Advanced Search

Author Topic: Little something I noticed during the MM1-6 Boss Rush  (Read 1236 times)

August 05, 2016, 05:03:07 PM
Read 1236 times

Offline Awbawlisk

• Warrior

• I can now see the rest of my medals again.
  • Date Registered: January 04, 2011, 02:18:59 AM

• View Profile
Little something I noticed during the MM1-6 Boss Rush
« on: August 05, 2016, 05:03:07 PM »
When I happened to die like anywhere after reaching the MM3 portion of the Robot Masters and onward, I noticed that the game does not return Quick Boomerang back to the player.

For example, I had got wrecked by Diveman due to the usual D. Missile spam on a near wide open area, and I was just too shit at the game to aim properly so I paid the price. Next thing I know, I try to use one of my weapon binds to switch off to Quickman's weapon and... Oh my, it isn't there. Why is that?

I guarantee though that Quickman DOES spawn in the bots rotation and he DOES give his weapon whenever he gets killed. It's just when you end up dying after beating MM1-2 Robot Masters and respawning to the next checkpoint and onwards, Quick Boomerang seems to be absent from the list of weapons returned to the player.

If I'm just insane and this ends up being absolutely NOT the case, then please delete this topic. If anyone already did find the bug and its already put in pending then... Delete this topic and then I'll go contemplate my failure in re-reading the Pending/Closed forums.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

TL;DR Quick Boomerang does not get returned to the player after they die anywhere after MM1-2's series of RMs have been destroyed.

August 05, 2016, 06:24:58 PM
Reply #1

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
Re: Little something I noticed during the MM1-6 Boss Rush
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 06:24:58 PM »
Fixed for v5b

August 07, 2016, 03:29:41 PM
Reply #2

Offline NES Boy

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: May 19, 2014, 04:59:05 PM

• View Profile
Re: Little something I noticed during the MM1-6 Boss Rush
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2016, 03:29:41 PM »
On a similar note, I notice that at the MM2 checkpoint, the game doesn't return Time Slow to you when you respawn, yet it does in subsequent checkpoints.