Advanced Search

Author Topic: FGG's resource stuff (Weapon Get + Pick ups)  (Read 60223 times)

January 09, 2016, 12:56:16 AM
Reply #60

Offline NemZ

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 13, 2010, 03:00:53 PM

• View Profile
Re: FGG's resource stuff (Weapon Concept Updates)
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2016, 12:56:16 AM »
Pretty cool stuff.  I especially like all the effort that went into the twin laser and bit cannon.

I'm a little iffy on some of the color choices though, especially Chroma Camo, Express Speed and Heat Wave.  I know they did it officially with Dynamo's Lightning Bolt but Megaman just doesn't look right to me when the darker color is used to replace the lighter blue.

January 09, 2016, 02:34:18 AM
Reply #61

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2016, 02:34:18 AM »
I could probably change Heat Wave, that was probably the first of all of these I did anyway. Chroma Camo is the actual colors he used in the comic anyway. And Express Speed is also an easy fix anyway.
If I told you that the electricity for Bit Cannon is actually just the vertical shots of Thunder Beam ripped from MM1 and rotated edited in would you believe me? To be honest a lot of these are actually edits of things.
Hell I can barely take credit for a lot of this stuff, I mostly just ripped things and edited.

Edit:
Fixed Express and Heat Wave
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

January 09, 2016, 08:09:40 AM
Reply #62

Offline NemZ

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 13, 2010, 03:00:53 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2016, 08:09:40 AM »
Quote from: "fortegigasgospel"
Chroma Camo is the actual colors he used in the comic anyway.

Looks more purple and dark grey rather than red and black to me.

If I told you that the electricity for Bit Cannon is actually just the vertical shots of Thunder Beam ripped from MM1 and rotated edited in would you believe me?

I would, but it's still cool.   :mrgreen:

January 09, 2016, 08:29:18 AM
Reply #63

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2016, 08:29:18 AM »
Quote from: NemZ
Quote from: fortegigasgospel
Chroma Camo is the actual colors he used in the comic anyway.

Looks more purple and dark grey rather than red and black to me.

I'm using the NES pallette also, and Chroma is one of the ones I kept the color from Geno's base.
I lightened up the grey a touch from 1D to 2D, as for the purple/pink (I'm using pink) the actual color is like it would be between 14 and 15, 15 is what is currently used.

Edit: Update to DOS and Strategy.
Some touch ups to Torch's appearance, Gauntlet's sprites for Oil Stream added to be used instead of the other ones, alt versions of skins with weapon colors on bottom, fixed Wave's spouts cause I forgot to recolor them.
Touched up Virgo's appearance (though not very visible here except for midriff), expect new skin soon.
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

January 12, 2016, 07:44:08 AM
Reply #64

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2016, 07:44:08 AM »
Bet you are getting sick of me now :D but some minor touch ups to Sonic Wave frame 8/2s and 5s. Full Rotations for Oil Stream and Torch Arm made. Iffy on how Nuclear Detonator looks.
Also all of this implemented into the WAD that contained them, only issue there is my inability to code and fix the errors I caused/that existed already (there were a few, like 1 I can actually think of, I made more). Also on that note I changed some sprite changing speeds and a weapon speed. Not that anyone who wasn't on that devteam knows about those. Oh well.
As usual give me your feedback.
(click to show/hide)

Also figured I'd add a few screenshots, a little something no one got to see before. You will notice some of the issues I mentioned too. No skin or color touch ups for these yet.
(click to show/hide)

Bonus: Here have an error we all seemed to have missed back when these were made, Torch Arm firing Torch Men
(click to show/hide)
Another bonus I would like to share, back when DOS Oil Man overrode the Oil Canisters in the Core Oil Man map. I don't have an image of it anymore but it was kinda funny to see.

February 03, 2016, 01:36:42 AM
Reply #65

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: FGG's resource stuff (Weapon Concept Updates DOS)
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2016, 01:36:42 AM »
New update time, lots of stuff done behind the scenes and a new image. This was all for Original DOS stuff. When I actually get around to it I'm thinking about calling it "DOS Classic" or something depending on the way "Robots are Revolting" goes about naming itself.

