Advanced Search

Author Topic: MEGA MAN ROCK FORCE EXPANSION (V3) - V6B COMPATIBLE  (Read 160644 times)

October 04, 2016, 01:19:53 AM
Reply #165

Offline Jakeinator

• Justice League Member

• Me draw ooga booga
  • Date Registered: September 13, 2011, 06:26:12 PM

• View Profile
Re: MEGA MAN ROCK FORCE IS RELEASED (V1)
« Reply #165 on: October 04, 2016, 01:19:53 AM »
I am so glad I got to be a part of this expansion and I am so glad that we were able to push through and make this a reality without the expansion losing steam as most have before. I am so proud of myself that I was able to put in two maps into this expansion that multiple people deemed as good and worthy enough to be among the rest of the teams despite being filled with some of the best mappers. I am also thankful to Mike himself who gave us his blessing close to the time of release, helping do some quality control and giving us these awesome medals. But enough about declaring I at the start of every sentence. Max, your leadership skills are impeccable, you fat dragoness. You were able to pull cutstuff out of this rut of just never finishing any big fan projects and hopefully this marks the beginning of more fan expansions to come.

October 04, 2016, 01:26:13 AM
Reply #166

Offline Gumballtoid

• MM8BDM Extender

• Recipe for Success
  • Date Registered: July 13, 2011, 10:27:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 04, 2016, 01:26:13 AM »
I'm a bit perplexed. This doesn't even appear to be completely finished. Skins are missing, weapons are generally unpolished, and the campaign ends on a "to be continued" footnote.

Simply put, it seems like the expansion was released prematurely.

October 04, 2016, 01:42:13 AM
Reply #167

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 08:10:13 PM

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #167 on: October 04, 2016, 01:42:13 AM »
Max, your leadership skills are impeccable, you fat dragoness.

o-oh jeez that's me huh

Um
I wasn't really thinking that hard when I made Fuse Man so long ago - I just thought it would be fun like when I made MMU weapons and never really went anywhere with that
But then I made Virus
and I made Shock
and after a long-ass time of planning and getting things ready I thought you know what this can go ahead

If you want your expansions to succeed you need
- proof of concept when you start it, and a significant portion already done so people don't waste their time
- be involved in the work and force progress if you have to
- keep everyone up to date and make their contributions feel appreciated and like they're responsible for it rather than it being absorbed into an unfeeling unthinking borg that would replace it / do things without permission - I struggled a lot with this on the core dev team and I feel like if someone makes anything they should be at least informed on what is happening to it.

I'm not perfect and I lose my temper and act unhelpful sometimes
and I couldn't have done it without all my contributors

Thanks to LlamaHombre for inspiring me to start the expansion when he said he'd be down to make a Rock Force map all the way back in March or so when I started work. Thanks even more for sticking to it and releasing the first map not from myself. The hype train wouldn't have taken off if it wasn't for you.

Thanks to Mendez for basically carrying the other half of the expansion on his back. He probably stopped the expansion from stalling by himself, and provided you all with a set of 12 maps instead of 8 when he went above and beyond to make Flare Man and begin the fusion set. Thanks for getting us through tough times when Circuit was dropped and Pulse was void.

Thanks to Sonicfam for practically co-leading the project. First person to sign up, allowed me to bounce a lot of ideas off, and responsible for your awesome boss fight. Keeping things going behind the scenes while other contributors made the maps and skins deserves special thanks.

Thanks to Jakeinator for bringing fresh talent and an impressive dedication to the team. When he signed up I didn't even put him down for the map. I had no idea what he'd do. He blew me away and Crypt is still one of the prettiest and nicest flowing maps in the game, alongside the frantic Terror. I hope I nurtured his desire to become better.

Thanks to FTX6004 for being so involved in skin making and finishing / helping with skins many others weren't able to do. I saw many War Men (a personal favourite) and Photon in the server, and without him we'd probably be struggling at 5 skins or so.

