Advanced Search

Author Topic: [Classes]Mega Man Unlimited Classes v1a  (Read 36830 times)

August 09, 2013, 12:41:18 AM
Read 36830 times

Offline Gummywormz

• Standard Member

• Air Man Tile Enthusiast
  • Date Registered: December 23, 2010, 01:05:44 AM

• View Profile
    • Github Page
[Classes]Mega Man Unlimited Classes v1a
« on: August 09, 2013, 12:41:18 AM »
Download

This classes mod features the robot masters of Mega Man Unlimited, and some bonus classes. Bots with custom chats are also included (but may be buggy).

NOTE: Please do not play on maps with low gravity water such as Ice Man's stage. Stages like dive man that are always underwater should be fine. This should be fixed in v3b of MM8BDM.

Classes Included:
(click to show/hide)

Credits:
(click to show/hide)

August 09, 2013, 12:45:03 AM
Reply #1

Offline -FiniteZero-

• Standard Member

• I'm somwhere.
  • Date Registered: March 06, 2011, 04:34:30 PM

• View Profile
    • http://s4.zetaboards.com/Mega_Storm/index/
Re: [Classes]Mega Man Unlimited Classes v1a
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2013, 12:45:03 AM »
Yay! I was hoping for something like this. Awesome!

...Perhaps down the line, there will be a compatibility patch with YD's classes.

August 09, 2013, 01:19:37 AM
Reply #2

Offline ZeStopper

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 15, 2013, 04:06:13 AM

• View Profile
    • http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 01:19:37 AM »
Do these work with Regular RM Classes like Add-On Classes?
Also, are more skins from MMU included?

August 09, 2013, 01:38:41 AM
Reply #3

Offline LlamaHombre

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 15, 2010, 09:19:04 PM

• View Profile
    • My Famitracker Covers
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 01:38:41 AM »
I'm going to assume these are basically finished because there's no mention of betas or anything.

Sounds pretty cool, I'll give it a shot.

August 09, 2013, 01:43:28 AM
Reply #4

Offline -FiniteZero-

• Standard Member

• I'm somwhere.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 01:43:28 AM »
Okay, so I tried out a little bit.

It's a good start. A base for what is to come.

August 09, 2013, 01:49:00 AM
Reply #5

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2013, 01:49:00 AM »
needs rotations for some things, I guess? But a good start.

August 09, 2013, 02:01:40 AM
Reply #6

Offline Ceridran

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: April 07, 2012, 01:08:52 AM

• View Profile
    • http://ceridran.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2013, 02:01:40 AM »
There exists a skin for Tankman. Glueman is a mostly inferior Oilman. Nailman is well I don't actually know. Comet Woman's sort of fine. Yokuman is blander than plain yogurt. Trinitroman is probably okay. Jetman has an insane flight ability. Rainbowman's altfire attack's beam is offset and you can't do anything at all while it's up, and damage seems to be nonexistant for the mainfire. Yoyoman hardly does any damage at all, Hammerman is slow as molasses with terrible hitboxes, what is Shampoo and Mystery Robot even.

I mostly disliked it in general, even though this is just the first version.

August 09, 2013, 04:53:20 AM
Reply #7

Offline ZeStopper

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 15, 2013, 04:06:13 AM

• View Profile
    • http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2013, 04:53:20 AM »
Bond Man should be an alt for Glue, but whatever.
I only tested Jet Man and I like how he can fly but not for long.

August 09, 2013, 06:07:24 AM
Reply #8

Offline Isaac940

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 09, 2010, 07:13:26 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 06:07:24 AM »
If I'm missing something tell me, but my first impressions for the classes are as follows:

Overall it seems like these have potential, they just need a lot of adjusting and polishing. The major problem that is shared between classes is the lack of attack rotations, which in some cases just looks weird or can be a major pain in others. As for the individual classes themselves:

Glue: It seems like he really should get some sort of ramming attack like he had in the game, as currently it seems like the only thing he has going for him is the ability to get his opponent stuck in glue hell, where blocks form around them so they can't move but you can still shoot their feet or some other part of them. Otherwise he seems to get outclassed by most of the others.

Tank: Seems fine for now, I'd focus on other classes at the moment. The only thing that comes to mind is that it is kinda hard to get away from one dashing sometimes, but I think I can chalk that up to inexperience with the classes currently in most cases.

Jet: His main fire seems kind of odd, the missile uncharged appears to fall to the floor them travel straight over gaps, while the charge apparently can home, but I don't know if it's not working well, I'm not charging enough, or I'm just unlucky as I have a hard time getting the missiles to actually lock on to targets. His flight is really fast, so while it is good for escapes, it makes using the bombing run really hard. If its possible, maybe put in a way to adjust the speed?

Yoku: I see the potential for major stalling in LMS matches due to cloak and speed. Otherwise nothing really comes to mind for him. It seems that if he tries to run up and plant a spike underneath you, you can simply keep moving and escape without much harm. And obviously don't try and rush one that still has spikes.

YoYo: He seems hard to use but I think the idea is to get an opponent in the sweet spot where the mainfire will sit on top of them and do a ton of damage. Not really sure if he needs adjusting at the moment.

