Advanced Search

Author Topic: TMK4's Workshop (News regarding grad life and, oh, Saxton Hale too)  (Read 159277 times)

June 04, 2013, 09:27:35 PM
Reply #30

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 17, 2010, 05:35:11 AM

• View Profile
Re: TMK4's Workshop (HideandSeek-v1a.pk3 released!)
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2013, 09:27:35 PM »
Apparently putting Clientside on some of the scripts is messing them up. For SH, the health only reflects your own (so unless you're the hale, you only see the number 100), not the hale's, unless you are the hale. My problem right now is that the timer will not count down in Hide and Seek if I do Clientside on the two timers. Putting both timers to Open does not even make them appear. Mess may have to explain how he got his result in Rage Roboenza, and I think lately he has been very busy...

June 04, 2013, 10:44:38 PM
Reply #31

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2013, 10:44:38 PM »
Quote from: "TailsMK4"
Apparently putting Clientside on some of the scripts is messing them up. For SH, the health only reflects your own (so unless you're the hale, you only see the number 100), not the hale's, unless you are the hale. My problem right now is that the timer will not count down in Hide and Seek if I do Clientside on the two timers. Putting both timers to Open does not even make them appear. Mess may have to explain how he got his result in Rage Roboenza, and I think lately he has been very busy...

Figured where I derped. It didn't have anything to retrieve hale health and store in a variable.
http://www.mediafire.com/?yxl51r21r22tt1w

Just doesn't work. I have one very last idea, but it makes the game "unpredictable" for spectators (if they are not assigned a TID): use an inventory as a variable, then use a script to quickly sweep and restock the inventory in relation with hale health, and have it happen per tic.

EDIT: My very last attempt. Worked with bots, hopefully will work in an actual server without killing it. Very experimental, but is better than nothing...
www.mediafire.com/?9hw8vy4lwhy7o6q

June 05, 2013, 03:42:47 AM
Reply #32

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2013, 03:42:47 AM »
That is a weird way of doing the health, but I can confirm the health goes down as it should. Trying it on the server...

EDIT: No CLIENTSIDE? Hmm...

June 05, 2013, 04:02:55 AM
Reply #33

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2013, 04:02:55 AM »
That is a weird way of doing the health, but I can confirm the health goes down as it should. Trying it on the server...

EDIT: No CLIENTSIDE? Hmm...

One script does a rapid clean up of everyone's inventory and gives a number of an item corresponding to current hale's health (or hales, or timer). The script that does this sweep is similar to the one in my attempt of making bots use a single OPEN script rather than having them called individually when they spawn/respawn. So, the counter is now handled by SBARINFO and Inventory Control, rather than HudMessage

June 19, 2013, 08:01:23 PM
Reply #34

Offline Darkseed

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 20, 2011, 01:18:19 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2013, 08:01:23 PM »
I like with what you have done with my old mod, Tails. Nice to know people still care bruh *Bro fist*

June 20, 2013, 09:41:46 PM
Reply #35

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member

• View Profile
Re: TMK4's Workshop (Deciding what to do next...)
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2013, 09:41:46 PM »
Hey, welcome back. You seemed to have disappeared, so I thought I would give your mod a try. I wasn't sure what direction to try to take with the mod, so all I did was try to fix it up. Now that I have some more experience under my belt, though, I might do a little more. If you want to resume your mod, though, go for it.

EDIT: So right now I am still thinking of what project I want to resume. This is kind of my thinking process right now as far as how likely I might resume a project:

1. The racing mod. Still need to finish up Ice Man's map and start work on Guts Man's, and try to polish the mode some more. Lot of work ahead.
2. Mafia fixes. Polish up the assassin more and maybe do some maps. Will have to look back through the list and maybe do some ideas Darkseed had. Now if he wants to resume his mod, I'll let him take the wheel, but I can help out if he wants to. Relatively low stress work ahead, I think.
3. Hide and Seek. Bunch of bugs to squish that persisted since Day 1. Previous attempts to squish them failed. Fun, fun, fun.
4. Saxton Hale fixes. Might attempt a fix for R3 to bring it closer to R5, but without all of the crashing shenanigans. May or may not attempt to get it to work with Powered Up and RNC. (Proto Strike appeared recently and TKed players, so it might not be a bad idea to attempt the fix. I also had thought of perhaps trying out PU's Time Slow weapon and maybe put it in the rotation.)
5. Start a new project/fix? Hmm...

June 24, 2013, 04:19:49 PM
Reply #36

Offline Darkseed

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 20, 2011, 01:18:19 AM

• View Profile
Re: TMK4's Workshop (Deciding what to do next...)
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2013, 04:19:49 PM »
Sorry, everyone. But i will not be resuming work on Mega Man Mafia. Tails, if you wish, you may continue work on it under a new name and any other changes. It's in your hands now...No pressure...

