a family could come later, after I'm certain I'm capable of self-sufficiency.

January 05, 2013, 12:29:06 AM
Reply #11

Offline Tengu

• Donator

• the frogs are gay
  • Date Registered: May 17, 2011, 12:36:35 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 12:29:06 AM »
My hopes and dreams are not something I take lightly. I am very determined to achieve what I want to do in life, and I really have been trying hard in school to study up on it so when the time comes, I'm top notch and prepared for the job.

I'm sure that I will meet others along the way that may have the same goals at me, and we can help each other out and become friends. I don't know if I'll have time for a love life during all of this, I hardly have time for any of that now.

I am going to need to set aside some money before I begin considering I won't wanna be unprepared for it. Although the healthcare I'm going to need is going to be absolutely free (Thank god for that) I can't afford to spend money on healthcare when the time of need comes.

So I have decided that when I turn 18, I am going to pack my things, leave my house, and head on down to the University downtown. I'll talk to the professor in the science department getting started on the right track, and hopefully he will give me one of his prized Pokemon. It is my dream to defeat the Elite Four, and become a Pokemon Master.

January 05, 2013, 02:57:15 AM
Reply #12

Offline Sora

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: April 22, 2011, 06:23:08 PM

• View Profile
totally serious for a totally serious thread.
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 02:57:15 AM »
I only have one dream:

(click to show/hide)

January 05, 2013, 03:56:20 AM
Reply #13

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 03:56:20 AM »
finish AwNet :ugeek:

January 05, 2013, 04:26:22 AM
Reply #14

Offline Galactan

• Enthusiast

• Excellence in Explosives
  • Date Registered: August 30, 2012, 04:24:46 AM

• View Profile
    • https://vt.tumblr.com/tumblr_nvpvjnhtEK1uzrbyf.mp4#_=_
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 04:26:22 AM »
My goal?  To become a well-known man of science (microbiologist, to be specific).

My dream?  To tear through the quantum foam and find a universe that is perfectly suited for me.  Because multiverse.