Advanced Search

Author Topic: Megaman Legacy Collectin, collection game coming for summer!  (Read 23778 times)

June 09, 2015, 08:54:34 AM
Reply #15

Offline leoalex50

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 29, 2012, 02:13:25 AM

• View Profile
Re: A "new" Megaman game is coming.....
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2015, 08:54:34 AM »
Looks like you guys are already talking about this,  well at least we get a megaman game again I just hope capcom takes their fan loving foot down and give us all the canned megaman games back as well as sf4 if possible

June 09, 2015, 12:44:36 PM
Reply #16

Offline Jdude330

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 22, 2013, 12:57:40 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2015, 12:44:36 PM »
i'm still gonna get it, but the only way I can see the general public getting it is if you could play as the Robot Masters, or something new. so far this just seems like NES REMIX 3rd party, but who knows.

June 09, 2015, 04:47:24 PM
Reply #17

Offline CDRom11_2007

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 07, 2013, 06:58:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2015, 04:47:24 PM »
OMG, I think I finally see what Capcom is trying to do. They're trying to bring back Megaman. Think about it, none of the new generation of gamers know about Megaman but then Smash 4 happened. Now, there are a lot of people wondering who this 'Blue Bomber' is. Megaman now has the most attention he has had since the original Megaman X days. Normally, I would just think "Since Megaman now has so much attention, rerelease all the old games in order to make a profit on this new audience and end it there" but then I read this article

Guys, they're trying to bring Megaman back!. I still have mixed feelings now that Inafune is gone, so I don't really know what to think about this. I guess this game is a way to really get a proper scope on how much people are interested in Megaman now, but the last time Capcom had a "Vote with Your Wallet" situation like this, it ending is pure sadness for Megaman fans (I still wish you were a thing, Megaman Legends 3...).

In the end, it's really up to you whether you get this game or not, but I think if enough people get it, we might get a new Megaman game in the distant horizon. Sadly, I won't be able to get it simply because I don't own any of the consoles it releases on, so yea.

June 09, 2015, 08:34:53 PM
Reply #18

Offline MusashiAA

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Byeah
  • Date Registered: February 16, 2010, 04:44:54 AM

• View Profile
    • My Covers on YouTube
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2015, 08:34:53 PM »
Quote from: "CDRom11_2007"
I think if enough people get it, we might get a new Megaman game in the distant horizon.

I've seen this argument...

so
many
times

and every single time this is argued, it's never such case.

June 09, 2015, 11:13:29 PM
Reply #19

Knux

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2015, 11:13:29 PM »
I'd like to think at this point that Capcom is using this as a wallet trap, just as Musashi already stated earlier. I wish Nintendo bought the rights to Megaman, both so that they start making games other than Super Sellout Brothers and that we can have some actual new Megaman games. Heck, with the Wii U and 3DS sales almost hitting rock bottom were it not for Smash, you'd think it's about time they started getting smart beyond huge ass controllers with screens.

June 10, 2015, 04:43:31 AM
Reply #20

Offline Hunter Frags

• MM8BDM Extender

• Date Registered: December 21, 2013, 10:45:35 PM

• View Profile
    • Low Quality Escapades (YT Channel)
A franchise that's went on since '87 and you still bitch?
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2015, 04:43:31 AM »
Quote from: "ChaosUnlimited"
You can complain about wanting a new game of any series, but that doesn't mean it hasn't had a lot of games already, so shut up about it, okay? Or don't, because the best you may get one day or another would be a *gasp* reboot!
Whether the case applies here or not, I'd suggest cutting out the whiny children act and either move on with your lives or spend your "waiting-for-actual-new-game-news" time on something that doesn't make you look immature.

June 11, 2015, 01:45:37 AM
Reply #21

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2015, 01:45:37 AM »
Not sure How it will be but when i see that:

I have a bad feeling.. :x

June 11, 2015, 06:48:54 AM
Reply #22

Offline PressStart

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 13, 2009, 03:06:04 PM

• View Profile
    • http://minimega.tumblr.com/
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2015, 06:48:54 AM »
Quote from: "MusashiAA"
Quote from: "CDRom11_2007"
I think if enough people get it, we might get a new Megaman game in the distant horizon.

