Advanced Search

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Projects & Creative / Re: MEGA MAN ROCK FORCE IS RELEASED (V2)
« Last post by Armatage on Today at 04:16:06 AM »
It seems like "salvage crew" implies that the project was abandoned beyond this point, but did anyone have plans for a finished campaign?
Projects & Creative / Re: MM8BDM Fishing!
« Last post by SaviorSword on May 20, 2018, 06:58:38 PM »
There is a major "problem" that needs to be fix'd, and some of the folks above have address'd it.
Tornado can blow players away from Totems, Ryu can shove players with Shinku Hadouken, and there's probably other classes that can push folks off of the Totem.

Anywho, there is a bug that is 100% replicable and it's interestin' to say the least.
Step 1: Use 10 Fishin' Upgrades.
Step 2: Die.
Step 3: Ya can now only fish up stuff from the pool and ya'll have a 100% chance of fishin' up Squids only. Special items like the Murder Knife and Totem still appear as normal, but I'm not sure of other special items will appear as well (Duck, Baby Octo, etc.).

The last bug I have is that the Ball and Chain trap's spike ball is invisible for some reason. That could use a fix. Though honestly I'd rather see that remove'd instead.

I have a few suggestions:

-Add an item or server command that allows removal of items spawn'd by Crabs.
-Add a server command/puke that gives rare items to the command caller (Baby Octo, Duck, Frog, etc.).
-Add more monster relate'd events. I've made up my own "Police Raid" event from time to time and folks seem to enjoy it.
-Make the common fish have some use after gettin' max upgrades.
-Make rare items drop on death.
Events / Re: Cutstuff Mapping Jam 5: Paper Jam
« Last post by LlamaHombre on May 20, 2018, 03:33:53 AM »
Sent my piece in. Looking forward to seeing everyone's work!
Help & Editing / Setting up a server through doomseeker?
« Last post by Athrizel on May 19, 2018, 11:43:23 PM »
I remember a while back there was a site that gave a tutorial on how to set up a server through doomseeker, it involved clicking on the # symbol to go to a specific channel, then you would enter commands from there, but I can't for the life of me remember how this is done. Anyone know what I'm talking about? Any help would be appreciated.
Projects & Creative / Maestroid Prime Hunters - A Metroid Based Overhaul
« Last post by Sonicfam1102 on May 19, 2018, 10:30:25 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Maestroid Prime Hunters - A Metroid Based Overhaul

A joint project between Max, Jax, and myself, this mod aims to bring the class-based experience of Metroid Prime Hunters into 8BDM. With this, Maestroid Prime Hunters sees the return of Metroid Prime Hunter's 6 main weapons and many game mechanics such as jumping after walking off of ledges, rocket jumping, and affinity bonuses. In addition, the mod includes a reworked LMS pickup system which can be toggled on or off with the use of the "MPH_PrimeLMSStyle" server variable.

Classes
Spoiler for Hiden:
Samus
Spoiler for Hiden:
Defense : 100%
Speed : 100%

Affinity : Missile Launcher
Affinity Bonus : Missiles have homing properties when charged.
Kanden
Spoiler for Hiden:
Defense : 120%
Speed : 95%

Affinity : Volt Driver
Affinity Bonus : Charge shot has homing properties and scrambles the screen of enemies hit.
Weavel
Spoiler for Hiden:
Defense : 85%
Speed : 105%

Affinity : Battlehammer
Affinity Bonus : Splash radius on explosion is much larger.
Trace
Spoiler for Hiden:
Defense : 70%

Affinity : Imperialist
Affinity Bonus : Cloak when standing idle with the Imperialist.
Noxus
Spoiler for Hiden:
Defense : 120%

Affinity : Judicator
Affinity Bonus : Charge shot is replaced with a freezing ice wave.
Spire
Spoiler for Hiden:
Defense : 140%
Speed : 90%

Affinity : Magmaul
Affinity Bonus : Charge shot explosion is larger and causes burn damage over time.
Sylux
Spoiler for Hiden:
Defense : 85%
Speed : 110%

Affinity : Shock Coil
Affinity Bonus : Damage dealt is partially returned as a heal.
Screenshots
Spoiler for Hiden:

Download Here!
Mirror

Credits
Spoiler for Hiden:
Weapons except Shock Coil: Max + Sonicfam1102
Shock Coil: JaxOf7
Class Base + Afterburn: JaxOf7
Pickups + Prime LMS: Sonicfam1102
All Sprites: Max
Various Huds: CBM/Core/MMSP