Comet: The only thing about her that I find odd is the dash mechanics. The damaging part of the dash appears to be ripping projectiles fired where she is looking. This can lead to silly situations like basically performing a drive-by with her dash, or slamming into the wall next to an opponent, turning, and letting the projectiles hit the opponent. Maybe switch it to a series of explosions centered on the user if it merits changing. Also, the upward (and downward?) shock waves don't seem to hit much at all due to the fact that being either directly above or below your target is a very rare occurrence in 8BDM. Maybe pull a thunder beam and have them go to the sides instead?

Rainbow: In desperate need of rotations for the arrow spray thing (sorry I don't know the technical name for it). With proper rotations you can at least tell which direction you need to go in to go around it, currently its a crapshoot and guessing wrong will result in severe injury or death. I think damage can be looked at once the rotations are in play so you know how to go around. The other thing is to maybe switch the arrow spray activation to an item or something so you can still fire beams after launching an arrow.

Trinitro: Seems strong, but nothing else really comes to mind. Maybe take a look at him after other issues are dealt with if need be.

Nail: Nail seems extremely odd and kind of bad currently. His mainfire only leaves nails on the ground if you hit a wall. Hitting the ground makes them disappear upon formation. Also, his shield seems rather odd. Apparently it's supposed to give armor, but the only thing you can do with it is do that head attack, since using mainfire afterwards doesn't do anything but cancel it and it doesn't hug. Speaking of the head attack, it appears you can get stuck until you die or spectate if you hit certain things with the head attack like level boundaries where projectile simply disappear. IIRC he had an attack where he sent the nail shield at you similar to blizzard attack, so maybe make that happen if you hit mainfire after activation the shield.

Hammer: His slowness really cripples him. His attacks seem to do quite a bit of damage but he can hardly dodge at all. Also, is his shockwave supposed to be a floorhugger? Currently it appears to just sort of float on air if the elevation drops underneath it rather than follow the ground.

Shampoo: Dumpling bombs seem to be quite powerful, the stun has its uses, but the only use I found for the spade was if I was out of ammo, as the dumplings seemed to perform better in every situation compared to the spade.

MC: Kind of awkward to use. The best way to travel is to hold down mainfire, as it appears to go faster than standard walking does with him. I'm not sure if it was just luck on my part or what but I found the dash punch to be much better than the shoruken. There was also an odd bug that only happened once where one player got around 800 health involving the block somehow. Finally, he could really use some actual hud sprites rather than these placeholders, maybe ask Mess or Gizmo if you can borrow and modify some hud sprites from their classes or something (Mess has a shoruken also, IIRC Gizmo had blocking sprites for his class in CSCC and maybe might have an uppercut sprite in his Teaparty class)

As a final note, what exact speed and armor values do the classes use?

August 09, 2013, 01:24:03 PM
Reply #9

Offline beta

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 21, 2013, 07:14:28 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2013, 01:24:03 PM »
Who knows man. Who knows.

August 09, 2013, 01:46:45 PM
Reply #10

Offline -FiniteZero-

• Standard Member

• I'm somwhere.

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2013, 01:46:45 PM »
I think Trinitro Man's alt should be some sort of hovering ability, given that I don't remember him using bombs in the game.

August 09, 2013, 01:52:31 PM
Reply #11

Offline -Daiki-TheOni

• Standard Member

• Honor, love and justice... thats what i need.
  • Date Registered: December 04, 2011, 08:25:43 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2013, 01:52:31 PM »
HEY GUMMYWORMZ!!!

just something... If this gets better I propose to change Cometwoman copy weapon.

When you use the weapon on mid air you shouldnt fall, I mean, in the MMU game if you use that weapon on mid air you go straight fordward without changing the heig (without falling until the end of the attack)... Just that.... of course, this is like an alpha no? well is a good start...In my opinion...

August 09, 2013, 02:15:37 PM
Reply #12

Offline xColdxFusionx

• MM8BDM MM&B Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 02, 2011, 01:07:17 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2013, 02:15:37 PM »
...I wanted to like this.
I wanted to like this so very, very much.

Glue Man: It's way too easy to get stuck in the glue blocks. Even if they didn't hit you in the first place. ...You also get stuck for way too long if whatever god is responsible for the glue balls actually freezing you has a bad day. Overall, Glue Man needs consistency and a bit less reliance on his absolutely ludicrous and random stunlock. Also an altfire ram of some sort would fit in nicely with the

Tank Man: ...Not bad over all. One of the few classes that I can honestly say feels solid and complete.

Jet Man: Jet Missile is the most inconsistent son of a biscuit I've ever used. I don't know how exactly the homing logic is supposed to work, but it doesn't. At all. If you want to fit with the weapon a bit better, I'd suggest using something like Tsuki's old Spirit Harvest: Takes a split second to find the nearest target and fires a super-fast projectile at them. Not pure homing, but a fast, auto-aimed projectile that might as well be.

