Advanced Search

Author Topic: Departure from MM8BDM/Cutstuff  (Read 37301 times)

October 11, 2014, 11:06:31 PM
Reply #30

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
Re: Departure from MM8BDM/Cutstuff
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2014, 11:06:31 PM »
I don't have too much to add that probably wasn't said already, take care man/woman/wartortle. May life treat you well.
(click to show/hide)

October 12, 2014, 12:14:56 AM
Reply #31

Offline Captain Barlowe

• Warrior

• hell
  • Date Registered: December 10, 2010, 03:46:43 AM

• View Profile
    • ness
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2014, 12:14:56 AM »
I don't really have much to say, but I think a simple good-bye is enough to suffice for a start.
Farewell, Ivory. Although we didn't talk often, you helped me out during some really tough times, and I remember fondly the times which we did interact, whether it be on Skype or elsewhere.
I hope you do well in your future, and good luck, Ivory!

October 12, 2014, 12:45:22 AM
Reply #32

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
I'm never deleting your Smash 4 demo
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2014, 12:45:22 AM »
why am I so late in coming over here
why am I on the fourth page
why the fuck was I not here to get first reply

I... I don't know what to say, really. I mean at first you were just some person in the distance who helped run things maybe. Part of the OG "Mod Squad" with Korby and Brotoad. To be honest, I really didn't care for you much at all. Just some shadowy figure who really really liked Toohoo and girly avatars. Heck, there was the whole "he/she/it/xe/wartortle" shtick going on due to your relative ambiguity around here (and the legend of Ivory x Joseph Collins, but that's another story for another time).

Then there was this period where I legitimately thought you were out to get me. I can't even remember how many threads you locked or how many ideas you shot down, only to do the same thing (or something extremely similar) a month or two down the road. There was also that time you banned me for incredibly shaky reasons (and I promptly got unbanned once I brought up some fair logic; iirc I was only banned for 13 minutes). I didn't outright despise you, I just didn't enjoy your company in the slightest. And, for the longest time, even after I started to get over it I was sure the feeling was mutual, if only because of your behavior still somewhat resembling your old patterns.

I don't remember when it happened, but eventually we had a really awkward conversation on Skype and you told me you never really hated me. We sort of hugged it out and apologized to each other and whatever (it was super homo) but then we started to become friends. I guess I felt more comfortable actually being around you? Seeing you in common Skype groups like the mapping chat helped me get over the past, and I saw you were actually a pretty cool person. I learned more about your current interests, you told me about stupid things going over in Dev Land (or I otherwise found out through Korby or Lego). There was even that SUPER AWKWARD part of our relationship, but eventually it settled into the current state of things: two weirdos who had become unlikely good friends and had a few inside jokes of their own.

Not gonna lie, I legitimately teared up when I started reading through your post, and the comments following it. I shut off my music, closed my 3DS, left the Skype call. I just had to come here and empty out my heart. I'm still a bit salted, but... it helped. Even a little. I guess it's selfish of me to be upset, you have a life and dreams and more things than just 8BDM. Still... I really hope you still hang around Skype and such like Tengu sort of does, I don't think I could handle you completely disappearing.

Regardless of what happens, though...

Thank you, Ivory.

Thank you for your friendship.

You truly have helped to make Cutstuff a better forum.

Petal Dance Lilligant forever. :ugeek:

October 12, 2014, 01:18:18 AM
Reply #33

Offline Shade Guy

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: February 02, 2011, 10:42:15 PM

• View Profile
Hi Lio, Ambrose and KY
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2014, 01:18:18 AM »
Well. The fact that this announcement has prompted users who have left the community to momentarily return and say their farewells shows how much respect you have gained over the years. Even before you became an admin, and expansion leader for v3 and v4 you had a major impact on many of us. As KY said, you single-handedly set the standard for all custom maps. I-Pack surely influenced all major map packs to come, either through inspiration to produce work of similar quality, desire to compete with its exceeding popularity, or even intimidation of whether one's work will ever be able to live up to yours. I can't not mention the period where I sent just about every new map for SHARPv2 to you for feedback, all of it useful. Although I can hardly say I was able to return a similar output of feedback (you didn't need as much), it's been great working with you, mapping bro. But of course, I can't keep up the mapping talk forever; you've also been a good friend. It's a shame the chats I've been in with you all died out long ago (RIP Blue Square/Outer Haven and Ivory Dungeon), since although they were partly used for 8BDM content discussion (and Roc's conspiracies against the rest of the developers/community), they were also great spaces for casual talk. And though those spaces were lost long ago, it's still harrowing to see the next step in your departure. We've discussed the possibility of you leaving years ago, but seeing it actualised...cripes. I've been taking a bit of an unannounced break from the forum and Skype this week, but I logged in immediately when I saw this topic. I wonder how we'll fare without you.

Good luck with your job, and hopefully the next step for you is to work on a game you can actually make money off, haha.

October 12, 2014, 01:24:45 AM
Reply #34

Offline Muzaru

• Bugs/Suggestions Managers
  • Date Registered: November 27, 2010, 05:55:28 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2014, 01:24:45 AM »
We've never really spoke a lot, but thank you for all you've done for the forums, Ibowwy... ;-;

October 12, 2014, 01:59:23 AM
Reply #35

Offline SmashTheEchidna

• Standard Member

• AKA Smash Corliss
  • Date Registered: December 07, 2010, 09:25:12 PM

• View Profile
    • http://fandedication.4umer.com/
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2014, 01:59:23 AM »
I...I don't even know what to say. I feel shocked, yet not surprised at the same time. Like, I guess I could kinda tell you probably wanted to step down at some point, but I never actually thought you would.

