Advanced Search

Author Topic: John Vyttal's thread of mods  (Read 2199 times)

November 10, 2016, 08:42:46 PM
Read 2199 times

Offline JohnVyttalRay

• Standard Member

• The flames of justice are eternal
  • Date Registered: September 12, 2016, 08:03:55 PM

• View Profile
John Vyttal's thread of mods
« on: November 10, 2016, 08:42:46 PM »
Silly name, for a thread, but ok, this will be my first mod that I did, but anyway. The idea of this mod came from a mod made by a user called "Rokim21", after seeing his mod, I loved the idea, the idea of the mod was replacing the mm1 musics by some musics created by a youtuber called  "Let's 8 Bit" (Link for his channel here:https://www.youtube.com/user/bsolmaz13/featured), he recreated the MM1 themes like if the game were done later in the series, he didn't only that, he also recreated the MMV music in 8 bits (and that, if cutstuff don't use his recreations, I'll update this mod to have it), and another things that are non-megaman related, but anyway, there was a small problem with Rokim21's mod music, they didn't looped, after that, he and I did a partnership to complete the work, since the musics were already extracted, I just needed to loop them, after 1 week and a half, I finish the mod, but this isn't over yet, it has more than just than "let's 8 bit" musics. It also has all the MM1 mugshots from MM8BDM recolored to look more like the bosses' real appearence. Well, I'm almost sure that running those mugshots in a real NES would blow it, but okay. (All the mugshots displayed below)
(click to show/hide)
And, still, it isn't just that, I replaced the titles of the games, if you played the campaign mode, remember when it had an icon to remember you in which game you were? so, I replaced them, the differences are, in the Mega Man 1 and 3 there was added an icon, being in the 1st game, it's a nes-ified title screen from the mm1 remake from wily wars and the 3rd game, being the icon from the japanese title screen, that was absent in the american title screen BUT, is in the weapon get process :
(click to show/hide)
In the MM2,MM4,MM5 and MM6, the roman numerals were replaced by our cardinal numbers. In MM7, MM8 and MM&B there are some obvious changes, being the MM7 and MM8 title screens being very interesting, because the MM7 and MM8 title screen are from Rock Man 7 and 8 FC. Both of them are here below:
(click to show/hide)
Well, I won't say the interesting fact about those two, but I'll just say both of them give a hint about something to you.Also there are some changes in the MM&B and Wily Tower title:
(click to show/hide)
Ok, there was so much text, so here the link to some of Let's 8 bit musics:
(click to show/hide)

November 21, 2016, 08:32:59 PM
Reply #1

Offline Rokim21

• Standard Member

• Obscure games deserve respect!
  • Date Registered: September 18, 2016, 01:55:11 PM

• View Profile
Re: John Vyttal's thread of mods
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 08:32:59 PM »