Advanced Search

Author Topic: Bass' Skin Place (UPDATE! Boom goes the Dynamite... Düx!)  (Read 62802 times)

October 26, 2018, 05:51:43 PM
Reply #75

Offline bass44

• MM8BDM Extender

• Yeah call us, we'll be drunk!
  • Date Registered: November 23, 2011, 03:40:05 AM

• View Profile
Re: Bass' Skin Place (UPDATE! My Time Slow is unbeatable!)
« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2018, 05:51:43 PM »
I love this skin so damned much. is it compatible with the Class Based Modification?

First off, wow... you're one of the first people to actually reply to my thread that isn't myself.

Second, unfortunately no. I've been meaning to make CBM versions of skins like DataMan for FlashMan and such.
This is definitely a must because CBM is the most popular game mode out there.

October 26, 2018, 09:07:45 PM
Reply #76

Offline Ruzma

• Standard Member

• darkness
  • Date Registered: August 05, 2018, 05:49:10 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2018, 09:07:45 PM »
Yeah, it's really good. Been following it's creation via Discord. I also, for some reason, really like Alucard Bass. there's something about it.

Also, I believe peeps don't reply here often because, they're just looking for skins to quickly download, not to start conversations...Soo, yeah, but you're definitely a talented person. Who knows where all this will take you?

October 27, 2018, 02:21:47 AM
Reply #77

Offline BlitzkriegOmega

• Standard Member

• New, but not exactly fresh
  • Date Registered: October 24, 2018, 10:46:03 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2018, 02:21:47 AM »
First off, wow... you're one of the first people to actually reply to my thread that isn't myself.

Second, unfortunately no. I've been meaning to make CBM versions of skins like DataMan for FlashMan and such.
This is definitely a must because CBM is the most popular game mode out there.
Hell, learning that most of the skins I've downloaded don't work online since basically every server runs CBM bummed me out. if I knew how to sprite or re-assign skins, I would totally rework existing skins to work with certain classes.

like Rokko Chan over Quint and Maestro, pretty much every Bass skin over Bass, and Time Hit over Time Man...maybe even Flash Man.

December 06, 2018, 06:50:19 AM
Reply #78

Offline bass44

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: Bass' Skin Place (UPDATE! Time to make the donuts... again)
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2018, 06:50:19 AM »
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rdl1lok7scaciij/TimeHit_-_CBMC.pk3
https://www.mediafire.com/file/dvo2y28beebp8um/DataMan_-_CBMC.pk3

And I'm back much sooner than I expected, because now thanks to some suggestions on here I have made class compatible versions of DataMan and "Time Hit"

Time took a bit longer because his class uses some "unique" sprites, that also means "Adventures of Bass II Bass" CBM skin needs more sprites too and I plan on doing it later next year.

Now go make those donuts.

December 07, 2018, 05:17:59 PM
Reply #79

Offline Ruzma

• Standard Member

• darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2018, 05:17:59 PM »
Good job, dude, well done!
How exactly did you make them class compatible? I am curious!

December 08, 2018, 07:42:32 AM
Reply #80

Offline bass44

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2018, 07:42:32 AM »
Good job, dude, well done!
How exactly did you make them class compatible? I am curious!

You know how on a skininfo it has "Class=Megaman"? Well, change that to whoever you want it to be compatible with.

Next is to look in Slade to check if they have "special" frames like Bass' dash frames. If this is the case then you will have to add new frames otherwise your skin will turn invisible when doing that special move.

One other thing is that all classes have a frame where they're frozen in FlashMan's Time Stopper. This can be easily filled in by duplicating a hurt frame and renaming it with "]0" as the frame code.

December 08, 2018, 09:47:08 AM
Reply #81

Offline Ruzma

• Standard Member

• darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2018, 09:47:08 AM »
Ok, thanks! I'll keep that in mind.

December 19, 2018, 06:24:13 AM
Reply #82

Offline Ivangel

• Standard Member

• Sup.
  • Date Registered: October 31, 2015, 09:00:52 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2018, 06:24:13 AM »
Looks like Ultra Instinct Knight Man has found a rival, heh.

January 03, 2019, 02:35:43 AM
Reply #83

Offline bass44

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: Bass' Skin Place (UPDATE! A storm's brewing)
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2019, 02:35:43 AM »
What better way to start off this year than to have a new low quality skin huh?

It's another skin from RockMan L, a hack from like 13 years ago and it was kinda revolutionary because it was one of the first to have """"different"""" robot masters even if they were crappy edits of other sprites. This one is a heavily edited version of BubbleMan that was made into an air-based robot which makes sense since Bubble "flies" around in his boss fight.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vr53cbrfcb89kx5

February 01, 2019, 10:29:17 AM
Reply #84

Offline bass44

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: Bass' Skin Place (UPDATE! Bass class compatibility)
« Reply #84 on: February 01, 2019, 10:29:17 AM »
that also means "Adventures of Bass II Bass" CBM skin needs more sprites too and I plan on doing it later next year.

