Advanced Search

Author Topic: TMK4's Workshop (News regarding grad life and, oh, Saxton Hale too)  (Read 159170 times)

October 03, 2016, 07:33:30 PM
Reply #540

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 17, 2010, 05:35:11 AM

• View Profile
Re: TMK4's Workshop (News regarding grad life and, oh, Saxton Hale too)
« Reply #540 on: October 03, 2016, 07:33:30 PM »
I know this thread hasn't been updated in some time, but due to new real life responsibilities, I have not done any work for some time. I am now in my first semester of graduate school and will have a decent workload to work with. Due to this, I have not even touched the revised Saxton Hale in some time. So while I do not have anything to present at this time (and not for a while), I will just present the rest of what I have to say in a question and answer format.

What is the current status of the project?

On hiatus for the time being. I may work on it whenever I do not have much work to do, but I would not expect major progress for a while.

When will this come out?

Best guess is at least after V6 of MM8BDM. I do not have much of a team to work with, and I have little time and will to work on the project. Therefore I cannot give even an accurate guess at this time. So I do not get misquoted, there is no release date planned at this time. Not only that, there is still a lot of progress to be made before I can even allow the team's beta-testers to help out.

Any content coming from other SH mods?

Yes, a good amount of content from SHR++ will be in here, as well as from other SH mods. In particular, my impression was that all bosses except for NeoDS and Slenderman will return regarding bosses from SHR++. Some of them have been ported, others have been started on, but not fully usable, and others have not been started at all. I cannot recall what bosses were being worked on by the time I stopped doing work on it.

Wait, so this means you're not adding onto SHR++?

That is correct, SHR++'s code is very confusing to work with, not to mention has quite a lot of bugs in it, so I will be modeling it off what remained of Rebirth prior to the merge with Stardust. The last public hotfix to SHR++ also introduced concerns about servers unable to continue hosting the mod after some number of battles (I have determined the crashing issue to not be related with either Talbain or Slenderman darkness gimmicks, but rather memory issues). Rebirth is a lot more stable, but outdated, so it made more sense to work with that and apply some of the stuff that R++ introduced later. I have permission to use SHR++ as I see fit from Stardust, in case anyone is wondering if I'm doing is ok. Much of the boss behavior and such will be ported from SHR++, though, so think of SHR++'s bosses but in a much more stable mod (there are a few exceptions where some bosses will be done from scratch).

So what's been done so far?

I don't recall everything I've done, but among the things I do remember:

-Had people start work on a new set of classes that focused around teamwork (not Teamwork Classes or Teamstyle). I haven't checked on the people in a while, and I doubt much work got done since I stopped working since the people doing them have other projects. I'll check with them at a later time.
-Implemented a major gameplay change that still is the LMS format of the battles, but changes the pace of the matches to be quicker.
-Changed how bosses are controlled so more attacks can be added to each boss. I'll talk more about this once the project is much further along.

I can't give an accurate percentage of how much work has been done, but I would say the basic gameplay of the mod is almost done. The bosses and classes are nowhere near finished, though. I also want to add a few new bosses once all of this is done, so I'd say I've probably done 10% of everything I've wanted to do before the first release. Yeah, it's going to be a while, and for the time being I'm soloing the entire effort (aside from classes and a few bosses other team members said they were going to do). I might ask again for more help from the community later if there's interest.

I think that's all for now, I'll edit or post later if I think of anything else. Basically, don't expect much progress to be made for a while unless I get some Decorate help (ACS I can handle myself), and I cannot think of anything that a spriter can help with, and MAYBE a bonus feature in the future is for mappers to design maps around a boss's theme. This is all theoretical, however.

EDIT:

Are you accepting new boss ideas at this time?

No, due to how little progress the mod has made so far. I'd rather not promise something then continue to stay quiet for months. I am not accepting boss requests until I am at the point where I can work on new bosses, and that will not be for a while. Now changes or enhancements to bosses from other SH mods...I probably wouldn't look at it for a while, but you can leave it here if you wish. I just will not look into new bosses for a while.

December 01, 2016, 08:05:11 AM
Reply #541

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 17, 2010, 05:35:11 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 01, 2016, 08:05:11 AM »
So yeah, still no news on the mod itself, but I figure I may as well just say that I probably won't maintain this thread anymore since my interest in modding in general is pretty much gone, plus I want to keep my plate fairly empty. With that said, though, I have created a new Discord server for Saxton Hale, which will also include discussions on the mod I'm working on. For anyone interested, here it is:

https://discord.gg/WR9dvTp

Further updates regarding the mod will be mentioned on Discord. Hope to see many of you there!

December 02, 2016, 01:22:22 AM
Reply #542

Offline SaviorSword

• Standard Member

• Yar har, fiddle dee dee...
  • Date Registered: January 01, 2011, 02:13:30 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 02, 2016, 01:22:22 AM »
No worries, now to join the brotherhood of ghostliness soon!