Thanks to Dimpsy for working hard and fast on the first skins and providing basis for more. Charade certainly helped fuel the hype and Fuse was genuinely impressive.

Thanks to Lego for providing the final pieces of the puzzle and lending his expertise. Pulse is a blast to play on and I couldn't have done better myself, which I was preparing to do anyway.

Thanks to JaxOf7 for doing what I was unable to do and creating a genuinely amazing Charade Clone. And thanks for touching up all those weapons. People deserve to know how bad Shock Gauntlet would have been without you, and I hope they appreciate the love of details and small bonuses in your work.

Thanks to Dr. Freeman and Watzup for finalising the first set of fusions and doing something I genuinely thought was impossible. I had no idea we'd manage to get every fusion in the first release!

Thanks to Raze. I'm sorry it was so hard for you and I wish I could've eased the load more. Hope it was worth it.

Thanks to Bass44, Blaze... Kirbymariomega... Everyone who contributed anything from a sound effect to an idea to a model that I didn't get to use (thanks Yoshiatom).

Genuinely proud of you all.
Glad we made it bois
no memes here just love

October 04, 2016, 01:44:26 AM
Reply #168

Offline MegaVile

• Standard Member

• [Necromancer of Saxton Hale]
  • Date Registered: August 06, 2016, 06:25:54 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 04, 2016, 01:44:26 AM »
o-oh jeez that's me huh

Um
I wasn't really thinking that hard when I made Fuse Man so long ago - I just thought it would be fun like when I made MMU weapons and never really went anywhere with that
But then I made Virus
and I made Shock
and after a long-ass time of planning and getting things ready I thought you know what this can go ahead

- proof of concept when you start it, and a significant portion already done so people don't waste their time
- keep everyone up to date and make their contributions feel appreciated and like they're responsible for it rather than it being absorbed into an unfeeling unthinking borg that would replace it / do things without permission - I struggled a lot with this on the core dev team and I feel like if someone makes anything they should be at least informed on what is happening to it.

Thanks to LlamaHombre for inspiring me to start the expansion when he said he'd be down to make a Rock Force map all the way back in March or so when I started work. Thanks even more for sticking to it and releasing the first map not from myself. The hype train wouldn't have taken off if it wasn't for you.

Thanks to Mendez for basically carrying the other half of the expansion on his back. He probably stopped the expansion from stalling by himself, and provided you all with a set of 12 maps instead of 8 when he went above and beyond to make Flare Man and begin the fusion set. Thanks for getting us through tough times when Circuit was dropped and Pulse was void.

Thanks to Sonicfam for practically co-leading the project. First person to sign up, allowed me to bounce a lot of ideas off, and responsible for your awesome boss fight. Keeping things going behind the scenes while other contributors made the maps and skins deserves special thanks.

Thanks to Jakeinator for bringing fresh talent and an impressive dedication to the team. When he signed up I didn't even put him down for the map. I had no idea what he'd do. He blew me away and Crypt is still one of the prettiest and nicest flowing maps in the game, alongside the frantic Terror. I hope I nurtured his desire to become better.

Thanks to FTX6004 for being so involved in skin making and finishing / helping with skins many others weren't able to do. I saw many War Men (a personal favourite) and Photon in the server, and without him we'd probably be struggling at 5 skins or so.

Thanks to Dimpsy for working hard and fast on the first skins and providing basis for more. Charade certainly helped fuel the hype and Fuse was genuinely impressive.

Thanks to Lego for providing the final pieces of the puzzle and lending his expertise. Pulse is a blast to play on and I couldn't have done better myself, which I was preparing to do anyway.

Thanks to JaxOf7 for doing what I was unable to do and creating a genuinely amazing Charade Clone. And thanks for touching up all those weapons. People deserve to know how bad Shock Gauntlet would have been without you, and I hope they appreciate the love of details and small bonuses in your work.

