Advanced Search

Author Topic: Project "Assassin"(Mafia mode) thrilling name...i know..  (Read 70781 times)

April 04, 2012, 10:06:02 PM
Reply #240

Offline Darkseed

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 20, 2011, 01:18:19 AM

• View Profile
Re: Project "Assassin"(Mafia mode) thrilling name...i know..
« Reply #240 on: April 04, 2012, 10:06:02 PM »
Quote from: "Michael712"
Yeah maybe not classes, but I honestly support the idea of Knife+Weapons. Maybe the weapons could do half the damage if you're the assassin?

The base skin replacement is on my skin page. It works by replacing the PLAY sprites in the game. This does however make the Megaman skin and bot look like sniper joe, but eh
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2026

And I think MegamanMafia V5A is good. Maybe MegamanMafia2?

You said you were working on V5, can you send me some of the Code over pm? Such as Sniper Joe skin and such what you want to see. Just in case. Ill have the Server Vote Later.

I have a list. If anyone has anymore ideas post them here. This'll end tomorrow so post NAOW!

BTW HOW COME WHEN I PUT ON SERVER NO ONE COMES??? I HAVE SKINs!

April 05, 2012, 08:22:32 AM
Reply #241

Offline BiscuitSlash

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 20, 2010, 12:49:25 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 05, 2012, 08:22:32 AM »
Sorry. Making this was harder than I thought, so I've hardly managed to do anything yet. I could send you what I've done, but it wouldn't be worth it.

The chaos generator upgraded does however have a random weapon thing in it that gives everyone the same weapon. If you made different groups of this for each weapon type (long range, rapid, short range, power, special/AoE, shield), then everyone could have the same weapons which might be a good idea.

Also make sure junk shield doesn't appear in the rotation. Everyone using that causes lots of lag.

April 05, 2012, 09:13:34 PM
Reply #242

Offline Darkseed

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 05, 2012, 09:13:34 PM »
Quote from: "Michael712"
Sorry. Making this was harder than I thought, so I've hardly managed to do anything yet. I could send you what I've done, but it wouldn't be worth it.

The chaos generator upgraded does however have a random weapon thing in it that gives everyone the same weapon. If you made different groups of this for each weapon type (long range, rapid, short range, power, special/AoE, shield), then everyone could have the same weapons which might be a good idea.

Also make sure junk shield doesn't appear in the rotation. Everyone using that causes lots of lag.

Im sure everyone has the same weapon in Lms. And junk shield has since been out of the rotation along with others. I'll add this only 1 weapon(+knife) idea to the list. Then we shall vote tomorrow.

April 05, 2012, 10:21:59 PM
Reply #243

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 05, 2012, 10:21:59 PM »
... I just got an idea of how to make this work like Doom mafia but still keep it in a Mega Man theme.

The "townies" would start with the Scatter Buster, a weak weapon that's designed to distract any mafia players who are chasing you while you make your escape. Main fire would shoot a four-shot spread with bullets dealing 3 damage each, and is good for hitting an evasive foe. It also shoots at a decent enough firing rate so if you team up with another townie or two you could take down a mafia player with good cooperation. Alt-fire shoots three 2-damage bullets and a larger 6-damage stunning shot in succession one after another (similar to Needle Cannon and Yamato Spear firing in groups of three even if you only press Fire once), but the attack has a delay after firing similar to Spark Shock. This not only means that the target will recover from Shock before you can shoot again, but it also means that this attack is only really suitable if you have a good "lead" on your target as the shots shoot in a relatively straight line.

Townies also start with two Exit Units (make a duplicate Red Exit Unit to get around the "one only" limit; it also helps to tell the two apart while scrolling through items) and three Item-1's to help them evade the mafia as well as to find a good hiding spot or make a quick escape.

The "mafia" would have two weapons, the Scatter Copy and the Assasin's Cloak. The first weapon, the Scatter Copy, is for the most part a duplicate of the Scatter Buster used to help the mafia blend in to their surroundings, though it should be noted that the alt-fire's fourth projectile has the appearance of the Wily Capsule thunder ball instead of Spark Shock. Observant players can pick up on this difference to spot the mafia players. The other weapon, Assasin's Cloak, is a short-range melee punch capable of killing a player in a single hit. Now I know what you're thinking, "How do I land a hit when everyone has spread shots?" Unfortunately there is no ONE answer to that question. You'll just have to figure out how to fool the townies and catch them off-guard! The alt-fire is a cloaking device that enables the user to become near-invisible for a decent period of time, and the ammo regenerates whenever the weapon is not in use. Notice how I said near-invisible; the player is mostly hidden, though their general form can still be easily spotted at close to medium range (think of old YD Shadow Man's "stealth" during movement). If it's possible, the cloak will create the teleporting "blee-blee-blee-blee" effect when it's activated, to make it appear like an Exit Unit from a far range.

