Advanced Search

Author Topic: FGG Maps [Beta Maps on Page 11]  (Read 39770 times)

June 30, 2012, 08:11:44 PM
Reply #90

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
FGG Maps Touching up older maps
« Reply #90 on: June 30, 2012, 08:11:44 PM »
Nothing new just gave Dynaman Proto a facelift using Nemz' textures.

Not toooo keen on the selection of floor based textures with there being only 2 and all.
(click to show/hide)

Middle floor with some new textures
(click to show/hide)

The caves now have two new paths each to connect the ends also quick boomerangs
(click to show/hide)

More weapons all round both on and off the main path to give incentive to go looking for better weapons and opponents.
(click to show/hide)

Lastly that god awful conveyor belt room got a good face lift where it is a bit more like Danger Wrap in Yamato Man's map.
(click to show/hide)

Old scraped version of Skull MI may be in the next release of this if I get around to updating this.
Also Torch Proto is being swapped since it is going into the DOS expansion in place of the other one, which is going here in its place.

July 27, 2012, 06:59:48 PM
Reply #91

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: FGG Maps [FGDM-V1b]
« Reply #91 on: July 27, 2012, 06:59:48 PM »
FGDM-V1b: I wanted to get this out for Mapchella, the only change is Dynaman Proto so that map is quiet AS bad.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tyk6pizfbt8o1nb

That is the whole change log, want screenshots of the new look, check the prior post.

December 27, 2012, 05:49:15 PM
Reply #92

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: FGG Maps [POLL]
« Reply #92 on: December 27, 2012, 05:49:15 PM »
Before updated my Deathmatch pack for V3 I wanted to get some opinions. I'm holding a poll to see what maps I should get rid of or keep (upgrade). If you have suggestions on how I can improve a map, please please pleeeease give it, I wanna be a lot less stingy about this and I will do (almost) all recommended suggestions.
Also I will be putting all maps that will not be redeemed into my "Crap Pack" which I will title "FGGCP" for use with Best Map Ever servers if wanted.
Now I wanna critic my own maps but I'm gonna spoiler it to keep this not TL:DR. I AM giving negative reviews of my maps.
(click to show/hide)
Ok, their is my attempted unbias review of my DM pack. The poll is up for 7 days, please help me make this pack better to improve maps by me in the future.

December 29, 2012, 09:19:03 PM
Reply #93

Offline SaviorSword

• Standard Member

• Yar har, fiddle dee dee...
  • Date Registered: January 01, 2011, 02:13:30 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 29, 2012, 09:19:03 PM »
If ya had screens of each map, that'd be nice to remind each of us on which maps' what.

December 30, 2012, 12:14:48 AM
Reply #94

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2012, 12:14:48 AM »
Quote from: "SaviorSword"
If ya had screens of each map, that'd be nice to remind each of us on which maps' what.

They were all on the first page but here they are as a refreasher. I updated the pictures for Torch and Dyna for this. Also I don't remember but the textures for Torch should have been made better since those screenshots were taken.

Quote from: "fortegigasgospel"
FGDM01 - Forest River:
(click to show/hide)

FGDM02 - Pac Map:
(click to show/hide)

FGDM03 - Dynaman Proto:
(click to show/hide)

FGDM04 - Blood Gulch:
(click to show/hide)

FGDM05 - The Pit:walkways, watch where you are stepping.
(click to show/hide)

FGDM06 - Castle Cortyard:with this. Crowrangs are numerous.
(click to show/hide)

FGDM07 - Torchman Proto:
(click to show/hide)

FGDM08 - Orbital Elevator: Three floors and an elevator shaft, the "ground level" is the only part with normal gravity.
(click to show/hide)

FGDM09 - Simple Deathmatch:
(click to show/hide)

FGDM10 - Sand Pit:
(click to show/hide)

Edit: I forgot to put Castle Courtyard in the poll, that map sucked so hard even I forgot about it.

December 30, 2012, 09:23:17 AM
Reply #95

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer
  • Date Registered: August 28, 2011, 04:46:04 PM

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2012, 09:23:17 AM »
Edit: I forgot to put Castle Courtyard in the poll, that map sucked so hard even I forgot about it.

That map reminds me of Elecman's stage, but it could definitely use more weapons.

December 31, 2012, 01:10:34 AM
Reply #96

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2012, 01:10:34 AM »
Quote from: "Rozark"

That map reminds me of Elecman's stage, but it could definitely use more weapons.
And less crowrangs. I hate the map myself honestly so I'm probably putting it into crappack regardless. I will fix the crowrang and weapon problem before release of it though, all maps will also probably get weapon reworks to mix some V3 ones in them before they get canned.

January 03, 2013, 06:27:18 PM
Reply #97

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2013, 06:27:18 PM »
Ok so the votes are in.
Forest River will be scraped at 2 votes.
Pac-Map will be scraped at 3 votes.
Blood Gulch, The Pit, Simple Deathmatch and Sand Pit will all be scraped at 1 vote.
Torch Man Proto (other version) will be scrapped at 0 votes.
All of the above were below "I think you should scrap them all" at 4 votes.
Orbital Elevator is on the fence at 4 votes.
Dynaman Proto will be revised and recovered as the only one to beat scrap all at 5 votes.
Castle Courtyard will be scraped due to negligence of me to put it on the vote.

