Advanced Search

Author Topic: Megaman Legacy Collectin, collection game coming for summer!  (Read 23776 times)

June 12, 2015, 11:40:41 PM
Reply #30

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
Re: A "new" Megaman game is coming.....
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2015, 11:40:41 PM »
A lot of people are having a go at the developers for not adding cool new features to the games and not publishing other megaman titles, but I believe Capcom probably had a strong hold on what they were allowed to do. "Port these 6 games perfectly to these consoles. Here are some art assets. Add leaderboards because they were cool in MM9/10." Something like that.

June 13, 2015, 01:41:41 AM
Reply #31

Offline Isaac940

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 09, 2010, 07:13:26 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2015, 01:41:41 AM »
If what I've seen from other places is correct, Digital Eclipse's main thing is game preservation, so they're trying to bring it to bring the six MM games to modern consoles as close as they can to the original NES versions. Also, apparently its only going to cost 15$. IIRC getting all six costs like 30 on VC.

June 13, 2015, 07:30:51 AM
Reply #32

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2015, 07:30:51 AM »
EDIT: Well , i will try to be a little more optimistic, maybe there will be some gameplay surprise, i dont know....or an other game...let's see, it's soon!...

June 13, 2015, 06:58:24 PM
Reply #33

Offline DoomManFTW

• Standard Member

• I forgot I existed.
  • Date Registered: March 06, 2015, 04:46:08 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2015, 06:58:24 PM »
Quote from: "Emmanuelf06"
EDIT: Well , i will try to be a little more optimistic, maybe there will be some gameplay surprise, i dont know....or an other game...let's see, it's soon!...

The best way to say this:

Megaman X corrupted will be done before Capcom makes a new game of any megaman series.

June 16, 2015, 11:40:57 PM
Reply #34

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2015, 11:40:57 PM »
Indeed, Megaman X corrupted looks awesome and huge, differents way to finish to game, differents ending, a lot of weapons, stages.....can't wait for this game too...

J-1 for E3 to see this legacy game ^^'

EDIT: More details: http://www.rockman-corner.com/2015/06/m ... on-e3.html
There is no infini mode, it's just some parts who are used with the timer for record....anyway, really lame game I think.

June 17, 2015, 02:54:41 AM
Reply #35

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2015, 02:54:41 AM »
Gonna throw in my two cents:
It will either be moddable somehow...
OR
They will add the later games as DLC, in which case they will charge cheap for the "pack" (example of pack: SNES containing 7, Mega Man & Bass, X, X2, X3, Soccer)

People need to be patient, it's very likely Capcom can't find anyone willing to hold a magma-hot-potato such as Mega Man. You know, Mega Man fandom has been quite aggressive since Legends 3 cancelation, so... Yeah, gonna be rough

June 17, 2015, 09:10:12 AM
Reply #36

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2015, 09:10:12 AM »
It's really bad to show this kind of cheap "collection" for E3.... better to show nothing I think'
if there was all the classic but no, even for a digital game, there is just the 6 first game, i can't imagine worse, maybe SfxMM but it was more a fangame, basically.

June 17, 2015, 04:54:21 PM
Reply #37

Offline Hunter Frags

• MM8BDM Extender

• Date Registered: December 21, 2013, 10:45:35 PM

• View Profile
    • Low Quality Escapades (YT Channel)
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2015, 04:54:21 PM »
*More baseless complaining*
I recall Tsuki having this interesting idea a post before your last one. I think it was called BEING PATIENT. You already listened to possible reasons why it was just the six games or whether or not they may have DLC or anything else new, yet you keep going. Shut. The hell. Up. And wait.

June 17, 2015, 07:45:19 PM
Reply #38

Offline Ehibika

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: June 15, 2015, 06:43:37 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2015, 07:45:19 PM »
Quote from: "tsukiyomaru0"
People need to be patient, it's very likely Capcom can't find anyone willing to hold a magma-hot-potato such as Mega Man. You know, Mega Man fandom has been quite aggressive since Legends 3 cancelation, so... Yeah, gonna be rough

While I doubt we are as unappeasable as the sonic fandom, the cancelation of 3 games including legends 3 more than likely has the community a bit irritable. still, I kinda wish we had something new, anything new. just to show that they are going to do something with the IP other than let it rot.