There, told you it would be this year.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/3lziw0xqthhj1l2
I didn't bother making a "Treble Boost Bass" version of this rather ugly Bass sprite because I wanted to sort of give it the laziness feel to it.

Also you'd be pleased to hear that I updated the links so all you have to do is click on the names of the skins to take you straight to the download link, isn't that convenient?
Oh and this time around I proofed every single link and found out that poor old Gizmo (not the cat) had a broken link for like 2 years so I went and fixed it, now everybody can play as the protagonist in Gremlins 2 if they so desire.

April 01, 2019, 07:31:35 AM
Reply #85

Offline bass44

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: Bass' Skin Place (UPDATE! Chaos, chaos...)
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2019, 07:31:35 AM »
https://www.mediafire.com/file/s322kdwr11i9a2w
"Uehee, uehee! Me, participate in a game, game? Finally, now I can have some real fun, fun!"

Instead of making something that would only be laughed at once, I figured that I would release a full skin complete with taunts of everyone's favorite secret character, Jevil.
If you're wondering about class compatibility, I did attempt on making him with Clown. I thought it looked weird seeing the arms come from Jevil's body so I tried to reskin them with the card suit projectiles but they don't work, you would have to make a separate class file in order to replace them.

May 02, 2019, 06:43:47 AM
Reply #86

Offline bass44

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: Bass' Skin Place (UPDATE! That sure is Cossack)
« Reply #86 on: May 02, 2019, 06:43:47 AM »
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ab4uymep7ytzuya/
It's May 1st so that obviously means Dr. Cossack is somehow relevant. I wish they made MegaMan lore where they give info on the human characters' birthdays, it's not even that hard to just set a random date as your characters' b-day but I digress. I guess I'll do the RockBoard version of Wily in the future to conclude the trio of scientists.

Now I gotta go finish something else bye.

August 04, 2019, 06:57:09 AM
Reply #87

Offline bass44

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: Bass' Skin Place (UPDATE! The power of fluffy boys shines within you)
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2019, 06:57:09 AM »
Alright so... this was a long time coming. I'm aware that someone else has made Ralsei as a skin but hear me out.
I'm not saying mine's better, I'm just saying that I took more time into making it along with giving it custom frames for perspectives that the other skin doesn't have.
Plus, it's CBM compatible. With who you may ask? Well it's... Roll. It seemed like the best choice because of the way you can dispense health refills for you or your teammates and that's something Ralsei would most definitely do. Plus it's funny seeing him jet forward with that dash animation. The wall of portraits has seemingly been filled up but that doesn't mean it's my last skin, I just haven't bothered to add a new row.

The pk3 includes both vanilla and class compatibility so now there's no need to download 2 separate files, I don't know why I hadn't thought of this before but there we go.

Download it Here.

August 18, 2019, 05:32:26 AM
Reply #88

Offline AkumajouKiller

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 28, 2018, 05:00:21 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2019, 05:32:26 AM »
Alright so... this was a long time coming. I'm aware that someone else has made Ralsei as a skin but hear me out.
I'm not saying mine's better, I'm just saying that I took more time into making it along with giving it custom frames for perspectives that the other skin doesn't have.
Plus, it's CBM compatible. With who you may ask? Well it's... Roll. It seemed like the best choice because of the way you can dispense health refills for you or your teammates and that's something Ralsei would most definitely do. Plus it's funny seeing him jet forward with that dash animation. The wall of portraits has seemingly been filled up but that doesn't mean it's my last skin, I just haven't bothered to add a new row.

The pk3 includes both vanilla and class compatibility so now there's no need to download 2 separate files, I don't know why I hadn't thought of this before but there we go.

Download it Here.

low key flexed on lol. in all honesty, great job with the skin, glad someone took the time to improve on the ralsei skin idea. rock on my dude.

November 04, 2019, 08:45:42 AM
Reply #89

Offline bass44

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2019, 08:45:42 AM »
Okay just a quick update. If you have "Adventures of Bass II" Bass, DataMan, or Time Hit, redownload those right now. I updated their files so that they include the CBM compatible versions, that way you won't have to download a separate file and can safely delete the "CMBC" files.

Where am I at right now? I've been working on a skin based on a robot from a game some people might recognize. I've been secretly preparing to make a Susie skin with compatibility to King's class in the mean time as well. Also a Star Ocean character may be on the horizon, we'll see if I'm motivated enough to do it.