Note : This mod WILL CRASH if you have a skins in your skin folder while attempting to load it. It's an unavoidable bug due to the fact that there's no Megaman class, instead Samus replaces him.
« Last post by TheDoc on May 19, 2018, 10:05:03 PM »
I wouldn't say it's a dumb question. I was wondering the same thing campaign-wise, too, but just didn't ask.
« Last post by Athrizel on May 19, 2018, 04:30:15 PM »
Forgive me if this is dumb, just a tad confused honestly. But is there going to be a V2 of the main expansion? Because I see the rock force weapons in the images for the new maps of the map pack, but they aren't there if you load everything with the first version of the main expansion, (not to mention other issues). So, please excuse the dumb question, I do understand this was resurrected fairly recently.
Help & Editing / Re: connecting problem
« Last post by thefencer9123 on May 17, 2018, 09:24:22 PM »
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.i am so dumb thx
Events / Re: Cutstuff Mapping Jam 5: Paper Jam
« Last post by YairDude on May 17, 2018, 06:30:00 AM »
just what i needed to get motivation to map again!
Events / Cutstuff Mapping Jam 5: Paper Jam
« Last post by Dr. Freeman on May 17, 2018, 05:23:14 AM »
Cutstuff Mapping Jam 5: Paper Jam

Hello everyone, its Dr. Freeman and welcome to the fifth Cutstuff Mapping Jam! Another year has flown by and you know what? Now sounds like a pretty swell time to make some maps! 8BDM itself might be on a hiatus, but this jam keeps on trucking!

But wait! You may be asking! I have no idea what this even is and why are weird robot masters poorly edited over a Mario & Luigi game's artwork?
Well, I can answer the first question! The Cutstuff Mapping Jam is something that's been going on for a few years now, and it's pretty much when the community gets together to make some maps! Both newcomers and veterans are welcome as always! In fact, I definitely encourage anyone who has thought about mapping but hasn't actually tried to give it a shot here!

What are the rules this time around? As usual, we're working in two phases. The classic "make a piece" phase that hasn't really changed at all from the last 2 jams, and a new second phase!

Basically, everyone is going to make a map piece (more details below) and submit it to me. This map piece will pretty much act as your sign up. After two weeks of piece submissions, every mapper will be assigned two pieces belonging to someone else and will have to make a map with those pieces!
However, that is not all! This year, I have gathered a large list of words in a nifty little book (and by book, I mean text document). These words range from things like "Castle" and "Ocean" to more abstract things such as "Jump" or "Beam". Everyone will be assigned two words at random, and those words must be applied to the map in some way, shape, or form! It could be something obvious such as the texture set or the setting, or it could be something else like a stage hazard, a general aesthetic, or just about anything! If you can figure out a way to apply a word to the map that makes sense, I'll buy it!

However, we have plenty of time before we worry about the words. Lets' talk a little more about the pieces, as that is the first phase!

Spoiler for Hiden:
-Map Pieces can be no bigger than 1024x1024 units. This doesn't mean it has to be a perfect square. As long as it fits within those units.

-Keep textures simple. You aren't keeping these pieces anyway so don't go to town on aesthetics. Whoever gets your piece can do some of that!

-Pieces will be quality controlled and possibly rejected for the following reasons.

The map piece is just a big empty square.
    Incredibly convoluted with a ton of 3D floors.
    It's straight up unplayable

If you have ANY concerns about your map piece as you're making it, please contact me and I'll do my best to help you out!

-Please refrain from adding scripts, weapons, and items to your piece. Adding a full fledged gimmick to a map piece is a little crazy, and weapons and items can easily be subject to change in the final map. People are also able to add their own gimmicks and whatnot to the map pieces when creating the final map.

That's all for the map piece side of things!

For the second phase...
Spoiler for Hiden:
As said above, everyone will be assigned two words that must apply to their map in some way, shape, or form. This can be something obvious, or a more loose term. If you can give me a good explanation, even one that's cheeky, I'll likely be satisfied!

For an example, let's say I get the word "Breezy". That could mean some wind theme going on such as fans, or something similar to Cloud Man's stage. But, if you desired you could attribute that to a relaxing outdoors area that would be "breezy" to say. I'm going to play it rather loose with definitions so as long as you try something that makes sense, you should be fine. As long as there's SOMETHING there.

As always, if you're unsure when we get to that phase, just run it by me and I'll be sure to help clear things up!

And lastly, while these words can be a lot of things, I've limited to things that should be possible to make with core assets alone. Custom assets are completely and totally allowed, but not mandated. And I don't want anyone who is uncomfortable with working with custom assets to be forced to use them just because of a theme. So don't worry about that!

As said above, the way you sign up is by simply submitting your map piece! As soon as you do, you'll be all ready to dive into phase 2! It's important to note that if you don't make a map piece, you will be unable to participate in the full jam!

All map pieces are to be submitted to me either by PM or over Discord (You can find me at Freems#2222). Giving a healthy two weeks, all piece submissions will close on 11:59 EST on May 31st. At that point, we'll discuss phase 2, give out map pieces and words, and get to work!

That should be everything! If you have any questions, feel free to ask and thank you all so much! Now let's get out there and make a jam!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10