Now I say that but they could always do what nintendo did with their latest Metroid game, there would always be that risk of them doing something completely unfamiliar with the franchise to the point of it being alienating. but it still seems depressing to think that megaman will just be cryogenically frozen in his past, releasing nothing but rereleases of his previous games and never embarking on new adventures.

I'd be cool with a megaman 11, especially if they went past 8-bit that time.

June 17, 2015, 09:58:29 PM
Reply #39

Offline MusashiAA

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Byeah
  • Date Registered: February 16, 2010, 04:44:54 AM

• View Profile
    • My Covers on YouTube
Nice rant about Capcom that doesn't mention Legends 3
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2015, 09:58:29 PM »
So far, from what they've shown, what they're offering seems like a pretty solid work so far.

I don't mind that Digital Eclipse is doing this, if they pull it off right, it's gonna clean their shit stained name a little bit. I mind that Capcom and we think this is going to "gauge interest in the franchise for a new entry". IF CAPCOM WAS AN ACTUAL GAME DEVELOPER PLUS COMPANY, they should be putting out more original Mega Man content to gauge interest every 2 or 3 years, not rererererererererererererelease games multiple generations of gamers could have easily gotten over the past 12 releases, across 13 different consoles, for the last 30 years. OR ALTERNATIVELY, use the 3DS and Wii U Virtual Console releases of these six games to gauge interest, instead of...releasing them AGAIN.

And WE shouldn't be perpetuating this dumbfounded hope that "this is actually it guys, if this reaches x amount of sales, we'll get something new and better"; when did consumers had to keep buying something totally anachronic and bloody already available, to justify to companies to make more and better products, and not the other way out? They've been leaving money on the table for years already by refusing to make new content, and when they don't, they saturate the market with the same fucking product to the point where dozens of bins are filled with them because nobody wants to fucking buy the same fucking product with a different fucking tag for the infiniteth time, to "show them" that it's "actually worth it" to make something better?

These games have already been released on the 3DS Virtual Console already, and I'm sure Capcom just fucking forgot. I can understand the value of the extra content, and the supposed devotion to emulate the games accurately is commendable...but we shouldn't be pressed to buy the same shit again, trying to chase the glorified unicorn of "brand interest gauge" that the Darkstalkers franchise has already fallen for. Make no mistake, my friends: Capcom is still shitting moronic, and they will still be shitting moronic, and they will tell us that they'll use this to gauge interest on the franchise: a gauge that will never be full, regardless of all of us buying it or not, because it's a fucking lie to cheat you out of your money, because they're not going to cocking make new content on a franchise that's not keeping their shitting moronic game company cruiser afloat, by abusing the hell out of their customers with retaining content from the full games, openly supporting abusive and broken pay-to-win business models, or completely ruining the original creative vision of the franchise. Every good developer they used to have knew this, and JUMPED OUT: they didn't want to be a part of the bastardization of their creations, and didn't want to waste their life away fighting against The Corporation Previously Known as Capcom.

This collection just shows you how many fucks Capcom gives for the Mega Man franchise, from a profitable and creative standpoint. If you choose to buy this still, expecting more and better things in the future, you're setting yourself up for disappointment, buddy. And you should know better by this point.

I hate to be that guy, but this has to be said. "Mega Man is dead, and lives on through its fanbase" is still a relevant quote for me, because it means just how inetivable and dignifying it is for us that we love and cherish this "scrub tier individual property", to give up on Capcom, given the irrefutable evidence that they don't care about this franchise: we do. And for now, we alone can't do it any justice for all the wrong that has been done to it.

And perpetuating the ghost of "gauging interest" is not it.

June 18, 2015, 05:38:12 AM
Reply #40

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2015, 05:38:12 AM »
When you know, Playstation paid Capcom to make Street Fighter 5 on Playstation (and PC) only..... if not, SF5 could be release in 2017 or later....

