Advanced Search

Author Topic: Kid chameleon maps  (Read 6499 times)

November 19, 2014, 09:07:22 PM
Read 6499 times

Offline robot master L.S

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: January 27, 2013, 07:35:52 PM

• View Profile
Kid chameleon maps
« on: November 19, 2014, 09:07:22 PM »
Hello everyone! :p
  well already have a while (actually a long time) I most Renan the hedgehog made a map pack well he's done a few bugs here there others here but I'll arranges them in upcoming versions. well the package has 10 maps, the pack have a trailer,that I would be nice fleece Some server one day but I will not ask anything yet (nor do I know if i will ask) let's get to the package!

the trailer:

And the download:

OBS:I know that he is not yet in BE but so I know how I'll put it

November 19, 2014, 09:25:37 PM
Reply #1

Offline Russel

• MM8BDM Extender

• Doc Croc
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2010, 11:11:25 PM

• View Profile
Re: Kid chameleon maps
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 09:25:37 PM »
I would hate to say it, but because 4Shared is stupid, ridden with potential malware, and just inconvenient to use in general, the only thing we have to go by in terms of quality is a shoddy trailer with lowly screenshots.

Yeah.
This doesn't look good but I honestly wish there was a mirror for it so I could see for sure.

November 19, 2014, 10:01:41 PM
Reply #2

Offline BookofDobson

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 05, 2014, 11:04:24 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 10:01:41 PM »
The sharing site is eww.

But I kinda dig the maps

November 19, 2014, 10:05:32 PM
Reply #3

Offline robot master L.S

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 10:05:32 PM »
Quote from: "BookofDobson"
The sharing site is eww.

But I kinda dig the maps

I'm putting more mirrors

November 19, 2014, 11:08:25 PM
Reply #4

Offline Russel

• MM8BDM Extender

• Doc Croc
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2010, 11:11:25 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 11:08:25 PM »
Since I don't feel like giving full reviews of all of these maps, I would like to point out that my favorite map is the sky dragon castle because it feels like it has the fewest things wrong with it.

I suggest you take pointers from other map packs and try to ask yourself "why is structure x here?" or "what purpose does this weapon or item serve?" Through analysis of maps that are considered good, you could generate content that would also increase in quality. I highly suggest working though each map one at a time and having people review your maps and give appropriate feedback. Make sure you get more than just "this map is nice. I love it." No. Get good criticisms that require you to make changes. Yes, I am talking negative comments here. The more negative comments you get, the more you can improve your content.

That being said, the only issues I've seen with KID05 were weird height variation, which can be excused, and one pit that is really easy to fall into. Weapon layout isn't something I was paying attention to because of one pit that you could easily fall into because of lack of a fence.

I would also like to mention that I don't think anyone appreciates retexturing layouts and calling them new maps.

These are notes to you and whoever else worked on the pack...and I'm really sorry I don't want to write a paragraph about each map, it's difficult to review map geometry that is so far gone from the positive that it can hardly be taken seriously.
When I say a map cannot be salvaged, I mean it doesn't appear to hold any sort of potential to be turned into anything positive.

Thank you again for providing an alternative link. If you think some of the maps aren't trash and would like me to go into extensive detail into how they can be improved, tell me in this thread which maps you think can be improved and list why. I will not review them all.

November 19, 2014, 11:49:33 PM
Reply #5

Offline robot master L.S

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 11:49:33 PM »
Yes, I recognize that it has good maps and bad maps as well.
well do not know how to put textures maps gemini man or bad would napalm man and maps from other games besides that I thought it fell nicely because not like repetitive things like textures, and also another thing that the map "KID10" and basically a the ctf map already talked to renan copying maps but have to redo some things. I'll make a list here:

basically almost every map has a texture of Megaman, but I appreciate it.

KID01: waveman the water? and also aquaman? but thought it would be very good there.

Kid02: texture hardman and the evil eye map shademan the same as the answer above.

Kid03: Well I do not see anything wrong in it.

Kid04: Half tight? yes that seems purposely to an old construction into a large cavern with lava

Kid05: well here we come, do not put anything to prevent his fall from grace because  have holes that can not fall? I think that question just as well as the usual map gyroman.

Kid06: a copy of the modified Island napalmman oh! well seriously i do not like it too I'm pretty sure I'll redo it

KID07: another map ctf seriously -.- I have to redo that too.

Kid08: Generic less but still do not have a lot of quality but I must redo it also

Kid09: My favorite map! well invisible walls will be corrected in future versions. yes it has a kind of bizarre secret.

Kid10: we can say that, and a perfect copy of another map ctf (I hate it) already talked but I do not know, it will be redone as well.

well this list and they asked?