Advanced Search

Author Topic: Mega Man Awesome Network  (Read 28444 times)

June 23, 2012, 02:23:04 AM
Reply #15

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
Re: Mega Man Awesome Network ~ Coming Summer 20XX
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2012, 02:23:04 AM »
She's not going to walk, is she?

June 23, 2012, 02:30:55 AM
Reply #16

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2012, 02:30:55 AM »
Um... well, you see... uh... no.

She does have two different sprites for "floating" though, so it's not as bad as just "only moving up and down all around across the town". Also she's 8-directional because hands.

June 23, 2012, 03:23:43 AM
Reply #17

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2012, 03:23:43 AM »
That's a good thing.
it's also better than Kingman sliding

Also, do I actually have to progress on that guy this time?

June 30, 2012, 08:08:49 PM
Reply #18

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 08:08:49 PM »
slow but steady wins the race

July 11, 2012, 04:27:26 PM
Reply #19

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2012, 04:27:26 PM »
Awesome Roll! :D

Sprites of EXE looks really cool!  :D

(i hope for Heatman EXE <3 )

Good luck for to make the v1 !  :cool:

EDIT: It will be for this summer ??? I would want so much the v1 XDDDDD
Im sure, it will be awesome!

Next MM game for me: MM8BDM - EXE Classes mode !  :D

July 11, 2012, 05:37:42 PM
Reply #20

Offline Blues22475

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: June 26, 2012, 03:15:11 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2012, 05:37:42 PM »
Good luck to you guys. So far looks very awesome. Will be looking forward to this coming out.

July 11, 2012, 07:08:23 PM
Reply #21

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2012, 07:08:23 PM »
Thanks for the encouragement!

Megaman has just about finished the Roll class, so after a few more tweaks and changes we might be ready for another open release. The new build should contain the new class (Roll), balance fixes for the Style Changes and some Battle Chips, cleaner data structure, and some all-new Chips. There might be a few other things but I don't want to spoil it all!

Just in case something goes wrong though (like it ALWAYS does) I'm not making any promises. Like I said, we MIGHT be ready for another release, but I'm not moving the release date forward any. If we push it out earlier then great, but if not then oh well.

July 12, 2012, 05:20:41 PM
Reply #22

Offline megarockexe

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 12, 2012, 04:55:59 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2012, 05:20:41 PM »
Quote from: "SmashBroPlusB"

You may have known this already, but you didn't create the logo, I made everything in it. I'm fine with you using the Megaman Battle Network part, but there's no way you can use the head logo, aka, the TREZ Icon. I designed it for TREZ only and I don't give you permission to use it in any derivative work.

All I ask is that you remove it.
Thanks.

July 12, 2012, 08:36:53 PM
Reply #23

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• View Profile
this is probably the most formal thing I've ever posted here
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2012, 08:36:53 PM »
I'd like to thank you for being polite about this. I've seen things get ugly with art ownership in the past, and I'm glad none of that happened.

First off, I apologize if I made a mistake or anything, and I'll take it down for you and find a replacement somewhere. I remember seeing both pieces of art on your blog and in both of the posts you said that the source files were free to download and use for any purposes. I guess things changed since then and now The Rockman EXE Zone has ownership of that helmet, but I recall seeing the notice and thinking that I could use them freely. To be honest I have never been to TREZ so I was unaware of the problem.

I never claimed that I made the logo myself nor did I imply any such thing. Actually, I think I credited you somewhere. All that's water under the bridge I guess though.

I'm not even sure if you're going to stick around here and see this, really. I mean, you made an account for the sole purpose of slapping my metaphorical face, but if you ever decide to come back, I'd really love for you to check up on the project now and then. I can tell from following your blog that you're a huge EXE fan and I'd love even a passing glance.

Sorry for any trouble, and I hope we can be friends. Maybe. I guess.

SmashBroPlusB
Project Manager

July 13, 2012, 12:12:36 AM
Reply #24

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man Awesome Network ~ Coming Maybe Whenever
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2012, 12:12:36 AM »
Hi megarockexe, will you try this mode?

Anyways, SmashBroPlusB; you modified the title of the topic, what does it mean? *become crazy*

EDIT: Oh yeah, i have all the DVD of the serie, if you need a special sound, for the game, exemple, to make the taunts, i can try to search for you the sounds!  ;)

July 21, 2012, 05:49:49 AM
Reply #25

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2012, 05:49:49 AM »
this will be the most boring update known to man because there aren't any pretty pictures

FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS: I'VE GOT A BRAND-NEW DECK WITH ME

The original plan for AwNet involved having only one chip from a certain "family". For example, instead of having Shotgun, V-Gun, CrossGun, and Spreader, there would only be one of those chips. This also causes numbered chips to lose their numbers; instead of having Invis1, Invis2, and Invis3 for example, only a single Invis chip is present. This is the model that AwNet is currently using.

However, a few of the devs have been proposing the addition of chip families. Variations of the same chip will have different properties, and in AwNet a higher numbered chip won't automatically be better than lower-tiered chips in the same set. For example, the ShockWav family consists of grounded wave projectiles that cause ripping damage. SonicWav deals more damage than ShockWav, for example, but SonicWav also moves faster. This makes SonicWav easier to hit with and more consistent in its damage output, but if you land a solid hit with ShockWav it could be very rewarding, and could potentially deal more damage than ShockWav could.

