Advanced Search

Author Topic: "Super Weapon" revision  (Read 4111 times)

August 01, 2016, 10:36:18 PM
Read 4111 times

Offline JaxOf7

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: March 23, 2011, 03:56:13 AM

• View Profile
"Super Weapon" revision
« on: August 01, 2016, 10:36:18 PM »
Super weapons are basically weapons/items that are very powerful and thus they must be placed in difficult spots in maps so they don't dominate the game.
While some weapons can do better in some maps due to environmental factors, there are some weapons that are intentionally powerful no matter what you do.
LMS should give access to all non-super weapons. While everyone getting a super weapon is technically fair, it becomes too big a deciding factor in fights, and thus it would be less fun.

Extra note on map placement: MM9GAL's Black Hole Bomb is super and easy to get. This is fine, that's the weapon's RM, you can expect to see quite a bit of BHB use there.
Lightning Bolt is in a tricky spot in MMBDYN. This is still fine.
Non-super weapons can be placed in tricky spots too. Maybe the stage accomodates it or you just want to spice things up a little bit.
The only thing that is not fine is putting super weapons in easy spots in regular stages.

SO WHAT THEY ARE
Super weapons:
Time Stopper - very obvious
Gravity Hold - actually kinda lackluster against grounded foes, but it has huge potential against air, does good chip, and the power of preventing jumping is fairly powerful in itself.
Astro Crush - fairly obvious
Lightning Bolt - fairly obvious
Tornado Blow - strength a little lackluster, but it's disruption and high jump at the same time.
Black Hole Bomb - while the damage is a little less guaranteed than other super weapons, it is overall still very effective, destructive, and disruptive.

Super items:
Super Adaptor - fairly obvious
Treble Boost - fairly obvious
Etank - fairly obvious
Mtank - very obvious
Rush Jet - fairly obvious

Non-super weapons not in LMS but should be:
Time Slow - low ammo. it really doesn't hold up on its own.
Rain Flush - good radius damage, but takes being up close and waiting. just an overal alright weapon, not super.
Flash Stopper - this weapon actually isn't very good in general. Can really only use it to run away or open up enemies to teammate attacks. (Personally, I actually want this buffed to super weapon)
Centaur Flash - a little damage and a little sneaking around with invis. very utility, not really super.

Not-super items, seriously mappers stop putting it in hard-to-reach spots:
Eddie - yes it can potentially give you a super weapon, but it will also likely not. A lottery ticket doesn't cost 100 dollars, neither should you overestimate Eddie's worth.

August 02, 2016, 03:36:05 AM
Reply #1

Offline Russel

• MM8BDM Extender

• Doc Croc
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2010, 11:11:25 PM

• View Profile
Re: "Super Weapon" revision
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 03:36:05 AM »
I'm not sure what you're asking.

You just made a new topic for the same thing you posted in the MM7DW4 Centaur Flash topic.
Then you copy-pasted the same post. From the previous topic.

What are you asking?

I mean I might be blind or completely retarded but I honestly don't know what the purpose of this topic is.

August 02, 2016, 05:51:59 AM
Reply #2

Offline JaxOf7

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: March 23, 2011, 03:56:13 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 05:51:59 AM »
To be clear, I am requesting for the implementation of the remaining non-super weapons into the LMS rotation.
(Or in Flash Stopper's case, it could be buffed into a super weapon. Though LMS inclusion still fulfills the request.)

I guess what I'm overall pushing for is LMS inclusion to be what explicitly defines a super weapon.
I'm sorry I could not convey that clearly in that infodump/opiniondump.

August 02, 2016, 07:44:20 AM
Reply #3

Offline Orange juice :l

• Warrior
  • Date Registered: October 10, 2010, 08:41:18 PM

• View Profile
    • http://cutstuff.net/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=590
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 07:44:20 AM »
The idea of spawning into a (T)LMS match where all 10 players around me have rain flush frightens me.

August 02, 2016, 07:04:56 PM
Reply #4

Offline MusashiAA

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Byeah
  • Date Registered: February 16, 2010, 04:44:54 AM

• View Profile
    • My Covers on YouTube
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 07:04:56 PM »
It's fine, Rain Flush gives you time to escape its area of effect, and the smart move is to NOT spam it all over the place. Realistically, an scenario where you can't escape Rain Flush's area of effect most likely involves getting swarmed by enemies at spawn/corners/small rooms or a really small map/room that lacks proper cover.

October 01, 2016, 08:41:19 AM
Reply #5

Offline Xhatahx

• Standard Member

• *sregnif sevaelretni* stenet wef a evah I
  • Date Registered: September 03, 2016, 07:21:47 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 08:41:19 AM »
One of the things Jax said is that Eddies are being put in too hard to reach places. I agree, so I looked around and searched for all of the stages that have Eddie in them. And I made three lists about where the Eddies are placed.
Badly placed:
(click to show/hide)
Well placed:
(click to show/hide)
Borderline:
(click to show/hide)