-> For starters I'll say: Every weapon has a HUD, and they use the new colors seen on the spread sheet. Only thing about it is that Nuclear Detonator needs a throwing HUD as apposed to the current buster one it is using, I tried, didn't look well.

-> Next up, I shrunk ND back down to it's original size with some edits. Water Shooter has different animation now you'll see below in the image. Bit Cannon's icon was touched up. Shark Boomerang's icon was shrunk by a pixel because it was 17x16 apparently.

-> The Image: Note some new things regarding the skins (seen on the bottom right in comparison to the older looks) as well as the changes mentioned above. When this gets worked on I intend to have the skins touched up with these new looks (based on opinions of course (New names for some might be in order too)) as well as the fixes to Shark and Bit Dood had sent me that I didn't implement for the Mapchella Beta release (That was my bad, I should have done that).
(click to show/hide)

-> Only other thing left for the weapons in the player colors of the skins for the ones with new colors, I couldn't figure out how to get them to change no matter what I did. ND's throwing HUD. and Sonic Wave's smallest sprites added to the weapon.

-> Finally in light of Centaur Flash's new version in the core, the concept for Time Switch of M&B2/R&F2/CftF is a slower version of the old Centaur Flash, I feel this fits with the name of "Time Switch" doing so on weapons to send them the opposite direction. This should of course be altered stat-wise outside of the slower rof most likely.

Feel free to give me feedback folks, this way I can try to make these better.

February 11, 2016, 04:35:01 AM
Reply #66

Offline Promestein

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 27, 2013, 04:02:37 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2016, 04:35:01 AM »
Interesting stuff. This is the kind of thing I like to see.

I'm not entirely sure how useful Shark Boomerang would be, though. Maybe I just don't understand it. It fires off at a 30 degree angle to the right or so, then arcs around and flies left?

February 11, 2016, 06:46:17 AM
Reply #67

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2016, 06:46:17 AM »
Shark Boomerang fired yes right at a 30 degree, and circles around to the left like a spiral (or how an actual boomerang flys), it then flys directly back the direction it was fired from and goes past the player (it can also coil upwards and downwards depending on how far each way the shooter was aimed when it was thrown, but it moves on a horizontal axes once it goes into it's final movement) so in the end it goes past the players right side about 30 degrees backwards rapidly.
The concept was actually given by Knux based off how Sharks actually hunt prey by circling back around. The fly past the player is an idea of Shark Boomerang's unique factor as apposed to other boomerang weapons, it can also be used to potentially hit a player behind you.
I need to double check it's damage though, it is a bit tricky to aim due to it's firing and travel arc making it better suited for open areas and as SB does not rip as well so I might up it do a high amount of damage due to these factors.
I'll be making a full topic for the "Classic DOS completion project" as I'm calling it for now in the months to come to have a dedicated topic for updates on it. I have a number of ideas I plan to implement for the ease of the users and servers, nothing heavy though (example, there will be multiple things released at once depending on what features are desired to be used).

If you have any more questions regarding the weapons feel free to ask.

June 18, 2016, 02:13:32 AM
Reply #68

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2016, 02:13:32 AM »
Turns out I never uploaded the most recent version of the DOS image set here.
Some changes to the skins behind the coloring are in store.
(click to show/hide)
For those who can't notice them.
Bit Man gains an extra pixel to his lower torso, this makes him slightly taller and raises his waist line higher. His gem is also 2x2 instead of 1x2. Both changes resemble his source material better.
Shark Man's hips and upper legs are black now to resemble his source material, and he has more white on his chest, arms, and legs.
Oil Man has more decoration as already shown to break up his monotone coloring, also his lower torso was added to better resemble source material.
Torch Man's upper arms are visible and grey much like his source material, decorative coloring was added to break up his monotone coloring, a face piece was added to spruce up his design a little, his torch arm goes inwards for visual appearance, and his other arm was changed completely for better visual appearance as well.

