Advanced Search

Author Topic: Marioluigi001's Strength In Numbers Custom Maps V1H Released  (Read 12429 times)

July 16, 2014, 04:32:45 PM
Reply #15

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 17, 2010, 05:35:11 AM

• View Profile
Re: Marioluigi001's Strength In Numbers Custom Maps V1D Rele
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2014, 04:32:45 PM »
Quote from: "Linnie"
I want to ask you for the code you used to make the Killer Bullets, because I can't find it anywhere in your wad. Their coding is odd, to say the least, and I'd like to look at it.

Found it in the Find the RM Mappack:

Code: [Select]
actor killerbullet 20018
{
obituary "%o was hit by a killer bullet."
  health 10
  radius 20
  height 60
  mass 9999
  speed 10
  scale 3.0
  painchance 255
  PainSound "misc/devilpain"
  Translation "192:192=4:4", "198:198=176:176"
  MONSTER
  +MISSILEMORE
  +SOLID
  +NOGRAVITY
  +NOBLOOD
States
{
Spawn:
KLRB D 0
KLRB D 1
KLRB D 0 A_JumpIf(floorz-z>0,"Spawn")
KLRB D 1 A_Look
Goto Spawn+3
See:
KLRB F 0 A_FaceTarget
KLRB AAABBBCCCBBB 1 A_Chase
KLRB BE 5
Goto Melee
Melee:
KLRB A 0 A_SpawnItem("MetoolAttack")
KLRB AAABBBCCCBBB 1 A_Wander
Goto See
Death:
KLRB FGH 3 A_Stop
KLRB B 0 A_Fall
KLRB A 0 A_PlaySoundEx("weapon/hyperbomb", "Weapon")
KLRB A 0 A_Explode(200, 180, 0)
BOMB BCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQR 1
stop
}
}

Since I've been coding a lot myself, I can tell just from the code that the enemy is going to act weird. It chases you (meh), attacks when you get close and then just wanders around helplessly for 12 frames (almost half a second), and the worst thing is that if you take this thing out too close to it, you WILL die. You would take 200 damage if you were right in its center when it exploded. From my personal experience, another problem this code has is that this will just focus on one target. Other players are free to get up close and attack it since it's focused on the first player it sees.

I know it's taking a while for my stuff to come out, but I don't want to release my stuff until the Mega Man 1 bosses are good and ready. I'm also working on a side project to demo the enemies I've recreated. When all of that is done, I will release the first version of my enemy resources...but it may not be until almost the end of summer when it does come out (the reason for that isn't my side project, but waiting for the rest of the boss graphics to get finished).

July 16, 2014, 06:01:08 PM
Reply #16

Offline Linnie

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: June 05, 2013, 05:19:32 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2014, 06:01:08 PM »
What specific frames do you need done? I could try some if i'd help.

July 16, 2014, 09:35:11 PM
Reply #17

Offline marioluigi001

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 12, 2012, 11:53:24 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2014, 09:35:11 PM »
On the linedef you want the fence, give it action 121, Line Identification. After you do that, go to "Flags" and check the box titled "3D Midtexture." Then you just add the midtextures and you have your fence.

I've done the action and checked the flags but then I go to add the two middle textures, when I do, the fence is actually on the ceiling. the Floor is left the way it is. Is there a reason why its doing that?

July 16, 2014, 09:39:17 PM
Reply #18

Offline Linnie

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2014, 09:39:17 PM »
Try checking the "lower unpegged" box.

July 16, 2014, 09:45:06 PM
Reply #19

Offline marioluigi001

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2014, 09:45:06 PM »
It worked. Thank You so much.

Edit: I might have the new version fixing these issues out by today.

July 20, 2014, 11:21:01 PM
Reply #20

Offline Linnie

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: Marioluigi001's Strength In Numbers Custom Maps V1F Rele
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2014, 11:21:01 PM »
I looked at V1F, and, forty Megabytes?

And the new music is already in the core?

For what purpose?

I'm not even gonna criticize the new boss rush maps, it's just the poorly-coded bosses from before, not worth playing.

I know I didn't comment on V1E, so I'll just say the changes from that look good. I think you should start privately seeking people out to look at your map because I don't know what to say anymore; they could be improved, but I don't know what to say in regard to how.

July 21, 2014, 02:22:56 AM
Reply #21

Offline marioluigi001

• Standard Member

• View Profile
Re: Marioluigi001's Strength In Numbers Custom Maps V1F Rele
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2014, 02:22:56 AM »
I will Remove the three boss rush stages in the new update, and the file size will plummet. I will replace the boss rush stages with an actual Robot Master stage.

August 03, 2014, 05:19:32 PM
Reply #22

Offline Linnie

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: Marioluigi001's Strength In Numbers Custom Maps V1G Rele
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2014, 05:19:32 PM »
I didn't see the V1G update until, my apologies for such. Looking at Hardman SP now.

The main issue I feel the stage has is that it's a giant hallway, and a rather large one. There's a split path, but each path is just a long, trek with enemies, and due to the size of the rooms, you can run right past them.

I decided to see if I could do it, and I managed to consistently get to the boss door, on both of the split paths, without firing a single bullet.

The map feels a bit too horizontal for Hardman. Hardman's stage is this mineshaft-like cave with a lot of support beams, but the map as a whole appears to be on the surface the whole way. You want more inward areas, more underground-feeling locations. I recommend looking at KNDM03 to see how to make it feel more deep while still being close to the surface.

The textures are really bland, but it's Hardman so you can't expect Picasso's work. Still, one thing you might want to consider is to take a hand at spriting and demake the Wily Wars textures for Hardman. NemZ has MM1 and MM2 Wily Wars tiles made, but not MM3. All the maps from the standard MMSP mod use custom textures to fleshen out the level; it's should be strongly considered in your maps to make use of them to improve your maps' aesthetics.

So, in general, I recommend heavy map reworking to try to make it less hallway-ish. Also, on a tiny recommendation, you should use buttons over teleporters to lower that one door.

August 07, 2014, 09:30:27 PM
Reply #23

Offline marioluigi001

• Standard Member

• View Profile
Re: Marioluigi001's Strength In Numbers Custom Maps V1G Rele
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2014, 09:30:27 PM »
you should use buttons over teleporters to lower that one door.

I actually don't know how to make buttons, which is why I went with teleporters. If you could tell me, I would greatly appreciate it.

The textures are really bland, but it's Hardman so you can't expect Picasso's work. Still, one thing you might want to consider is to take a hand at spriting and demake the Wily Wars textures for Hardman. NemZ has MM1 and MM2 Wily Wars tiles made, but not MM3. All the maps from the standard MMSP mod use custom textures to fleshen out the level; it's should be strongly considered in your maps to make use of them to improve your maps' aesthetics.

I don't know how to sprite, so I can't help there,

You want more inward areas, more underground-feeling locations.

I got some ideas for some inward areas. but I don't know how to make buttons, and have them lower or raise platforms. Again if you could help me out here, I would greatly appreciate it.

Hardman's stage is this mineshaft-like cave with a lot of support beams.

I'll try to make it feel more cave-like and add some support beams.

The main issue I feel the stage has is that it's a giant hallway, and a rather large one. There's a split path, but each path is just a long, trek with enemies, and due to the size of the rooms, you can run right past them.............. I recommend heavy map reworking to try to make it less hallway-ish

I'll see what I can do.