"FGGDMCP" (FGG Deathmatch Crap Pack) will consist of Forest River, Pac-Map, Blood Gulch, The Pit, Simple Deathmatch, Sand Pit, and Castle Courtyard. All will have new v3 additions to them (Party Balls and Weapons). Possible reworking of maps such as scale up of Simple Deathmatch and Castle Courtyard.

Torch Proto, Skull MI Proto will both be added when the files are recovered from my old computer.

I will attempt to remake Orbital Elevator from the ground up (which I would have done either way with the old version going in CP) due to it being at the same votes as scrap all. Dyna will get reworking if suggestions on how to improve it are made, otherwise same version will be in next release with new v3 stuff.

January 04, 2013, 01:39:52 AM
Reply #98

Offline Magnet Dood

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Rockman 5- Blues' Trap!?
  • Date Registered: April 19, 2011, 08:13:37 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2013, 01:39:52 AM »
I'm willing to accept Dyna back into the DOS expansion if you can rework it to be a better map.

January 04, 2013, 03:07:24 AM
Reply #99

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2013, 03:07:24 AM »
Quote from: "Magnet Dood"
I'm willing to accept Dyna back into the DOS expansion if you can rework it to be a better map.
That isn't giving me a way to improve it. And since it was voted to be "redeemed" I plan on keeping the general premise of the map, but improving it based on what it is as is.
Also this is Dynaman Proto, I wanna keep my proto maps separate from ones that get into expansions. If the general concept of this map isn't what you want then Proto will never become an expansion version.

I'm doing this process to try to improve my map making and be able to make quality maps so I can help with more expansions and such, until then I'm going to keep to a not so great map pack until I can make something worth while that I feel comfortable with for CSCM, DOS (other then Torch) and Rokko.

October 23, 2013, 08:52:47 PM
Reply #100

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: FGG Maps [Beta Maps]
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2013, 08:52:47 PM »
Ok folks, I'm releasing 2 Beta maps now. This are Betas as I do not want them to represent any final products until improvements can be made upon them. I'm posting these to get feedback on them and try to improve the layouts or see community opinion on things regarding them, wither they remain for the original intended use or not will be depended on this feedback. The downloads will be at the bottom of this post.

First up is M&B2 Robot Manufacturing Facility (aka my attempt of an R-Shadow map for the Fortress Compo). This was originally going to be a serious attempt at a map, until halfway through I realized it wasn't going to be as good as I had hoped, now it is just a foreground for testing the gimmick I used for the map, which this is what I want reviewed in this map, layout is not as important as the different ways I used the gimmick to me and I wanna know which ones are more popular/deemed lest conflicting to gameplay.

For some screenshots of the uses I'll put them here with the intended use.
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

The next map is a beta version intended for Aeries from Rockman Strategy. His stage took place in an Iron Works and the field had lava flowing through it, the original concept for this map was to be the first map area from the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game for the NES and the map still uses the entire layout. There are teleporters (in place of the man holes) that lead to a hub room (intended specifically to avoid telefraging), which houses holes leading back down at the 4 corners of the main room. Tornado Hold and Wire Adapter are on the ground level of the map to help players reach the upper ground where better items are places while GHold is located in the hub room to try and punish players using them (this may be replaced, but as is Ghold isn't as good as it once was (IMO) and this map actually makes it dangerous again).
And for screenshots
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Manufactoring Facility
Iron Works - Mongolia

March 13, 2014, 09:08:22 PM
Reply #101

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: FGG Maps [Beta Maps on Page 11]
« Reply #101 on: March 13, 2014, 09:08:22 PM »
Finally got around to uploading CBMCTM - Class Based Mod Class Test Map. Feel free to make test rooms for classes, but only if you feel you are able to give some use of all of the class' functions, that people wanting to try out a class have a way to get a feel for what it can do before going into a server for field testing.

May 24, 2016, 06:00:05 AM
Reply #102

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: FGG Maps
« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2016, 06:00:05 AM »
Wow it has been over 2 years since I posted here, nothing new to bring you all but I am posting see if I can get a little feed back.
Regarding the CBMCTM (Class Based Mod Class Test Map), I'm curious How people feel about the current layout, the placement of each game, the narrow halls and stairways, and the general single player feel of the hub.
Should I rearrange the hub layout? Make everything better connect to the main room? Make the halls and stairs more adjusted for multiple players to traverse? Should doors be used to each room and be teleported to the game's room, or keep the teleporter idea as is?
Also has anyone perhaps designed any rooms for classes they might want to throw my way or send a copy featuring? I might look to make actual targets and the like to throw into the next version if not, maybe even look for assistance in designing rooms.
Thanks in advance to anyone, I'll be using any information for the Project Prism Class Test Map hub as well. Any changes made to this will also obviously be carried over to the Justified version as the hub is the same.

Also, planed ideas: adding room at least to fit the Rockman Strategy characters, and the DOS Reborn versions. The hub's intention is to try to open all possibilities of featured characters so only rooms need to be added and in no way should be a goal or expectation to fill in spots for the uncanon characters.