Yo-Yo Man: My only complaint is that the altfire doesn't really make sense. Then again, I'm that one guy who had insane amounts of trouble with MMU, so I never got a chance to fight the toy-throwing bastard. But yeah, a little less cutter, a little more Yo-Yo.

Comet Woman: If all the classes were of this level of polish, I would have no issues with this mod. My only request is that the Comet Orbiters actually move in on you after they finish spinning.
Oh, and that Megaman's Comet Dash wasn't affected by gravity and didn't look like utter balls.

Rainbow Man: Rainbow Prism looks ugly. Like, REALLY ugly. Even if you just turned it into a bunch of expanding circles that constantly fly out of the prism, I'd be fine with it. But as it is, it's inexcusably bad-looking. That combined with the fact that he's no fun to play as or against because Rainbow Prism eats entire corridors and locks your weapon controls is just... eurgh. No. You don't do this to people.

Trinitro Man: Replace the fireworks with his Nitro Jets. The fireworks have no purpose being there except for being an unnecessary nod to the ending. ...Either that or you could give him a Wood/Skull Counter that would allow him to make things around him explode if he takes a hit (no invulnerability; just explosions) as a nod to the self-destruct sequence. (Do NOT give him an actual self-destruct. That would be bad.) In that case, I would still like to see the jets as... maybe some sort of "double-jump" sort of ability? Your call on that part.

Nail Man: ...So let me get this straight: The nail projectiles were too hard to make rotations for despite being literally just a spike on a plate, and you couldn't code them properly, even with something like Flame Blast in the core? Nail Shield does absolutely nothing offensively, despite being made of sharp nails? You can't even spread-fire it afterwards like the MMU version? And you can throw your body, but it's a normal projectile instead of a Blizzard Bowl-style ram attack? ...I'm done trying to make sense of this class. Moving on.

Yoku Man: Why are you so needlessly awkward to use? Unnecessary item-juggling, a "cloak" that's more of a counter that's even more incredibly awkward to use than Skullman's, and a bland mainfire that doesn't do much of anything on its own? ...I'm just going to leave now before I lose my sanity entirely.
Also, Yoku Attack is all kinds of stupidly broken.

Hammer Man: He should not have been released in this state. No rotations for anything. Placeholder Skin fits only marginally. Everything looks awkward and ugly. Axe him until he's completed. At absolute least.

Shampoo: ...And WHY ON EARTH IS SHE HERE?! I'm sorry, no amount of waifuism on MegaPhilX's part justifies her existence here. Not to mention her attack sprites look ugly and uninspired. Take her out. Please.

Mysterious Character: It took me an entire minute to realize who this was. And I already spoiled the ending for myself. There's absolutely no justification for his presence in this mod, either. Just remove him.

Final Verdict: ...Considering the other mods you've made, I feel like you're trying to troll us with this. Some of the classes are actually somewhat well-made, but the quality bar is so far "all over the place" that it almost feels like you started, then just stopped giving a damn somewhere in the middle and rushed it out.

August 09, 2013, 02:53:42 PM
Reply #13

Offline Ceridran

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: April 07, 2012, 01:08:52 AM

• View Profile
    • http://ceridran.tumblr.com/
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2013, 02:53:42 PM »
Remove Shampoo and Mystery Dope, fix Hammerman's hitboxes, rotations, and speed.

Make Yokuman actually use his main things in his moveset and not just in a finite item.

I never fought Trinitroman, but I doubt he'd have that altfire.

Yoyoman does no damage, ever.

Fix Jet Missle's hitbox and homing, and why can't it explode on ground?

Glueman gets stuck in his own glue and is boring + annoying.

Rainbowman's rainbow prism, as Cold said, is ugly. The primary doesn't even do damage, and ew, hitboxes.

Cometwoman's Comet Orbiter's orbiting shouldn't be for decoration purpose only.

--

Jet Missle can't be aimed.

August 09, 2013, 03:29:45 PM
Reply #14

Offline FTX6004

• MM8BDM Extender

• aaaaaaB
  • Date Registered: August 07, 2012, 05:12:49 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2013, 03:29:45 PM »
Im gonna post this anyway.

Glueman: Nice but is like Oilman class so just boring you could just add a like a slider on his alt.

Tankman: Not bad at all but the skin thats not mine looks creepy anyway and i already know Tankman skin is coming back in V1b so just ignore this.

Jetman: Looks great but you must be a long time to  get full ammo so changes it plus make him fly a Little more longer.

Cometwoman: Not bad at all not bad at all it's perfect.

Rainbowman: Is good but the alt like rainbowlaser is a problem needs to have betterand the sprite needs more 3d on it maybe i can help with that?

Trinitroman: It's perfect too but replace the alt with nitro jet like coldfusion said.

Yokuman: Also perfect but he should have more weps like the yoku block should be a wep instead of a item, the item should be his fake Death.

Nailman: Perfect but his head attack should be removed and replace it with throw the shield away.

Hammerman: Looks weird when he use Gutsman skin his skin should be like Frostman or Hardman instead.

Shampoo: Remove her just like everyone says!

Mysterious Character: His skin should be Zero by ice instead and need better HUD.

After all this is a great class mod but sorry for my English.