Advanced Search

Author Topic: What's Megaman's future?  (Read 8719 times)

December 17, 2017, 07:16:34 AM
Reply #15

Offline Ivan1997

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 16, 2017, 03:48:57 PM

• View Profile
Re: What's Megaman's future?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2017, 07:16:34 AM »
According to Polygon, Mega Man X1-X8 are going to be re-released for the PS4, Xbox One, PC and the Nintendo Switch sometime during summer 2018. That's pretty awesome news to deliver on the Blue Bomber's 30th anniversary. However, I am quite curious, will this new collection contain the SNES version of X3, or the PlayStation/Saturn/PC version of X3 with FMVs and arranged music? I hope that the new "X Collection" will have both. And as for X4, not sure whether they will have all the English voice acting re-done by different people or keep it intact, but I think that the latter is most likely to happen, although it would be cool if there would be an option to choose either the old voices (with X having a female voice, the infamous "WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOR?!", etc.) or the new voices. As for X5, will the Mavericks have the Guns N' Roses based names, or will they have new names based on their Japanese names? And X6 had plenty of problems, like the J-pop music that was kept in both the Japanese and international releases (this basically covers all games from X3 onwards; I don't mind Japanese music, personally, but I have a feeling that all of the J-pop opening and ending songs will be replaced by instrumentals, like how "Electric Communication" was omitted in Mega Man 8 when playing the Japanese version in Legacy Collection 2, probably due to copyright issues), the translation errors all over the place (I hope that X6 gets a new translation), and the fact that Capcom didn't have time to find English voice actors due to X6 being rushed for Christmas release, so there's only Japanese voices. (Hopefully, X6 will also have English voice actors that will read the text based on the new English translation.)

Still, though, it's great how the X series is coming to PS4, Xbox One, PC and Switch.