Mafia players, like the townies, begin the game with three Item-1's (this is, again, to help them blend in better). They don't receive any Exit Units, but will instead receive three Trap Mines and a Smoke Bomb. Trap Mines drop to the ground and linger for about two seconds before flickering away and becoming invisible. The mines have a VERY small hit radius (I'm thinking 3 x 3 would be ideal) but are instantly triggered when touched and deal heavy (but not OHKO) damage to those affected, even if the player who triggered it was the one who set the mine in the first place. Note that the mines won't detonate until they "flicker away" and turn invisible, giving the user time to move away from the bomb. The invisibility delay also makes this item only truly effective as a trap, because other players will notice if you set any mines while they are watching you. The Smoke Bomb should, for the most part, be pretty self-explanatory. It simply scatters smoke graphics in all directions to allow the user to make a hurried escape via Assasin's Cloak.

So, what do you think?

April 06, 2012, 03:11:25 AM
Reply #244

Offline Darkseed

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 06, 2012, 03:11:25 AM »
Quote from: "SmashBroPlusB"
... I just got an idea of how to make this work like Doom mafia but still keep it in a Mega Man theme.

The "townies" would start with the Scatter Buster, a weak weapon that's designed to distract any mafia players who are chasing you while you make your escape. Main fire would shoot a four-shot spread with bullets dealing 3 damage each, and is good for hitting an evasive foe. It also shoots at a decent enough firing rate so if you team up with another townie or two you could take down a mafia player with good cooperation. Alt-fire shoots three 2-damage bullets and a larger 6-damage stunning shot in succession one after another (similar to Needle Cannon and Yamato Spear firing in groups of three even if you only press Fire once), but the attack has a delay after firing similar to Spark Shock. This not only means that the target will recover from Shock before you can shoot again, but it also means that this attack is only really suitable if you have a good "lead" on your target as the shots shoot in a relatively straight line.

Townies also start with two Exit Units (make a duplicate Red Exit Unit to get around the "one only" limit; it also helps to tell the two apart while scrolling through items) and three Item-1's to help them evade the mafia as well as to find a good hiding spot or make a quick escape.

The "mafia" would have two weapons, the Scatter Copy and the Assasin's Cloak. The first weapon, the Scatter Copy, is for the most part a duplicate of the Scatter Buster used to help the mafia blend in to their surroundings, though it should be noted that the alt-fire's fourth projectile has the appearance of the Wily Capsule thunder ball instead of Spark Shock. Observant players can pick up on this difference to spot the mafia players. The other weapon, Assasin's Cloak, is a short-range melee punch capable of killing a player in a single hit. Now I know what you're thinking, "How do I land a hit when everyone has spread shots?" Unfortunately there is no ONE answer to that question. You'll just have to figure out how to fool the townies and catch them off-guard! The alt-fire is a cloaking device that enables the user to become near-invisible for a decent period of time, and the ammo regenerates whenever the weapon is not in use. Notice how I said near-invisible; the player is mostly hidden, though their general form can still be easily spotted at close to medium range (think of old YD Shadow Man's "stealth" during movement). If it's possible, the cloak will create the teleporting "blee-blee-blee-blee" effect when it's activated, to make it appear like an Exit Unit from a far range.

Mafia players, like the townies, begin the game with three Item-1's (this is, again, to help them blend in better). They don't receive any Exit Units, but will instead receive three Trap Mines and a Smoke Bomb. Trap Mines drop to the ground and linger for about two seconds before flickering away and becoming invisible. The mines have a VERY small hit radius (I'm thinking 3 x 3 would be ideal) but are instantly triggered when touched and deal heavy (but not OHKO) damage to those affected, even if the player who triggered it was the one who set the mine in the first place. Note that the mines won't detonate until they "flicker away" and turn invisible, giving the user time to move away from the bomb. The invisibility delay also makes this item only truly effective as a trap, because other players will notice if you set any mines while they are watching you. The Smoke Bomb should, for the most part, be pretty self-explanatory. It simply scatters smoke graphics in all directions to allow the user to make a hurried escape via Assasin's Cloak.

So, what do you think?

Well uhh.....I'll uh... Let the others think about that.

April 23, 2012, 10:44:53 PM
Reply #245

Offline Darkseed

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 23, 2012, 10:44:53 PM »
Umm....anyone know how to make a vote thing on here?

BTW FIXED THE FILE NAME THING! SERVERS ARE NEW ACCESSABLE!

April 23, 2012, 11:04:02 PM
Reply #246

Offline Darkseed

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 23, 2012, 11:04:02 PM »
New thread made in WIP Forum.

http://www.cutstuff.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4294

post anthing related to that there please.