Advanced Search

Author Topic: Llama's Own Resources and Wishes  (Read 9260 times)

January 21, 2013, 07:57:41 PM
Read 9260 times

Offline LlamaHombre

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 15, 2010, 09:19:04 PM

• View Profile
    • My Famitracker Covers
Llama's Own Resources and Wishes
« on: January 21, 2013, 07:57:41 PM »
Howdy.

I used to sprite all the time back in the day, and while I don't necessary do that anymore, I notice a lot of people doing so and I thought perhaps some kind enough soul could finish something I could never do.

Gravity Beetle is among my favorite Mavericks to come out of the X series, and I think that he deserves a skin of his own. Hence why I started. Then some shocking realizations hit me, including the fact that getting this thing to move would be a downright pain in the ass. I've always wanted to finish this skin, but I physically couldn't. Should someone decide to take this broken dream and make a masterpiece of it, I promise I'd support it to the end.

I do have some other things, but none of them are as important in my eyes as this. If you want to make something out of anything on this post, go ahead. That's why it's in the Resources section, after all.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

I likely will update this thread someday with covers I don't need that someone can have but for now this is all.

January 21, 2013, 08:07:14 PM
Reply #1

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

• View Profile
Re: Llama's Own Resources and Wishes
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 08:07:14 PM »
Up to Konroman, I liked them. But the last two didn't amuse me much. You should continue Shadow, that is looking pretty nice.

January 22, 2013, 01:42:05 AM
Reply #2

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 01:42:05 AM »
Doopliss has its own little story and the reasoning he stopped working on it has to do with Smashbro, iirc.

February 01, 2013, 03:01:29 AM
Reply #3

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 03:01:29 AM »
I'm putting this here cause Llama is the one who started it, I just did a few things real quick with it to add some frames.

I picked the same frame as his first shooting frame for his running frame because I personally would think it would be cool to have him leaned forward as he ran. Also I picked the Flame Mixer over Flame Shower frames cause shower wouldn't look as proper with him shooting shots forward (though Pharaoh Shot on the other hand)
There are 3 hurt frames cause I wasn't sure which looked better.
Lastly, I added his right shoulder visible in his forward stand.

Edit: Added a back standing frame.
Edit2: Added grounded foot to run frame 3.

December 06, 2014, 09:59:55 PM
Reply #4

Offline LlamaHombre

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
    • My Famitracker Covers
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 09:59:55 PM »
Couple of recent things, I guess. Probably won't be skinning any more (the ambition's there, but the skill is not), so feel free to use any of the sprites in this thread and touch them up to your leisure. Nothing in this spoiler is anywhere near complete though so don't get too excited.

(click to show/hide)

As an aside, if there are any of my covers you'd be interested in using for a game mode or a map pack or even just to look at the FTM, feel free to just let me know and I'll try to deliver. Might outright avoid doing so for some of the ones on here just because some of them are just not good but whatever I'll fix them up later.

Probably just going to rip tilesets from shit at this point - I've been meaning to rip one or two stages from Shovel Knight for a while now, but I simply haven't had the time/motivation to do so.

Happy pickings.

January 17, 2015, 02:59:53 AM
Reply #5

Offline LlamaHombre

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
    • My Famitracker Covers
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2015, 02:59:53 AM »
Heyo! Some of you may have done some catching up on my Finish That Map! 2 entry that I've been working on over the past month or so.
It's based off the Egg Corridor Revisited from Cave Story, and as a result I needed to do some work with tilesets and stuff. So while I'm not the best kind of person for this, and I'm pretty sure it breaks limitations at points, I'm still rather satisfied with how it turned out.

Here's the tileset in question, on top of the two mockups I used to assemble the tileset.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Perhaps I'll do more tilesetting in the future, as I enjoyed myself this time around. Hopefully you enjoy!

December 09, 2015, 08:55:06 PM
Reply #6

Offline SSOmega11

• MM8BDM Extender

• You have chosen this path... Now you must walk it.
  • Date Registered: October 22, 2015, 02:20:21 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 08:55:06 PM »
Beautiful sprites of Zero and Hivolt.

December 09, 2015, 09:00:27 PM
Reply #7

Offline LlamaHombre

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
    • My Famitracker Covers
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 09:00:27 PM »
fuck me I never gave credit

umm I think the Zero base was made by brotoad, and the Hivolt base was done by Gaia from the sprites inc forums. (http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=493&page=2)

I did the partial rotations but I've lost the ability to work on anything more graphically complex than downcoloring tilesets so I stopped

December 09, 2015, 09:41:54 PM
Reply #8

Offline SSOmega11

• MM8BDM Extender

• You have chosen this path... Now you must walk it.
  • Date Registered: October 22, 2015, 02:20:21 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 09:41:54 PM »
I see.