We kinda stopped talking much after Formspring bit the dust, but I'm still sad to see you go. Regardless, I understand where you're coming from, and I wish you the best of luck and fortune.

Take care, Ivory. See you down the road.

October 12, 2014, 02:06:43 AM
Reply #36

Offline Russel

• MM8BDM Extender

• Doc Croc
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2010, 11:11:25 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2014, 02:06:43 AM »
All I can really say is thank you.

When you were put into leadership of Megaman 8-bit deathmatch, you decided to essentially employ me for use of my old weapons instead of simply making a new set...and that opportunity gave me unparalleled experience in programming and development of an ongoing project.

Thanks to you, I have experiences that I can take with me for the rest of my life.

I don't think I can say much more than that...thank you and good luck.

October 12, 2014, 02:20:11 AM
Reply #37

Offline Tlp

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 22, 2013, 09:56:43 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2014, 02:20:11 AM »
Even though I hardly knew you Ivory, you seemed like such a good guy on these forums and ingame.

We'd all like to thank you for your hard work on this game, and your dedication to it.

Thank you, Ivory, for being such a great person.

October 12, 2014, 04:37:29 AM
Reply #38

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 17, 2010, 05:35:11 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2014, 04:37:29 AM »
I'll admit, I don't really have anything to say personally since I think the only times I ever interacted with you was either regarding locking/unlocking my threads or the VERY RARE instance of seeing you in a server. I do understand why you've chosen to leave, though. You realize that although working with MM8BDM can be rewarding, you could be doing a whole lot more with your life. I imagine at some point I'll have to stop modding as well when I end up in my career. At least you can take away from MM8BDM the experience you got, and some of those skills, including the leadership you needed to display to keep MM8BDM going, can be applied in your future jobs as well. You will be missed from pretty much everyone on the forum, but your efforts here will not be forgotten. Good luck with your future, Ivory.

October 12, 2014, 04:53:20 AM
Reply #39

Offline leoalex50

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 29, 2012, 02:13:25 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2014, 04:53:20 AM »
:shock:

Your leaving ivory idk till now well I hope you have a good life, all of us will miss you.

Goodbye ivory hope we all see you again

October 12, 2014, 10:09:43 AM
Reply #40

Offline Myroc

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Tyst! Jag ser på TV!
  • Date Registered: October 13, 2010, 08:35:35 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2014, 10:09:43 AM »
Well, this was unexpected.

Goodbye, and good luck with your future endeavours, I guess.

October 12, 2014, 11:06:18 AM
Reply #41

Offline sa173533

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: May 18, 2014, 02:01:12 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2014, 11:06:18 AM »
You're leaving...Well,this is unexpected...So,let me tell you farewell,and good luck with your future...

We did have some arguments in the past,like that whole .dll File Fixer incident.That was crazy,but we forgave each other afterwards.Even today,I still blame myself for this entire incident.

Well,here's to you and the future ahead of you.

October 12, 2014, 11:19:48 AM
Reply #42

Offline Darkpaladin109

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: March 07, 2014, 10:06:08 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2014, 11:19:48 AM »
Well, I suppose it's a good time as any to get back here on these forums..

That said, I never really knew you well due to both my rather..rare postings and small amount of time I've been here.
Of course, I doubt everyone is going to stay here forever, or be able to constantly dedicate themselves to this, and with how much you did, I'd say that with your departure, you'll leave a legacy here, if nothing else.

And of course, good luck with whatever it is you're going to do next. Maybe we'll see you here again someday, maybe not.

October 12, 2014, 12:10:31 PM
Reply #43

Offline Smunch

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 28, 2010, 04:11:16 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2014, 12:10:31 PM »
Your name was the name I associated with Cutstuff, even more-so than CutmanMike.  Lurking and watching your contributions to the game, the forums, and the community members made me respect the hell out of you.  When I think Ivory, I think "Wow, cutstuff and MM8BDM are still alive!"  You stepping down leaves some huge ass shoes to fill.  Size 26s or something like that.  

I'm sure I can speak for the lurkers and infrequent posters out there that we thoroughly appreciated your efforts.

Good luck.  Great luck.  Godspeed.

October 12, 2014, 12:17:11 PM
Reply #44

Offline Yuri Sakazaki

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 17, 2010, 03:17:49 AM

• View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/YuriSakazaki/
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2014, 12:17:11 PM »
Late as always, am I?

I was expecting this since the Devroom chats. I wish you the best of luck, Ivory. You were always a great person to be around to me, the few times we did talk. Like the silly courtroom hijinx we had back in the now dead skype chat and the fun times we had on formspring before it died. Or when we watched Microsoft's E3 conference with "I'm Han Solo" in the background. I will forever cherish those times, and I wish we could do it again sometime <3

And I personally thank you sooo much for helping out with my identity change, without it, I wouldn't even be here today.

So, Goodbye and again, best of luck to you Ivory!

*Hughug*