Advanced Search

Author Topic: FriendlyPackageSet Mappack.  (Read 6356 times)

March 17, 2015, 03:01:07 AM
Read 6356 times

Offline pikmin555

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 03, 2011, 04:42:37 PM

• View Profile
FriendlyPackageSet Mappack.
« on: March 17, 2015, 03:01:07 AM »
Hello there, I'm Pik (Otherwise known as Dakutatoru / Braixen.) And I've made a set of maps and hopefully they're in good conditions. These maps are simple and surely are diverse to play on (I hope.) Feedback and Suggestions are a nice thing. I might be forgetting some other things to add on this...Sorry if I have forgotten.

FPS01 - Reconstructed Cavern
(click to show/hide)

FPS02 - Twilight Crossing
(click to show/hide)

FPS03 - Chilling Sensation
(click to show/hide)

FPS04 - Paw-sitive Ocean Ride
(click to show/hide)

FPS05 - An Angel's Dream
(click to show/hide)

FPS06 - Unrecognized Area
(click to show/hide)

Grab it here!

March 17, 2015, 10:41:16 PM
Reply #1

Offline BookofDobson

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 05, 2014, 11:04:24 PM

• View Profile
Re: FriendlyPackageSet Mappack.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 10:41:16 PM »
Oh Hey I forgot you were here! BTW FPS02 needs more ways to get to higher ground

April 15, 2015, 03:57:47 AM
Reply #2

Knux

Re: FriendlyPackageSet Mappack.
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 03:57:47 AM »
Sorry this all took so long for me to get to, Pik.

First of all, let me just say that you've displayed great amounts of creativity in the making of these maps, which is something essential when mapping! There are quite a few concepts in this map pack that feel fresh and interesting, such as FPS02 being a ruined castle surrounded by a moat.

That said, I've looked at each of the maps, and this is what I have to say on each:

FPS01 - There's no shortage of varying architecture and different sights here! However, the map has quite a lot of areas, which might present a problem if trying to play a match seriously. Although I cannot really provide thing placement feedback because of this, keep in mind that weapons should generally be harder or easier to obtain depending on the layout. For example, since the map is this huge, Crystal Eye most likely shouldn't be on a cliff. There's also Eddie, who can potentially give a harder hitting weapon, right next to it in a spot that's easier to access.

I think I've told you this before, but you could most certainly split this map into two or even three maps. This is coming from the guy who made FloatingSportsPark (huge doesn't even begin to describe it, it makes the engine croak) as his first map, too. Alternatively, you could opt for choosing the best pieces and making a single map out of what you have. I can help with this if you decide to go through with it.
(click to show/hide)

FPS02 - Ah yes, I'd say this is probably my favorite layout out of the pack. Although you have an interesting concept here that hasn't been tried before, there are a few things that hold it back.
(click to show/hide)
FPS03 - This seems to be the smallest one in your pack. I think the layout is mostly enjoyable, but there are problems in a few areas so let's get to that.
(click to show/hide)
FPS04 - I can't say I've ever tried making a ship map before, but if I attempted it, I would probably find it difficult. There's no harm in trying any kind of concept, but the main problem with this map is that the upper deck is really devoid of layout and things.
(click to show/hide)
FPS05 - I'll be honest here. I was afraid of the massive amount of pits in this map at first and thought it was going to be a deathtrap. Turns out that falling into the pit teleports players to areas in the map, which is all kinds of awesome. There's also ITEM TWO SURFINNNNNNG!!1 *cough*... Got that out of my system. It's hilariously fun in this map!

Here are some suggestions I wanted to make.
(click to show/hide)
FPS06 - A shrine-like area surrounded by hallways? Not a bad concept, but you could have areas other than just hallways in the middle of those. Let's look at a few things here.
(click to show/hide)
Welp, that's all I was able to notice. I hope all of it helps you improve!