Advanced Search

Author Topic: Original DOS Completion Project - Off Hiatus  (Read 25628 times)

July 03, 2016, 06:01:41 PM
Reply #30

Offline Promestein

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 27, 2013, 04:02:37 AM

• View Profile
Re: Original DOS Completion Project
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2016, 06:01:41 PM »
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with Dood.
Top Row - 2
Middle Row - 2
Bottom Row - 4

Torch Man looks fine to me though.

July 03, 2016, 07:28:22 PM
Reply #31

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2016, 07:28:22 PM »
Ok, so far 3 for middle fin, 3 for middle jaw, 1 for original alt, and 2 for blue shaded alt
Here is a larger version to see them better without having to download the image

And I won't be unreasonable with Torch and I'm putting him up on the board as well (also size enhanced)

Left is current, middle has his arm lower a bit so his upper arm is visible, right is the original position.
The stand on the current version is more to of a ready pose (kinda like Quick Man's) and would likely be more noticeable in rotations, while the original would actually make it more accurate to the source.

Edit: added a pixel into the middle one

August 07, 2016, 04:29:03 PM
Reply #32

Offline MetalMasher

• Standard Member

• Bloody Devotion
  • Date Registered: June 27, 2016, 02:26:47 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2016, 04:29:03 PM »
this is very cool! dyna man map looks awesome!

August 10, 2016, 03:46:24 AM
Reply #33

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2016, 03:46:24 AM »
Thanks to Lego I was able to actually get the weapons to work correctly along side the MM9 weapons, as well as fix the colors on the skins for Nuclear Detonator and Oil Stream.
All of these weapon wise are now completely implemented into the file with the exception of making Sonic Wave's smallest projectiles visible, though looking at it I do wanna make Sonic Wave look better too.
(click to show/hide)
I'm also gonna give a little run down of each weapon once again, some extra visuals as well as some Mega Man style descriptions akin to Mega Man 7.
Sonic Wave
(click to show/hide)
Force Field
(click to show/hide)
Nuclear Detonator
(click to show/hide)
Bit Cannon
(click to show/hide)
Shark Boomerang
(click to show/hide)
Water Shooter
(click to show/hide)
Oil Stream
(click to show/hide)
Blade Launcher
(click to show/hide)
Torch Arm
(click to show/hide)

August 10, 2016, 04:27:13 PM
Reply #34

Offline Superjustinbros

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor

• Something
  • Date Registered: October 29, 2012, 03:32:09 AM

• View Profile
    • http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2016, 04:27:13 PM »
These are beautiful.

August 10, 2016, 05:54:45 PM
Reply #35

Offline Promestein

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 27, 2013, 04:02:37 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2016, 05:54:45 PM »
Weapons are looking neat. I'm interested in seeing for myself how Shark Boomerang works.

I am a tiny bit confused about one thing though. Sonic Wave splits into two when it hits a wall, but how does it split when hitting a floor or ceiling? Does it bounce back off the floor at a similar angle to the one it hit it from? That sounds like it could get pretty crazy.

August 10, 2016, 07:58:54 PM
Reply #36

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2016, 07:58:54 PM »
Weapons are looking neat. I'm interested in seeing for myself how Shark Boomerang works.

I am a tiny bit confused about one thing though. Sonic Wave splits into two when it hits a wall, but how does it split when hitting a floor or ceiling? Does it bounce back off the floor at a similar angle to the one it hit it from? That sounds like it could get pretty crazy.
Sonic Wave will ALWAYS split on the horizontal axis, the only time it will go vertical is the original shot. If it hits a floor or ceiling the 2 shots will split off towards the direction they came from horizontally meaning it will stay near which ever it hit (so try not to hit the ceiling unless it is a really low one like the Magnet Missile hole in Metal or something). Hitting a single enemy isn't as easy with it but sending it into a crowd will certainly get some hits in and potentially nab a kill of someone weakened. You though do wanna try to hit with the main shot as much as possible since the damage drops off in halves and the main shot is 20 damage (5hko) meaning the first split is 10, the second bounce is 5, and the third is only a measly 2. This of course is subject to change, if it turns out the bounces are simply TOO weak they could be swapped to dropping 5 damage each so 20>15>10>5.

August 11, 2016, 01:35:37 AM
Reply #37

Offline MetalMasher

• Standard Member

• Bloody Devotion
  • Date Registered: June 27, 2016, 02:26:47 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2016, 01:35:37 AM »
weapons look soo great! i hope the maps too!

August 29, 2016, 09:04:22 PM
Reply #38

Offline Geno

• MM8BDM Extender

• ❤ ❤ ❤
  • Date Registered: March 31, 2012, 10:07:28 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2016, 09:04:22 PM »
The weapons look cool!