Thanks to Dr. Freeman and Watzup for finalising the first set of fusions and doing something I genuinely thought was impossible. I had no idea we'd manage to get every fusion in the first release!

Thanks to Raze. I'm sorry it was so hard for you and I wish I could've eased the load more. Hope it was worth it.

Thanks to Bass44, Blaze... Kirbymariomega... Everyone who contributed anything from a sound effect to an idea to a model that I didn't get to use (thanks Yoshiatom).

Glad we made it bois
no memes here just love
> Idea
If only that gave us medals

October 04, 2016, 03:00:17 AM
Reply #169

Offline Raze

• Justice League Member

• An alternative to venom for robotsss? Elementssss!
  • Date Registered: July 24, 2015, 11:32:35 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 04, 2016, 03:00:17 AM »

Glad we made it bois
no memes here just love

I did the Virusman skin... and I may have given up on Cryptman, but FTX certainly was a strong replacement and i'm glad he took it over...
I was on the verge of crying, doing my best to not let it sink in and let it all out, but I couldn't... I feel great knowing how far we came, despite my small contribution with Virusman and his sprites. If he weren't simplistic, I don't know what I would do...

Virusman was a cool character to look at, even more that he was simplistic... I love all of you guys, and I am happy to hear this coming from those that contributed. From small-time spriters who got acknowledged with a medal (me with Virusman again), to the people who put their backs into it and was majorly shouted out to for their amazing achievement (Mendez, or Bluebrawl [old name]. had it not been for him, an old deceased friend of mine wouldn't have played MM8BDM, and I wouldn't have seen it for myself back in V3B-C, and I wouldn't have been a contributer to everyone around this community...) I'm glad I joined you guys. The drama may never cease; we shall live on for a brighter future however!!

I shall leave with this note, thank you everyone. And thank you for playing... Presented by Max! See you next update, stay awesome community.

October 04, 2016, 03:07:08 AM
Reply #170

Offline Mendez

• MM8BDM Extender

• Yesterday's World
  • Date Registered: July 25, 2010, 05:23:05 AM

• View Profile
    • My Youtube (BlueBrawl)
« Reply #170 on: October 04, 2016, 03:07:08 AM »
In response to GBT, I agree that the expansion is unfinished but currently contains enough maps to be considered an expansion, which is why it was released just as Pulse Man was completed. Hopefully, this shouldn't discourage any of us from continuing with the next set of maps and skins. If anyone wants to help finish up the skins while the team finishes more maps, please let Max know. However, please show proof that you can make good sprites and skins. The main reason this expansion moved this quickly with this level of quality is because you're looking at mappers/spriters with YEARS of experience under their belt. We don't want another LemonPig incident, where we turn away people far too eager for glory and not eager enough to learn.

October 04, 2016, 03:22:49 AM
Reply #171

Offline Jakeinator

• Justice League Member

• Me draw ooga booga
  • Date Registered: September 13, 2011, 06:26:12 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 04, 2016, 03:22:49 AM »
Just slap an early access onto it and it should be fine, right? Anyways, for what we have it is definitely more than enough for some form of release. This at the very least isn't like the v2a incident. Also, the campaign ends on a too be continued because waiting on 20 maps to be made is just asking for development hell.

October 04, 2016, 05:35:34 AM
Reply #172

Offline Raze

• Justice League Member

• An alternative to venom for robotsss? Elementssss!
  • Date Registered: July 24, 2015, 11:32:35 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 04, 2016, 05:35:34 AM »
In response to GBT, I agree that the expansion is unfinished but currently contains enough maps to be considered an expansion, which is why it was released just as Pulse Man was completed. Hopefully, this shouldn't discourage any of us from continuing with the next set of maps and skins. If anyone wants to help finish up the skins while the team finishes more maps, please let Max know. However, please show proof that you can make good sprites and skins. The main reason this expansion moved this quickly with this level of quality is because you're looking at mappers/spriters with YEARS of experience under their belt. We don't want another LemonPig incident, where we turn away people far too eager for glory and not eager enough to learn.

