Advanced Search

Author Topic: Toughest Robot Master in Each Game?  (Read 49144 times)

April 09, 2011, 01:55:08 AM
Reply #60

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• Still Around, But Only Kind Of
  • Date Registered: November 21, 2010, 08:21:24 PM

• View Profile
Re: Toughest Robot Master in Each Game?
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2011, 01:55:08 AM »
Quote from: "easyaspi"
Bright Man and Ring Man aren't hard. For Bright you just charge shot him at 15, 19, and 23 to dodge the Flash Stopper...

He's even easier if you shoot him with one buster bullet--just one, charged or uncharged--and spam Rain Flush.  That one shot will throw off his entire algorithm, allowing you to kill him with ease.

April 24, 2011, 05:24:11 PM
Reply #61

Offline WheelieCarbonate

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: February 04, 2011, 07:51:33 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2011, 05:24:11 PM »
I was doing EASIEST there.I already did hardest...

April 24, 2011, 05:29:39 PM
Reply #62

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 08:10:13 PM

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2011, 05:29:39 PM »
Alrighty

Hardest
Mega Man : Ice Man. Yeah, quit laughing. I always jump too soon and hit the middle slasher, then panic and die.

Mega Man 2 : Wood Man. I can't get the timing right for dodging the leaf shield and the falling leaves at the same time. Most of MM2 was easy though, so don't think I find this guy super hard, he's just the hardest by comparison.

Mega Man 3 : Shadow Man. With his weakness you always get hit, without it you always get hit.

Mega Man 4 : Too god damn easy... still my favourite in the series though!

Mega Man 5 : Uhm... Wave Man? I find his water waves unpredictable and annoying.

Mega Man 6 : Tomahawk Man. Most of it was easy, but taking this guy on with a shield when he's constantly "feathering" you...

Mega Man 7 : Cloud Man. NO IT'S NOT SLASH MAN, OMGNOWAI.

Mega Man 8 : Uhm... Clown Man? Only because I've played that game ONCE and he was the only one I beat without the weakness.

Mega Man 9 : Oddly enough, Magma Man. I just suck.

Mega Man 10 : Commando Man, because I fail it with timing.

Easiest
Mega Man : Cut Man. Hurr, recoil in MM1.

Mega Man 2 : Probably Air Man, you can just stand behind him and spam fire with the Leaf Shield, too easy.

Mega Man 3 : Top Man. Fire fire fire JUMP fire fire fire JUMP repeat.

Mega Man 4 : THEY WERE ALL THE EASIEST.

Mega Man 5 : Does Dark Man count?

Mega Man 6 : Probably Wind Man. He's weak to Centaur Flash, right?

Mega Man 7 : Junk Man, his pattern is just easy.

Mega Man 8 : Uhm... I don't remember... Maybe Aqua Man? You just spam Astro Crush IIRC.

Mega Man 9 : Splash Woman

Mega Man 10 : Nitro Man because of how many times you can hit him with the Chill Spike in one passing

April 24, 2011, 05:32:52 PM
Reply #63

Offline Nuy

• Warrior
  • Date Registered: March 27, 2011, 10:25:22 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/NuThetta
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2011, 05:32:52 PM »
I'm 98% sure this topic is supposed to be robot masters WITHOUT using their weakness.

April 24, 2011, 05:41:03 PM
Reply #64

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 08:10:13 PM

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2011, 05:41:03 PM »
Even the creator of the topic talks about weaknesses!

February 14, 2013, 05:53:10 AM
Reply #65

Offline ToxicMan

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: February 14, 2013, 05:41:49 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2013, 05:53:10 AM »
Sorry for necroposting, but I wanted to state my opinion on this.

Mega Man 1: Guts Man
Yep, you heard right. Guts Man's stage can already take some health out of you, and when you reach him, he can be difficult. The jumping can be awkward if you don't time it right. And he can CORNER YOU!
Mega Man 2: Quick Man
SPAZZ. 'Nuff said.
Mega Man 3: Needle Man
With the Gemini Laser, this guy's a cakewalk, but NOT with the buster. He also likes to corner you, and then fire his Needle Cannon. He's also quite random.
Mega Man 4: Bright Man AND Pharaoh Man
Bright Man... oh, god... I found out a way to beat him without him using his Flash Stopper, but he is STILL annoying, especially on the Game Boy games.
As for Pharaoh Man, he can sometimes corner you and barrage you with fireballs.
Mega Man 5: Wave Man
The jet ski segment was annoying already, and when you reach this guy, it'll be unlikely that you'll be at full health. His Water Wave can be very unpredictable.
Mega Man 6: Centaur Man
Oh, man. He can freeze you, fire an awkward split shot, and charge you.
Mega Man 7: Slash Man, Hands Down
Randomized, throws tar eggs that stun you, and can dive bomb you. He's probably the hardest of the ones I'm listing.
Mega Man 8: Aqua Man
He has an undodgeable move, which is enough. His giant water geyser attack can be annoying too. Water Balloon is easy to dodge.
Mega Man 9: Tornado Man
Ugh, this guy was hard. But awesome. His Tornado Blow can get confusing because of the spiked ceiling.
Mega Man 10: Commando Man
He's Guts Man's clone, armed with bombs. He is the MASTER of cornering and can freeze you by jumping.
Mega Man V: Pluto
He's a spazz. But a nice kitty.
Mega Man And Bass: Burner Man
This guy not only throws out bear traps, but can spam the Wave Burner to push you into the spikes. It's easier with Bass. EVERYTHING's easier with Bass.

February 14, 2013, 08:14:55 PM
Reply #66

Offline Gumballtoid

• MM8BDM Extender

• Recipe for Success
  • Date Registered: July 13, 2011, 10:27:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2013, 08:14:55 PM »
Mega Man: I'd have to say Elec Man simply because of his spastic movement and the damage his attacks do.
Mega Man Powered Up: Gotta be Cut Man. I have a lot of trouble dodging his regular cutter. His pinch attack also eliminates the precious Super Arm blocks.
Mega Man 2: Bubble Man. I have difficulty with his stage, and his attacks are awkward to dodge. Jump too high and you hit the spikes.
Mega Man 3: Needle Man. I always play his stage first. His fight is pretty hard, but it's also damn fun.
Mega Man 4: Dive Man, since he's a lot faster than he looks and it's pretty hard to hit him with the Skull Barrier.
Mega Man 5: Gyro Man. Disappearing in the clouds half the time. I always end up standing under him when he lands.
Mega Man 6: Probably Plant Man, with that huge fucking hitbox on the Plant Barrier.
Mega Man 7: Freeze Man. I try to dodge his attacks but I always get frozen and then get hit with the Freeze Cracker.
Mega Man 8: Definitely Search Man. Too spastic, and he just spams the shit out of his missiles.
Mega Man 9: FUCKING MAGMA MAN HORNET MAN. THERE IS NO DODGING HIS ATTACKS WITHOUT USING THE GODDAMN TORNADO BLOW MAGMA BAZOOKA.
Mega Man 10: Sheep Man. He always fires electricity when I'm not prepared for it, and by the time I recover he's in the goddamn clouds again.

December 29, 2013, 04:54:30 AM
Reply #67

Offline Megaman94

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 08, 2013, 08:49:51 PM

• View Profile
    • http://sonicfansunited.forumotion.com/
« Reply #67 on: December 29, 2013, 04:54:30 AM »
MM1: Elec Man (Three hits from Thunder beam and you are dead)
MM2: Air Man... Just kidding XD For me it is Metal man because you fight him on a conveyor belt
MM3: Shadow Man (If top spin is gone, the other weapons do little damage to him)
MM4: Dive Man (I hate the Dive Missiles and when he speeds across the screen)
MM5: Gravity Man (When he keeps reversing gravity, it is hard to hit him)
MM6: Flame Man (His Flame pillars block the mega buster shots)
MM7: Freeze Man (He can freeze your feet to the floor, or freeze you entirely! )
MM8: Tengu Man (He spends too much time in the air)
MM&B: Dynamo Man (he can refill his health)
MM9: Tornado Man (Death Spikes in the boss' room)
MM10: Blade Man (he is fast)

December 29, 2013, 06:53:51 AM
Reply #68

Offline Kapus

• MM8BDM Extender

• Master of Hiccup
  • Date Registered: November 22, 2010, 06:40:07 AM

• View Profile
    • My art
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2013, 06:53:51 AM »
Oh, this again. My opinions have definitely changed since 2011.

MM1 - Fire Man. Supposedly there's a trick to the way he fires at you, but I can never figure it out and I always end up panicking.
MM2 - Wood Man. Leaf Shield is nearly impossible to dodge.
MM3 - Shadow Man's a spaz.
MM4 - Ring Man. Timing the Rings can be challenging.
MM5 - Charge Man.
MM6 - Tomahawk Man.
MM7 - Freeze Man. He's doing too many things at once.
MM8 - Can't remember.
MM9 - Plug Man's a nightmare.
MM10 - Solar Man.
MM&B - Dynamo Man is unfair.

December 29, 2013, 12:04:40 PM
Reply #69

Offline Oliver

• Standard Member

• I'm only used to M.U.G.E.N.
  • Date Registered: June 07, 2013, 04:13:52 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2013, 12:04:40 PM »
My turn.

MM1 - Bombman. Annoying Bombs...
MM2 - None. For me, they're all easy to defeat.
MM3 - Topman. Because i don't even really slide in battle.
MM4 - All.
MM5 - Chargeman. Too fast, can't Dodge fastly.
MM6 - Knightman. Annoying Knight Shield...
MM7 - All expect Burstman. I can't defeat all 7 robot masters...

December 29, 2013, 07:15:30 PM
Reply #70

Offline Kage

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: June 11, 2011, 04:45:35 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/kagegamer12
« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2013, 07:15:30 PM »
MM1 - Fire Man or Elec Man.
MMPU - Elec Man.
MM2 - Quick Man.
MM3 - Snake Man. His tail always manages to whip me when I try to dodge his attacks.
MM4 - Ring Man. I swear, his rings are insane to dodge when cornered.
MM5 - Charge Man.
MM6 - Tomahawk Man.
MM7 - Turbo Man.
MM8 - They were all kind of easy. I guess probably Sword Man.
MM9 - Hornet Man.
MM10 - Probably Solar Man. Maybe Nitro Man too on harder difficulties.
MM10Killers - Definitely Enker.
MM&B - Dynamo Man. With a game that has no E-tanks, this is probably the most unfairest robot master fight there is.

Special Notes
SFxMM - Vegas.
Mega Man Unlimited - Glue Man.
Rokko Chan - Volcano Man.
Mega Man Christmas Carol - Ghost of Christmas Future.
Mega Man Christmas Carol 2 - Scrooge.
Wily Wars - Buster Rod G.

December 30, 2013, 12:47:16 AM
Reply #71

Offline Geno

• MM8BDM Extender

• ❤ ❤ ❤
  • Date Registered: March 31, 2012, 10:07:28 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2013, 12:47:16 AM »
Hmmmm. Form what I can remember from each game that I've beaten all Robot Masters in...

MM1: Guts Man. Aiming those stupid Hyper Bombs, combined with earthquakes and giant boulders flying at your face, does not make for a fun time. At least it took about 3 or 4 hits to defeat Guts MAn with it.
MM2: None
MM3: Shadow Man. Mainly because Top Spin would randomly do NO DAMAGE, or just drain all of it's energy in a single use.
MM4: None
MM5: Charge Man. When I first played the game, I picked Charge Man first. Big mistake. Although he is still pretty tough, even WITH his weakness.
MM6: Knight Man. Although once you get Yamato Spear, he's easy, but I chose to defeat him first, and aiming at his back is rather hard.
MM7: Shade Man. Flies for most of the battle, only comes down to grab you, or petrify you. And Wild Coil is really hard to hit him with.
MM8: Search Man. Really only because if you choose the wrong leaf pile to BURN TO THE GROUND, he blasts you with a "tsunami of Homing Snipers". And his Deadly Storm attack ain't that nice either.
MM9: Concrete Man. He's really big, and freezes you with his Concrete Shots. And it doesn't help that you take MASSIVE damage from touching him.
MM10: Blade Man. JUMP! JUMP! WALL JUMP! WALL JUMP! THROW KNIVES! THROW KNIVES! The only boss in this game that's hard to beat when playing as Bass.
MM&B: All of them. It'd take me about 2 weeks to get through each stage. One week for the stage itself, one week for the boss fight at the end.
MM:DWR: All of the MM1 bosses. Take the boss fights from the NES MM1, put them in a tiny room only half the size of the original, and DON'T make Thunder Beam or Fire Storm smaller. Making Cut Man jump really low wasn't a nice thing either. (To survive Cut Man jumping over you, you'd practically have to memorize the spots where he'd jump)
MMII (GB): Air Man. With the same amount of tornadoes as the NES MM2, that makes the screen very cramped and difficult to beat Air Man without taking damage.
MMIII (GB): Gemini Man. 2 Gemini Mans on a small screen. Yeah.
MMWW (Wily Tower): Buster Rod G. I find it really hard to avoid that damn Monkey King Rod of his, and those clones he makes aren't easy to dodge either.