The only thing that bugs me is how half the MM3PC weapons do not have the correct colours. Blade Launcher, Shark Boomerang, and Oil Stream don't use those colours at all in the original game.

And, I can understand why the PC1 weapons have different colours, as they didn't even have colours to begin with in the original game

August 30, 2016, 03:25:55 AM
Reply #39

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2016, 03:25:55 AM »
The weapons look cool!

The only thing that bugs me is how half the MM3PC weapons do not have the correct colours. Blade Launcher, Shark Boomerang, and Oil Stream don't use those colours at all in the original game.

And, I can understand why the PC1 weapons have different colours, as they didn't even have colours to begin with in the original game
Shark Boomerang's colors were cyan and white, the cyan was made the secondary color and gray was added as the main to look more unique and interesting and match Shark's colors.
Blade Launcher was purple/pink and white. Purple was picked to match Blade's color and not confuse with a similar weapon Yamato Spear, gray was added to not have white as the secondary.
Oil Stream was changed to black and gray to match the projectile as Mega's colors often do, while the original was brown and white, I could swap Oil Stream to brown and wouldn't have problem with it, not a lot of weapons use black and gray though while it would be close to the PC1 main colors.
So, because they were all white secondary and we wanted verity. Every one of them. Also Oil and Dyna are the only I changed since Badz finished the weapons.

September 13, 2016, 08:02:58 PM
Reply #40

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2016, 08:02:58 PM »
Ok folk, immediately after posting this work will begin on Volt Man's map.
The direction for this map is a mid sized map making use of the turbines seen in his actual stage. These will be around paths and stronger power ups and while vary based on the location in the map.
The map will primarily be indoors with a smaller outdoor section, pulling turbines will be seen inside while pushing will be seen outside.
Weapons will mostly be close range specialized to build around Force Field, a shield weapon designed to help you close in on opponents with increased speed and defense to make use of melee range weapons.

I am still opening up for "co-op mapping" if anyone would wish to work on Volt Man along with me.
Also I made a discord channel for this project for those who would like to give any other sort of assistance, such as feed back, ideas, or simply follow the production a bit closer.

September 21, 2016, 10:26:31 PM
Reply #41

Offline Rokim21

• Standard Member

• Obscure games deserve respect!
  • Date Registered: September 18, 2016, 01:55:11 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2016, 10:26:31 PM »

September 22, 2016, 12:14:32 AM
Reply #42

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2016, 12:14:32 AM »
Here my edit of the version 1.1(a?): http://www.mediafire.com/download/k7ej3haymt5hya2/dos-vbeta1.1b.pk3
Now that this is in the right place I'll go a bit more into detail.
This all incredible outdated, the only map in that version that is even staying in is Dyna, while the rest are going to be redone almost completely. I appreciate the interest in trying to do something with this really old version though. If you wanna help the project feel free to join the discord channel or message me somehow to see how you can help the new version, but try not to use that version since as I said it is obsolete.

April 17, 2017, 08:21:19 PM
Reply #43

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: Original DOS Completion Project - Off Hiatus
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2017, 08:21:19 PM »
WE ARE OFF HIATUS FOLKS

Kicking back into gear.
-=Maps=-
I've made a map for Bit Man, Dan also wants to try his hand at said map so there might be a second version to decide between, both versions might even end up in the expansion in the end with one acting as a bonus map.
I've also made a map for Shark Man, if anyone else wanted to try making Shark similar arrangement as above can be made.

-=Skins=-
While all the skins are complete I have decided to use new base sprites which I hope to have skins for in the future if there are any willing to assist in making them.
The bases are here
(click to show/hide)

-=Other Sprites=-
For actors we are going to be using some of the enemies designed for a DOS Remake which is why this project went into hiatus, I don't want all of the work to go to waste for now so there are some new enemies featured, some unused concepts from older games and some of the original enemies as well.
These ones are already 8-bit, but rotations are needed (not all frames need rotations, and the Telly doesn't need rotations)
(click to show/hide)
These 2 need to be converted to 8-bit and need rotations (Watchdog doesn't need to be walking)
(click to show/hide)

As before Discord Link is here for those who want to join to either help while keeping in touch easily, or simply see how the project is advancing along.

April 18, 2017, 02:40:40 AM
Reply #44

Offline Gumballtoid

• MM8BDM Extender

• Recipe for Success
  • Date Registered: July 13, 2011, 10:27:00 PM

• View Profile
Re: Original DOS Completion Project - Off Hiatus
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2017, 02:40:40 AM »
Glad to see you're moving away from straight-up edits. The new sprites look decently nice, to boot.