July 17, 2016, 07:53:16 AM
Reply #69

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: FGG's resource stuff (Weapon Get)
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2016, 07:53:16 AM »
Redo, updated links, V's colors, added more stuff such as 8FC, Unlimited, Super Fighting Robot, and more 8bdm SP/SiN stuff
I will be picking 1 of each character to do every single weapon for, IM me suggestions of which you would like to see used.

YOU GOT, WEAPON GET SCREENS!
Mega Man 5 didn't have anything to use, but here is everything else including side games and alternate coloring patterns.
All transferred versions (SNES + Arcade) use most NES accurate colors for weapons.
All non-Game Boy games the weapons are organized by the level select screen. All Proto Man, Bass, and Duo ones have 2 styles in the spoilers.
Differences in styles: Proto Man did not use secondary colors in both Arcade games. Bass' oranges used primary colors in Arcade and &Bass while his gems used the secondary colors, nothing else changed on him, in 10 his Gems do not change while his oranges use the secondary colors with his blacks/grays using primary colors. Duo used different secondary colors on some weapons in PF.
All regular colored versions of each character on the bottom.
Mega
(click to show/hide)
Proto
(click to show/hide)
Bass
(click to show/hide)
Other Characters
(click to show/hide)
All defaults by character
(click to show/hide)

First post updated as well

I have SiN ones because I was given permission to use the images from it. Also yes, they use the weapon colors of the bosses in XSP.
XSP ones would require permission from Maxine, although I haven't asked I originally only asked for SiN due to Duo, the others being added were a bonus I decided to do.
Please credit the original creators of the 8FC, SiN ones (Korby and Lego), Unlimited, and SFR.

July 17, 2016, 02:51:22 PM
Reply #70

Offline Superjustinbros

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor

• Something
  • Date Registered: October 29, 2012, 03:32:09 AM

• View Profile
    • http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com
Re: FGG's resource stuff (Weapon Get)
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2016, 02:51:22 PM »
Interesting stuff, thx for sharing.

July 26, 2016, 12:16:29 AM
Reply #71

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: FGG's resource stuff (Pick ups)
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2016, 12:16:29 AM »
Am I crazy? I think I might be. This took 3 days. 3 DAYS
A compilation of all the pick ups through out the years with versions that were in other games such as jumbo versions. I found what appeared to be an unused hybrid recovery item in MM7's resources so the hybrid section was born.

Not too happy with the Jumbo Health for MM8/&B/&B2, they didn't transfer to the larger scale too well. Disclaimer is on the image, feel free to use and modify these however you like.
Hybrid MM1, Jumbo DOS Health, MM1 Tank, and &B2 Tank all designed by me.
Jumbo Health and Ammo 2/9/10 and 3-6 designed by SuperJustinBros, recolored to fit the colors of the other versions by me.
All other none 8bit ones redesigned or recolored by me.

August 07, 2016, 10:52:18 PM
Reply #72

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: FGG's resource stuff (Weapon Get + Pick ups)
« Reply #72 on: August 07, 2016, 10:52:18 PM »
Next update of my stuff time.
Complete list of characters weapon gets for Mega Man, Proto Man, and Bass using Mega Man 10's screens. Both using MM10's coloring system for all three, and using their official coloring systems of the 32bit games.
These ones feature weapons from official media (1-10, &B, V, SAR), which includes licensed material (DOS, &B2, Archie, Strategy) and simply things backed by Capcom's name (SFxMM) with a bonus appearance of Magnetic Shockwave from Marvel vs Capcom 1.
Note these images are very large, expect to have to zoom in to read actually read all the names. Also Proto Man had no room to fit the weapon names so he has abbreviations, they are in the same spots as the other two's though. Also colors for support characters not used by the character are not featured for them.
To view the whole images use right click and view image, since they don't stretch the forum at the moment.
Mega Man
(click to show/hide)
Proto Man
(click to show/hide)
Bass
(click to show/hide)

Also update for other things.
DOS
(click to show/hide)
Strategy
(click to show/hide)
World's Collide/Unite
(click to show/hide)

First post updated, all first and final pages of all my threads have been fitted for the new forums.