And my disappearing? Well MM8BDM Hasn't been as fun as before and we are losing so many people. Servers are empty except maybe one Saxton Hale server but that is all. Maybe Tails could make an awesome mod that will bring us back?
...no pressure...

June 27, 2013, 07:08:14 AM
Reply #37

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member

• View Profile
Re: TMK4's Workshop (Saxton Hale Overhaul Released)
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2013, 07:08:14 AM »
I hope this finally finishes all the fixing for Balrog's Saxton Hale. I will say it has been a great learning experience working with this mod, though. I do not intend to work with this mod anymore unless anything MAJOR shows up. Enjoy.

June 30, 2013, 01:05:10 PM
Reply #38

Offline FTX6004

• MM8BDM Extender

• aaaaaaB
  • Date Registered: August 07, 2012, 05:12:49 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2013, 01:05:10 PM »
Ninja Spy, and Gilgamesh have their skins from R5.

You could say i made them you know so the new people knows i made it.

June 30, 2013, 08:36:24 PM
Reply #39

Offline <geminibro>

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: June 30, 2013, 07:49:22 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2013, 08:36:24 PM »
Alright TMK4, time to put your coding skills to work! I have a hale suggestion.
--
Name: Wii Fit Trainer
Health: 2500
Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWS2y4KlQ3g
Appearance: http://thenintendohome.files.wordpress. ... =383&h=295
Attack: Pose Shockwave, she does the tree pose, and a cross-shaped pattern around her, which slowly moves away from her.
Rage Attack: Her final smash from the new smash bros game.
Super Jump: Yes.

July 12, 2013, 08:09:59 AM
Reply #40

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member

• View Profile
Re: TMK4's Workshop (Nothing for now)
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2013, 08:09:59 AM »
Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up as to what is coming later on...well, technically it's today, but it's like 3 in the morning for me. I will be hosting an open beta test server of Hide and Seek v1c. A few of the major issues were taken care of. Here are some of the things coming in the beta:

-10 weapons to choose from. You guys wanted to camouflage better, so I did what I could to have a weapon for the major colors we know of. In the future I may design some weapons in order to help everyone blend in better. They will not do any damage, of course.
-The moving around issue for the Hiders may be fixed. You will still be able to look around, change weapons, and shoot, though you will just be giving yourself away if you do shoot. :lol:
-The Seeker now has a Super Jump.
-The timer is a little different...I know it's not exactly the BEST spot for it, but you will be able to see if you are running out of time, and it may cut down on crashing. Cannot say for sure without getting you guys involved in the testing, right?
-Not in as of this post, but there will be a change in music for the last survivor...

Some notes to keep in mind:

-You still can die if you end up on something like the sewer water in Toad Man's stage and be unable to move. However, since you will have the timer in your sight at all times, you can avoid that scenario. Trying to make this any more restrictive only created more bugs, to the point where players could not die at all. Try not to do stupid things, ok?
-I tried to keep the text for the timer as small as possible. Hopefully it does not block your vision.
-There may be other bugs that I have not caught yet. These bugs I cannot detect unless there are a large number of people playing at once.
-I do not plan to make this compatible with bots. It is already broken with bots as is, and they are stupid enough to try to kill you anyway instead of hide.

July 12, 2013, 10:46:15 AM
Reply #41

Offline The Killer Nacho

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 03, 2013, 06:14:13 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2013, 10:46:15 AM »
Although my current time zone situtation prevents me from 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM your time (the best time to play for you most likely -_-), I'd be happy to beta test this and I'm really looking forward to see the output of your hard work in this update  :D.

July 12, 2013, 08:48:37 PM
Reply #42

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2013, 08:48:37 PM »
I will be hosting on BE, so yeah, just join in if you happen to be online, Nacho.

Download link will be up shortly, just want to get my test server ready. Again, I must look through the maps since some maps are not suited for Hide and Seek. I should let you guys know that since last night I added one additional thing:

-Added a Lightning Round. I believe this is pretty similar to the way someone did Hide and Seek in Doom. You have a short amount of time to find a spot, and the Seeker's time is reduced as well to try to find people. Right now this is set to be a 1 in 3 chance of occurring.

July 13, 2013, 01:37:51 AM
Reply #43

Offline ZeStopper

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 15, 2013, 04:06:13 AM

• View Profile
    • http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh
Re: TMK4's Workshop (Hide and Seek V1C beta released!)
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2013, 01:37:51 AM »
If you're taking ideas, I'd like to suggest a mod. The mod would focus on adding archetype classes to this game. Classes like a Scout, Tank, Sniper, stuff like that. They would have to use weapons included in the game but can not pick up any other weapons except their presets.

July 13, 2013, 01:39:31 AM
Reply #44

Offline Ceridran

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: April 07, 2012, 01:08:52 AM

• View Profile
    • http://ceridran.tumblr.com/
Re: TMK4's Workshop (Hide and Seek V1C beta released!)
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2013, 01:39:31 AM »
.. Don't we have something like that? It was called Special Classes.

Unless I'm not getting what you're saying.