Rokko Chan: Jet Man. Combine the homing missiles of Search Man, with the flying of Shade Man, and throw in a bit of Quick Man speed, and you get annoying boss fight # 573
MMSG: Sugarman. the sugarman ran away.

Any ones I have not listed on here, are because I A). Cannot beat any stages in them (MMPC, and MMU), B). Can't remember the boss fights clear enough (the arcade games, and Christmas Carol 1), C). Never played them (last two GB games are prime examples of this), or D). I have them, but I either haven't played them yet (hello there Rockmen R), or I CAN'T play them, due to computer incompatabilities (Christmas Carol 2), or DOSBox is refusing to play the game in question (MM3PC).

Or they just don't have any Robot Masters (MMSG2).

December 30, 2013, 02:53:41 AM
Reply #72

Offline Megaman94

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 08, 2013, 08:49:51 PM

• View Profile
    • http://sonicfansunited.forumotion.com/
« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2013, 02:53:41 AM »
Quote from: "Oliver"
MM3 - Topman. Because i don't even really slide in battle.
I am not even going to say anything......

Quote from: "Oliver"
MM6 - Knightman. Annoying Knight Shield...
Yamato Sphere can go through his shield.

December 30, 2013, 03:47:26 AM
Reply #73

Knux

« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2013, 03:47:26 AM »
I'm gonna make this list based on buster only situations:

MM1: Cut Man - jumping and throwing Rolling Cutter at random is really annoying.
MM2: Quick Man - same as Cut Man, but faster.
MM3: None, I can buster them all with relatively no problems. Shadow and Needle tend be tricky sometimes, though.
MM4: Pharaoh Man, for sure. Can't really beat him without Flash Stopper yet.
MM5: ...I don't remember using the buster for anything other than Charge Man, so I guess Stone Man would be tough with buster only.
MM6: Tomahawk Man, even with his weakness! How ironic.
MM7: Turbo Man and his annoying fire damage attacks. I go for him first when using the 8 RM start code, though.
MM8: Search Man. So much Search Man.
MM&B: Fucking Dynamo Man.
MMGB1: Elec Man, because his pattern is unpredictable and there's no boxes to stay on top of unlike the NES battle.

Haven't played 9, 10 or the GB games from 2 through 5.

December 30, 2013, 11:02:11 PM
Reply #74

Offline Ghoulitine

• Athlete
  • Date Registered: December 30, 2013, 10:23:26 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 30, 2013, 11:02:11 PM »
(Almost) every robot master is easy with their weakness-weapon, so i think its best to list those who i think are the hardest with the buster only, so please keep that in mind.

Mega Man 1: Elec Man
Three hits and you die. Sometimes its better to run into him to take less damage (!)

Mega Man 2: Quick Man
He doesnt follow that much of a pattern, i feel like he does what he wants, not like for example Airman or Woodman.

Mega Man 3: Shadow Man
The infamous Ninja robot, Shadow Man, is hard to dodge, and you often have to guess when he slides. At least it feels like that.
Besides that, i think every Docrobot form is pretty hard.

Mega Man 4: Hard decision, but the winner is Pharaoh Man
Even tough his fight may be not that hard, i still think he is the hardest out of the Mega Man 4 robot masters.

Mega Man 5: The bosses of MM5 arent very hard, so i think the hardest one is probably Napalm Man.
Sometimes a pain when he corners you.

Mega Man 6: Yamato Man
Not much to say here, i think he is pretty tough.

Mega Man 7: Freeze Man (who would have guessed?)
An intense and hard battle. No matter where he shots, his attack, the freeze cracker, is always annoying, no matter, what he hits with it.

Mega Man 8: Search Man
Yeah, he is not hard in the way of "killing you with few shots", he just takes long, which sometimes makes you almost fall asleep, but then you get shot from any direction, sometimes even pretty fast.

Mega Man 9: Plug Man
I can perfect any MM9 boss, except Plug Man!
High damage, annoying pattern and the room you fight him is more of a pain than Quick Mans!

Mega Man 10: Nitro Man
I dont like to fight this guy...

Mega Man & Bass: Dynamo Man
Same as Search Man, but much more dangerous and takes even longer!