Advanced Search

Author Topic: Still netplay problem.  (Read 1342 times)

February 11, 2017, 07:34:40 AM
Read 1342 times

Offline Reincarnation

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 29, 2015, 11:30:53 AM

• View Profile
Still netplay problem.
« on: February 11, 2017, 07:34:40 AM »
Hi,everyone,around this time I cannot create my server again! :(
But,I'm sure that I forwarded my ports,and the PFPortcheker told me my port was actrually opened.
Then,the problem appeared!when I createting my server,I cannot find it from doomseeker.
So,what should I do to let my server appear?not ip conect method.

February 11, 2017, 09:32:08 AM
Reply #1

Offline Russel

• MM8BDM Extender

• Doc Croc
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2010, 11:11:25 PM

• View Profile
Re: Still netplay problem.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 09:32:08 AM »
If someone can connect through your external IP, that means your port is indeed forwarded.

I know your text there says you forwarded your ports, but you should really check them against the old tutorial someone must have linked you previously. Once again. I know you said you forwarded your ports, but always start here when you can't see your server.
The primary thing to note here is that internal IPs change from time to time, especially if you use a laptop or multiple people connect to your network.

You can test to see if this works properly by having someone else who isn't on the same network attempt to connect using your external IP address, which can typically be found at https://www.whatismyip.com/.

If you're completely sure the necessary port is forwarded to the proper internal IP, then make sure to set sv_broadcast true, sv_updatemaster true, and sv_enforcemasterbanlist true.

After all this is done, your server should show up on DoomSeeker. There is a chance your firewall settings might be blocking access to your server. However, if this is a problem, no one would be able to connect to your server even through direct IP connections.

February 17, 2017, 01:39:08 PM
Reply #2

Offline Reincarnation

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 29, 2015, 11:30:53 AM

• View Profile
Re: Still netplay problem.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 01:39:08 PM »
If someone can connect through your external IP, that means your port is indeed forwarded.

I know your text there says you forwarded your ports, but you should really check them against the old tutorial someone must have linked you previously. Once again. I know you said you forwarded your ports, but always start here when you can't see your server.
The primary thing to note here is that internal IPs change from time to time, especially if you use a laptop or multiple people connect to your network.

You can test to see if this works properly by having someone else who isn't on the same network attempt to connect using your external IP address, which can typically be found at https://www.whatismyip.com/.

If you're completely sure the necessary port is forwarded to the proper internal IP, then make sure to set sv_broadcast true, sv_updatemaster true, and sv_enforcemasterbanlist true.

After all this is done, your server should show up on DoomSeeker. There is a chance your firewall settings might be blocking access to your server. However, if this is a problem, no one would be able to connect to your server even through direct IP connections.
Maybe,I found the problem.I tried to get my ip adrress from different websites.the ip adrress was different.I think this is the problem.