Advanced Search

Author Topic: Justified Classes v4b Beta 14  (Read 371445 times)

January 25, 2014, 05:53:06 PM
Reply #15

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
Re: Justified Classes v1ah
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2014, 05:53:06 PM »
Y'see, the difference is THE CORE ISN'T EXACTLY LIKE THE 2D GAMES BECAUSE IT WAS AGREED THAT IT WAS DUMB. There is a REASON why the Mega Buster's "3 shot" code doesn't exist anymore, there's a REASON the A_Recoil(1)s in the pain state are commented out, there's a REASON why every shield weapon is not the same as it was in the original games.

To make something like this both canon and good, you have to take into account that it is a 3d, fast paced, arena styled deathmatch first person shooter. Using conventions from 2d games simply to be more accurate instead of considering how it would work in this game is bad game design, and should be fixed.

Also, I don't see you making Power stone spin vertically instead of horizontally. Not even KY did that, and he was trying to be MORE accurate than you guys.

EDIT:
Quote from: "Stardust"
Off topic, but I feel like every attempt from people who haven't spent 5 years in this forum are badly received.
I'm not saying this mod doesn't have its good points. I'm more outraged by what's been said in this topic.

It's also making me edit my posts a whole ton.

January 25, 2014, 06:04:45 PM
Reply #16

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer
  • Date Registered: August 28, 2011, 04:46:04 PM

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2014, 06:04:45 PM »
Things "may" be more balanced, but that doesn't necessarily make them fun or even useful.

January 25, 2014, 06:06:07 PM
Reply #17

Offline Gumballtoid

• MM8BDM Extender

• Recipe for Success
  • Date Registered: July 13, 2011, 10:27:00 PM

• View Profile
I'm talking about Lum, for the record
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2014, 06:06:07 PM »
This mod gave me the true-to-the-games experience I could never get with YD classes, and I'm enjoying it vastly more. It fees a bit more casual than YD, but that's why I like it. However, the attitude of one of the developers in this topic bothers me considerably. A lot of your claims have no reasoning or evidence. Why would less bouncy bubbles be more useful? I myself haven't found them useful at all. It's vastly easier to hit someone with them when they can barely jump over them.

THAT ASIDE

I also think Sparkman's HUD ought to be widened. Being able to see is kinda important.
Oilman and Timeman's HUDs hurt my eyes, particularly Timeman's. It suffers from a problem YD Plantman suffered from in Software, pre-v3, that being his hand is one solid color.
Oilman's skin colors remind me of MS Paint. They're simply ugly. He ought to get the same treatment he got in the core.
Iceman and Waveman have lighter blues on their Ice Slasher and Water Wave, and Iceman himself is that same lighter blue. I mean, it's canon, so why not implement it???

January 25, 2014, 06:08:19 PM
Reply #18

Offline Fyone

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 09, 2011, 06:43:36 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2014, 06:08:19 PM »
Quote from: "Rozark Kyouko"
Things "may" be more balanced, but that doesn't necessarily make them fun or even useful.

I'm not sure if you're implying that these classes aren't fun, but you certainly gave no backbone to this statement.

January 25, 2014, 06:13:01 PM
Reply #19

Offline Fyone

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: I'm talking about Lum, for the record
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2014, 06:13:01 PM »
Quote from: "Gumballtoid"
This mod gave me the true-to-the-games experience I could never get with YD classes, and I'm enjoying it vastly more. It fees a bit more casual than YD, but that's why I like it. However, the attitude of one of the developers in this topic bothers me considerably. A lot of your claims have no reasoning or evidence. Why would less bouncy bubbles be more useful? I myself haven't found them useful at all. It's vastly easier to hit someone with them when they can barely jump over them.

THAT ASIDE

I also think Sparkman's HUD ought to be widened. Being able to see is kinda important.
Oilman and Timeman's HUDs hurt my eyes, particularly Timeman's. It suffers from a problem YD Plantman suffered from in Software, pre-v3, that being his hand is one solid color.
Oilman's skin colors remind me of MS Paint. They're simply ugly. He ought to get the same treatment he got in the core.
Iceman and Waveman have lighter blues on their Ice Slasher and Water Wave, and Iceman himself is that same lighter blue. I mean, it's canon, so why not implement it???

We probably will fix the Sparkman HUD we simply used the old HUD from KY; we can also fix Timeman's HUD for shading and such as for Oilman I don't see any problem. Iceman and Waveman we make that change sure.

January 25, 2014, 06:13:32 PM
Reply #20

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer
  • Date Registered: August 28, 2011, 04:46:04 PM

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2014, 06:13:32 PM »
Quote from: "Fyone"

I'm not sure if you're implying that these classes aren't fun, but you certainly gave no backbone to this statement.