Bear in mind that only select chips will receive family sets; for instance, Invis will most likely remain a single chip. Also bear in mind that certain chips will gain sets even if chip families are denied; an example would be the Recov series, which will get new variants (Recov50 and Recov80) even if no other chips get variants of their own.

SECOND ORDER OF BUSINESS: YEAH! I'M GONNA GET STUFF DONE TODAY

Thanks to Korby, the next public release of AwNet will contain a KingMan.EXE class in addition to the previously mentioned Roll.EXE class built by Megaman. KingMan won't have nearly as many chips as MegaMan or Roll, as he mainly focuses on three chips: PawnPldn (Pawn Paladin), RookBomb, and KngtStmp (Knight Stamp). Pawns swing their swords at enemies, Rooks explode upon taking enough damage but are otherwise harmless due to their immobility, and Knights hop around the battlefield crushing anyone unlucky enough to cross their path.

The next AwNet release will also feature a completely redone chip selection system. Before, chip draws occured on a "chip clumping" basis; this means that, say, if a player drew Cannon, they would receive three Cannon chips. Now chip draws occur "per chip", which means that a player may draw two Cannons and a Yo-Yo, though drawing three of the same chip is still totally possible. The chip probability has also been redone, with five tiers of rarity to balance chip usage and to provide for the possibility of Mega Chips (read: Navi summons) and Giga Chips.

THIRD ORDER OF BUSINESS: PANTS

As you are probably aware, MegaMan.EXE features four Style Changes in addition to his default configuration (Normal Style). ForteGigasGospel suggested the use of BN3's Styles (Shadow, Ground, and Bug) but I shot the idea down simply because it would mean that one of the four elements would only receive one Style while the other elements received two. However, the idea has resurfaced thanks to a suggestion from Korby and Copy Robot: the bonus elements seen in BN4 onward. Bonus elements would be used as the "base" for the new combinations, which are being proposed as Wind Shadow, Break Ground, and either Recovery Bug or Status Bug. Personally I'm all for the idea, but I wanted a little feedback from the community. What are your thoughts? Weigh in your opinions using the new poll at the top of the thread.

LAST ORDER OF BUSINESS: CALLING ALL CUTOPIANS

This last idea is a bit... ambitious, I should say, but I'd like to present it nonetheless. Basically, I would like to add a bit of voice acting to AwNet. The demand for voices is still somewhat far in the distance, but I'd like to get this "out of the way" so to speak, just in case anyone's interested immediately. The only requirements are that you'd have to be able to record your voice in a decent quality and at a reasonable pace. We're willing to work around your schedule (whatever that may be) but if a sound clip is needed then we can't be put on hold for two months. If you're interested, drop me some Cutmail and I'll give you more details.

Well, I think that's about it. Things are coming together surprisingly smoothly and I hope you'll stay tuned for the release!

July 21, 2012, 12:22:08 PM
Reply #26

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man Awesome Network ~ Because Yes
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2012, 12:22:08 PM »
O-M-G. Best day since i have buy Rockman EXE 6 JP (with navi mode).
Now it's EXE DOOM LIKE TIME SOON!

I will try it and told it to my friends in the Megaman Forums:
i will go to Megaman Planet and Rockman Generation FR!
I can go on RockmanAMV station too ^^

Good job everybody and Smashbroplusb !

July 22, 2012, 12:08:06 AM
Reply #27

Offline Davregis

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 16, 2011, 07:44:46 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2012, 12:08:06 AM »
Honestly, why must you use styles at all? Isn't "Megaman.exe" enough?

July 22, 2012, 12:48:32 AM
Reply #28

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2012, 12:48:32 AM »
Quote from: "SmashBroPlusB"
As you are probably aware, MegaMan.EXE features four Style Changes in addition to his default configuration (Normal Style). ForteGigasGospel suggested the use of BN3's Styles (Shadow, Ground, and Bug) but I shot the idea down simply because it would mean that one of the four elements would only receive one Style while the other elements received two. However, the idea has resurfaced thanks to a suggestion from Korby and Copy Robot: the bonus elements seen in BN4 onward. Bonus elements would be used as the "base" for the new combinations, which are being proposed as Wind Shadow, Break Ground, and either Recovery Bug or Status Bug. Personally I'm all for the idea, but I wanted a little feedback from the community. What are your thoughts? Weigh in your opinions using the new poll at the top of the thread.
Probably do the BN6 Element list.
Wind > Lock-On > Break > Sword
That would keep Shadow, Ground and Bug from having advantages over the 4 main styles in terms of having weaknesses.
Only thing I see is the lack of a the last element being used as an issue to that idea. Also obviously Ground gets Break (due to the the charge effect) where as Shadow and Bug could fit any of the other three.

July 23, 2012, 07:41:31 AM
Reply #29

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2012, 07:41:31 AM »
My heart will die! need the v1 ! XDDDD

Waiting is so HARD.  :lol:  :mrgreen:

Hummm, there will be Heatman.EXE or Iceman.EXE?  :cool:
We will see <3