Nothing help really megaman actually, Capcom (need?) care more about his big licences like SF or others (what about MH now? lol) ....it seems to become bad.... :s

I have seen some others screens of the game, the sky of the stages seem different, like cutman stage?...not sure. At least, some people in Capcom unity tried to help the serie, like with SFxMM (even if i dont like this game because the level design is pretty poor compared to some others megaman fangames).
We need a miracle, but at least, the fanbase help'

Can't wait the MMBN3D too, more netnavis battles!

EDIT: Maybe this franck guy is new in the world of programming, it seems MMLC is his first real project......maybe he could make something better or new later....it seems He likes the megaman serie and when he played some stages, he played it correctly, he is not a newbie or others, he seems interested by the serie but it's like, he does not have a "huge" experience for programming.
He could be a good thing in the megaman universe...maybe. Some people like me say He looks arrogant but maybe, he just has a lot of passion, we will see ?

June 18, 2015, 07:50:41 PM
Reply #41

Offline Hunter Frags

• MM8BDM Extender

• Date Registered: December 21, 2013, 10:45:35 PM

• View Profile
    • Low Quality Escapades (YT Channel)
M. O. V. E. O. N.
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2015, 07:50:41 PM »
Quote from: "ChaosUnlimited (Summarized)"
*More baseless complaining*
Listen to Tsuki, just be patient and stop complaining until we know what all's going on.
Quote from: "Ehibika (Shortened)"

Still wish they did something new, though, unless they're afraid of doing something that might end up being completely different than it used to be, but it's still depressing to think the franchise will become nothing but rerelease after rerelease after rerelease. I'd be find with a Megaman 11, especially if it were something that isn't 8-bit this time.
Quote from: "MusashiAA (summarized)"
Doesn't matter. Fuck them for not milking the franchise even more than they already have.

Criticism > Ranting
Despite the facts and everything that did happen, people still want to jump to hatemongering conclusions. I don't give a damn about the truth. Please act civil, stop obsessing over how bad Capcom is, and wait.

Edit: "Demanding creators to keep making more just because you can't let go is like keeping a brain-dead person on life support. The patient ain't getting any better, the doctors have useful things they could be doing instead, and the loved ones need to move on." -YouAreDumb.net

July 02, 2015, 03:02:24 PM
Reply #42

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2015, 03:02:24 PM »
The fans can express their dissatisfaction about this bad game (specially because it's really a POOR game), why are you so mad about it?

Inafune would want continue legend 3 (and maybe some others canceled mm games) but capcom Japan is like "let continue with cheap things for megaman to get more money easily" ....They dont care at all about megaman, even if a guy show a good project or finished game, they will cancel it, because too good', too much money to lose in the "publishing" even if they get a lot of money by us since those last years with the dumb goodies.... so bad.
It makes me sad for Megaman, Capcom JP mistreats megaman and the fans...

Like musashi guy said, if the sales are good for this game, they will continue with this cheap thing (actually they have said, if it's well sold, they could add more games in MMLC but not sure).
If the sales are bad, better to wait if Capcom want wake up or not, if not RIP capcom, anyways, not like if megaman was the only IP of capcom who get a dumb collection game.... remastered games or the new metroid thing (i dont know metroid but it seem the fans are mad about it lol).

I prefer do not buy this game and wait for an other thing.... I hope the sales wont be good, because it could be bad for us, Capcom JP wants try to be like activision except they do it in a worse way, lol. Anyways, we need to wait.

July 02, 2015, 03:45:33 PM
Reply #43

Offline BiscuitSlash

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 20, 2010, 12:49:25 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2015, 03:45:33 PM »
I looked at the release dates for this.

3DS version will be out a few months after. Kinda disappointing seeing as I will most likely get this collection on the 3DS. Why? Because having Megaman 1-6 on my 3DS sounds like a good thing to me, and I'd rather have them in this bundle as opposed to getting all 6 virtual console games separately.

However, if they play at 50fps then no.

July 02, 2015, 04:28:32 PM
Reply #44

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2015, 04:28:32 PM »
It's because, they said: there is those games on the virtual console yet.....it's why capcom want wait a little', you see.