I've seen this argument...

so
many
times

and every single time this is argued, it's never such case.
I think a lot of fans feel this way, and I can't really blame em. Capcom recently said they were going to focus on HD re-releases, so it's much safer to use Mega Man for this sort of thing rather than go all out with a new game (which is a darn shame). Hopefully there will be something in the future (heh, something announced at E3 would be nice), but it feels like it's more up to chance than anything.

I am interested in this collection, though. They act like they're holding back some cool things for E3, so I'm hoping they'll show off some stuff that looks cool (I do find the database, getting to go straight to boss fights for training, and challenge/replays intriguing).

June 11, 2015, 06:35:26 PM
Reply #23

Offline DoomManFTW

• Standard Member

• I forgot I existed.
  • Date Registered: March 06, 2015, 04:46:08 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2015, 06:35:26 PM »
Want to know something else that will blow your mind?I played a fan game(which I recommend)called "Quint's Revenge",and Quint instead of just jumping around like a dumbass he dashes and other stuff,pretty much like how future megaman should be,but the quint we know is from another dimension...

That dimension in some way,is real life,the way Capcom treats megaman now is the same way most of us treat the actual Quint,those third party developers got the gameplay not that great,the music awful,but instead,they predicted THE FUTURE!

June 11, 2015, 11:16:21 PM
Reply #24

Offline BiscuitSlash

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 20, 2010, 12:49:25 PM

• View Profile
De-hype.
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2015, 11:16:21 PM »
(click to show/hide)
This worries me.

After realizing that Wii's virtual console plays the games at 50fps, and how much it drags down the sound and music quality, I pretty much never played Megaman 2 on the Wii again. When I played the other Megaman games, I played them on emulator instead because of this issue.

Much like how it should have been with virtual console, 50fps should be an option. The Megaman games are inferior at that framerate.

June 12, 2015, 07:16:25 AM
Reply #25

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2015, 07:16:25 AM »
Yeah, it's why the few people who liked this game, start to be negative too..... :s

http://www.capcom-unity.com/mega_man/go ... litches-eh

the comments heeee... the game started to be really not liked.

If there was an infinite mode or others fun things, i could buy it, but i dont understand the point of this megaman game...it seems to be just a basic emulation with possible large screen...

June 12, 2015, 11:15:04 AM
Reply #26

Offline Meme Man

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 28, 2015, 09:58:20 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2015, 11:15:04 AM »
I'm now understanding why capcom decided to only put the NES games in the collection. So the newer generation can known who megaman is. Then annouce a new megaman game when everybody known who he is.

June 12, 2015, 11:33:09 AM
Reply #27

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2015, 11:33:09 AM »
Quote from: "Meme Man"
I'm now understanding why capcom decided to only put the NES games in the collection. So the newer generation can known who megaman is. Then annouce a new megaman game when everybody known who he is.
I hope It's for that!  :?  
we will see....  :geek:

June 12, 2015, 08:44:23 PM
Reply #28

Offline Mr. Sean Nelson

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 30, 2010, 06:37:59 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2015, 08:44:23 PM »
I was very disappointed about them not enhancing the graphics. If you have the anniversary collection, there is no reason to buy this. Seems like a cheap cash-grab.

Honestly, I prefer The Wily Wars on the genesis to the NES Megamans 1, 2, and 3.
Enhanced graphics, sound, and a few bug changes go a really long way.

June 12, 2015, 11:36:43 PM
Reply #29

Offline PressStart

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 13, 2009, 03:06:04 PM

• View Profile
    • http://minimega.tumblr.com/
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2015, 11:36:43 PM »
Quote from: "Mr. Sean Nelson"
I was very disappointed about them not enhancing the graphics. If you have the anniversary collection, there is no reason to buy this. Seems like a cheap cash-grab.

Honestly, I prefer The Wily Wars on the genesis to the NES Megamans 1, 2, and 3.
Enhanced graphics, sound, and a few bug changes go a really long way.
See, it would've been a big plus if they added Wily Wars to the collection. Wily Wars is one of those p rare games that people would gladly buy on Virtual Console or in a re-release, but Capcom hasn't done it yet. I figure the reason was because they wouldn't want to release -any- collections after releasing the games separately on VC and PSN, but that's clearly not the case as they've gone ahead with this Legacy Collection. Now, if Wily Wars was an unlockable on the collection (or some other cool release like a translated Rock Board), that would be hype  :cool:

Also, after playing the Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero beta, it does make me long for a Mega Man with hand-drawn character graphics by Wayforward.