I gave plenty of backbone.
You/the mod says this is "more balanced than YD classes" while being strictly canon, yet some of these "canon" things are clearly bad, not fun, or just aren't even worth the time to use them.

January 25, 2014, 06:18:33 PM
Reply #21

Offline Fyone

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2014, 06:18:33 PM »

I gave plenty of backbone.
You/the mod says this is "more balanced than YD classes" while being strictly canon, yet some of these "canon" things are clearly bad, not fun, or just aren't even worth the time to use them.

If they are clearly bad I wouldn't mind you pointing them out; that's what I meant by backbone, you just stated they aren't fun without giving any reasoning. Also as I said we try not to be completely strict to canon; if the canon distorts gameplay then we wouldn't go completely canon as I stated above.

January 25, 2014, 06:24:44 PM
Reply #22

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2014, 06:24:44 PM »
The three outstanding classes you pointed out are strong, two of which are absolutely overpowered, but the difference here is that a MAJORITY, compared to three, of classes in this mod are UNDERpowered.

Also as I said we try not to be completely strict to canon; if the canon distorts gameplay then we wouldn't go completely canon as I stated above.

...Quickman?

January 25, 2014, 06:29:53 PM
Reply #23

Offline Stardust

• Enthusiast
  • Date Registered: July 15, 2012, 07:42:47 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2014, 06:29:53 PM »
Quick's dash is similar to Blizzard Bowling. Going fast and not being able to control while using it. Yet there wasn't any complain about Blizzard's control.

January 25, 2014, 06:33:29 PM
Reply #24

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2014, 06:33:29 PM »
The difference is it thematically doesn't make sense for Blizzard to be able to turn. He's rolling in a large snowball, and probably doesn't have much control on where he's going.

Quickman was LITERALLY BUILT to go that fast, AND FASTER, so trying to think he can't turn during it just baffles me to no end.

January 25, 2014, 06:39:11 PM
Reply #25

Offline Superjustinbros

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor

• Something
  • Date Registered: October 29, 2012, 03:32:09 AM

• View Profile
    • http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2014, 06:39:11 PM »
IMHO Terra should have his colors from Rockman 4 Minus Infinity, so he and the Spark Chaser are primarily blue instead of… green. Heck it's been established in promotional artwork that Terra's Spark Chaser is meant to be blue.

Uranus' front sprite is a bit dopey-looking; you could remove one column of pixels between the eyes to get a less derpy-looknig Uranus.

At least the HUD sprites are quite good, though I dunno why you went with RM7FC Slash instead of MM10 Slash.

Reminds me of in Saxton Hale Rebirth with what happened to Gilgamesh and Morshu. More canon to source =/= better to play as.

January 25, 2014, 06:40:48 PM
Reply #26

Offline Fyone

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2014, 06:40:48 PM »
Quote from: "Korby"
The difference is it thematically doesn't make sense for Blizzard to be able to turn. He's rolling in a large snowball, and probably doesn't have much control on where he's going.

Quickman was LITERALLY BUILT to go that fast, AND FASTER, so trying to think he can't turn during it just baffles me to no end.

We could have made him like that in the base stats but we didn't because of balance just because Quick can theoretically go Mach 9 speed doesn't mean he should If we defined a speed limit for Quickman and he can go above that limit we should give him limitations when he gets the boost. It also does damage so that's a thing.

January 25, 2014, 06:43:55 PM
Reply #27

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2014, 06:43:55 PM »
I don't think he should have gone faster, I find it ridiculous that he can't turn during it, when he could obviously be able to do that, especially when it's not even his "theoretical" max speed that you mentioned.

January 25, 2014, 06:47:37 PM
Reply #28

Offline Fyone

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2014, 06:47:37 PM »
Quote from: "Korby"
I don't think he should have gone faster, I find it ridiculous that he can't turn during it, when he could obviously be able to do that, especially when it's not even his "theoretical" max speed that you mentioned.

It also damages as stated above it was done to balance the move.

January 25, 2014, 06:51:43 PM
Reply #29

Offline Fyone

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2014, 06:51:43 PM »
Quote from: "Superjustinbros"
IMHO Terra should have his colors from Rockman 4 Minus Infinity, so he and the Spark Chaser are primarily blue instead of… green. Heck it's been established in promotional artwork that Terra's Spark Chaser is meant to be blue.

Uranus' front sprite is a bit dopey-looking; you could remove one column of pixels between the eyes to get a less derpy-looknig Uranus.

At least the HUD sprites are quite good, though I dunno why you went with RM7FC Slash instead of MM10 Slash.

Reminds me of in Saxton Hale Rebirth with what happened to Gilgamesh and Morshu. More canon to source =/= better to play as.

All of the MMV colouring and such was based off of the wiki we aren't going to change it to blue just because Rockman 4 MI did.

As I said we intended to make the gameplay as good as possible; you're not giving any examples on which classes have this issue.