Well, I guess 2 years can count as years. I just rose like a dead zombie and just helped out.

But hey, I guess that doesn't detract from how well i've done.
(Maybe I shouldn't be quoting the people on the team often... It's kinda bad for me, isn't it?)

October 04, 2016, 01:24:37 PM
Reply #173

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
« Reply #173 on: October 04, 2016, 01:24:37 PM »
If the expansion doesn't get finished I will take the medals away and send everyone to cutstuff jail  :ugeek: :ugeek:

October 04, 2016, 02:43:55 PM
Reply #174

Offline GameAndWatcher

• Standard Member

• Gosh!
  • Date Registered: April 03, 2011, 05:44:04 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 04, 2016, 02:43:55 PM »
I noticed that currently, the "Justice League" replaces the Dr. Wily Team. I ask why when the Cossack team is currently the only unused team in the main campaign?

October 04, 2016, 02:57:50 PM
Reply #175

Offline Mendez

• MM8BDM Extender

• Yesterday's World
  • Date Registered: July 25, 2010, 05:23:05 AM

• View Profile
    • My Youtube (BlueBrawl)
« Reply #175 on: October 04, 2016, 02:57:50 PM »
I think that decision is based on how most team-based servers just have two teams: Light and Wily. If Cossack was replaced instead of Wily, you would rarely get the chance to see the justice league as a team.

October 04, 2016, 08:32:48 PM
Reply #176

Offline Yoshiatom

• Standard Member

• Procrastination Woman
  • Date Registered: May 29, 2016, 07:59:25 PM

• View Profile
    • Check out the award-winning COP MARIO today!
« Reply #176 on: October 04, 2016, 08:32:48 PM »
Am I late to the release party? Stupid UK timezones...

Although there's some critique I'd like to give (like an issue with MMRFSHO, though Max said it's been fixed), for now I'd like to say that the expansion feels as if lots of effort was put into and I look forward to it's next release!

And no I'm not just praising it because I got in the credits

If the expansion doesn't get finished I will take the medals away and send everyone to cutstuff jail  :ugeek: :ugeek:

No-no officer... please... it was only a 3D model!

October 04, 2016, 08:34:23 PM
Reply #177

Offline Superjustinbros

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor

• Something
  • Date Registered: October 29, 2012, 03:32:09 AM

• View Profile
    • http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com
« Reply #177 on: October 04, 2016, 08:34:23 PM »
I have a small thing I'd like to bring up regarding Power Man's map.

Maybe for the elevating wave platforms, you could make the undersides of them solid but still transparent so ducking players can't break the map (since you can't get under otherwise)

Very well done with the expansion and congrats for the medal.

October 04, 2016, 09:41:38 PM
Reply #178

Offline JaxOf7

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: March 23, 2011, 03:56:13 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 04, 2016, 09:41:38 PM »
Oh shi, release
I don't have much to say about that.

Here's some more stuff.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fxqancyy7ym8079/MMRFSHINRYU.pk3
So first off a music pack
replaces the Crypt Man and Death Man music with the songs used in Shinryu(Shinryuu82)'s playthrough.
Just put in your skins folder and you're good to go.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2k7n9r6renf4fa6/CircuitBreakerHUD.pk3
These are some alternate HUD animations I made for Circuit Breaker during development. It bothered me that the HUD uses 1 hand when Mega used 2 hands in the source game.
Max didn't like them.
I don't want the work to be lost though.

October 04, 2016, 11:24:05 PM
Reply #179

Offline Superjustinbros

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor

• Something
  • Date Registered: October 29, 2012, 03:32:09 AM

• View Profile
    • http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com
« Reply #179 on: October 04, 2016, 11:24:05 PM »
A small error with Plauge's map: