Advanced Search

Author Topic: The Idea(s) Topic  (Read 121095 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

July 21, 2012, 04:06:48 PM
Reply #45

Offline Korby

  • Global Moderator

  • Benvenuto nella room italiana!

  • ************
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

    • View Profile
    • Korby Games
Re: The Idea(s) Topic
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2012, 04:06:48 PM »
Whatever you want.

July 24, 2012, 04:43:49 AM
Reply #46

Offline Gumballtoid

  • MM8BDM Extender

  • Recipe for Success

  • ******
  • Date Registered: July 13, 2011, 10:27:00 PM

    • View Profile
Re: The Idea(s) Topic
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2012, 04:43:49 AM »
I've been thinking for a while... We've got a bunch of custom skins that look really nice, and people use often, but what's the point if nobody can see them? What are you gonna do? Tell someone you're using a skin, and tell them to shuffle through oodles of skin threads to download one measly skin just for viewing pleasure? Yeahno. My idea is to combine custom skins used by Cutstuff members, such as user skins like Fyone and Gizmo the Cat, or fan-made Robot Masters like Sink Man, into a single wad, aptly dubbed Cutstuff Communtiy Skins (I know, so very original). Each member would be allowed to submit two skins maximum. However, there will be some rules and restrictions for submitted skins, such as the following.

-Not too large. Try to keep it no larger than Stone Man or the soon-to-be Frost Man.

-Nothing vulgar or offensive. I don't want to jump into a server and see a bunch of [CENSORED] running around everywhere.

-It has to be of remotely good quality. Quick little scribbles that make it more difficult to target, clash terribly, or are just plain hard on the eyes are likely not to be accepted.


Thoughts? Would this be practical and enjoyable? I think it has potential.

July 24, 2012, 07:15:27 AM
Reply #47

Offline dafirestart!

  • Standard Member

  • Date Registered: July 23, 2012, 09:40:41 AM

    • View Profile
Re: The Idea(s) Topic
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2012, 07:15:27 AM »
Alright, I'm glad to find this!  I was in the wrong place... :(
But, hey I'm new.
Anyway, my idea, that is aparently old, is the stardroids.
Possibly a MMV campain...  :)
Just an idea, not necessarily a request. :?

July 24, 2012, 03:30:36 PM
Reply #48

Offline GameAndWatcher

  • Standard Member

  • Gosh!

  • Date Registered: April 03, 2011, 05:44:04 AM

    • View Profile
Re: The Idea(s) Topic
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2012, 03:30:36 PM »
Quote from: "dafirestart!"
Alright, I'm glad to find this!  I was in the wrong place... :(
But, hey I'm new.
Anyway, my idea, that is aparently old, is the stardroids.
Possibly a MMV campain...  :)
Just an idea, not necessarily a request. :?
Someone's already doing this... Star Dood, I believe.

July 24, 2012, 03:39:16 PM
Reply #49

Offline ice

  • MM8BDM Extender

  • ***
  • Date Registered: October 05, 2010, 05:09:31 PM

    • View Profile
Re: The Idea(s) Topic
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2012, 03:39:16 PM »
Water gun mode, basically your main weapon is a squirt pistol, bombs are water balloons, and so on

July 24, 2012, 03:45:51 PM
Reply #50

Offline GameAndWatcher

  • Standard Member

  • Gosh!

  • Date Registered: April 03, 2011, 05:44:04 AM

    • View Profile
Re: The Idea(s) Topic
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2012, 03:45:51 PM »
Quote from: "ice"
Water gun mode, basically your main weapon is a squirt pistol, bombs are water balloons, and so on
Would Ice Weapons count?

July 24, 2012, 05:11:59 PM
Reply #51

Offline fortegigasgospel

  • MM8BDM Extender

  • **
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

    • View Profile
Re: The Idea(s) Topic
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2012, 05:11:59 PM »
Quote from: "Gumballtoid"
I've been thinking for a while... We've got a bunch of custom skins that look really nice, and people use often, but what's the point if nobody can see them? What are you gonna do? Tell someone you're using a skin, and tell them to shuffle through oodles of skin threads to download one measly skin just for viewing pleasure? Yeahno. My idea is to combine custom skins used by Cutstuff members, such as user skins like Fyone and Gizmo the Cat, or fan-made Robot Masters like Sink Man, into a single wad, aptly dubbed Cutstuff Communtiy Skins (I know, so very original). Each member would be allowed to submit two skins maximum. However, there will be some rules and restrictions for submitted skins, such as the following.

-Not too large. Try to keep it no larger than Stone Man or the soon-to-be Frost Man.

-Nothing vulgar or offensive. I don't want to jump into a server and see a bunch of [CENSORED] running around everywhere.

-It has to be of remotely good quality. Quick little scribbles that make it more difficult to target, clash terribly, or are just plain hard on the eyes are likely not to be accepted.


Thoughts? Would this be practical and enjoyable? I think it has potential.
I thought of this actually, a wad, or even just a zip of skins everyone uses so we don't see so many megamans running around.

Quote from: "ice"
Water gun mode, basically your main weapon is a squirt pistol, bombs are water balloons, and so on
Isn't there a blue weapons mode on the wiki?

July 24, 2012, 05:16:17 PM
Reply #52

Offline BiscuitSlash

  • MM8BDM Extender

  • *
  • Date Registered: November 20, 2010, 12:49:25 PM

    • View Profile
Re: The Idea(s) Topic
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2012, 05:16:17 PM »
I think he means real life water fights were you get water guns and water balloons.

If so, fuck yes! make it happen and add me to the team!

July 24, 2012, 05:18:10 PM
Reply #53

Offline Magnet Dood

  • MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

  • Rockman 5- Blues' Trap!?

  • ***
  • Date Registered: April 19, 2011, 08:13:37 PM

    • View Profile
Re: The Idea(s) Topic
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2012, 05:18:10 PM »
Quote from: "Game&Watcher"
Someone's already doing this... Star Dood, I believe.

Quote
Star Dood, I believe.

Quote
Star Dood

GODDAMNIT, I DON'T RUN THAT ONE

SIJFIDGHUJFDKLSNBJGKBFDH

Vysethelegend is the leader of that one, and he died. Besides, I've got too much to take care of before I even think of pulling expansions from the grave, so don't count on me taking charge anyway.

July 25, 2012, 06:34:49 AM
Reply #54

Offline Gumballtoid

  • MM8BDM Extender

  • Recipe for Success

  • ******
  • Date Registered: July 13, 2011, 10:27:00 PM

    • View Profile
Re: The Idea(s) Topic
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2012, 06:34:49 AM »
We really should see to it that we get that expansion going again.

July 28, 2012, 07:22:09 PM
Reply #55

Offline Beed28

  • MM8BDM Extender

  • Putting the 'bounce' into your world.

  • ***
  • Date Registered: June 20, 2011, 08:07:58 PM

    • View Profile
Re: The Idea(s) Topic
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2012, 07:22:09 PM »
I was thinking of making my own Classes mod, with its own unbalanced classes made by me. I wonder if I can do it:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Mega Man:
Duh.

World Mover:
Uses helmetless Mega Man skin with green armour. Has a laser buster of some sort, but a very weak jumping ability, only enough to reach 1 block height steps. However, he can shift the whole world beneath everyone's feet, right up to the point of flinging them into the air, and this will last 10 seconds, with a 20 second recharge timer. World Mover will have to take advantage of the bouncing landscape to reach higher terrain.

WarMECH:
Uses Hard Man skin. A large but slow moving guy who uses a varaity of explosives, including slow drunk missiles that weave around like the Cleric's Serpent Staff, a powerful bouncing grenade, a vulcan that's faster but weaker than the Bass Buster, and can shoot 5 laser beams that spread out in a fan like pattern, and a nuclear warhead powerful enough to blow apart the entire planet, crashing the game in the process.

Phantom Samurai:
Sorry, but ghosts don't exist.

Dracubat:
Uses Shade Man skin. Attacks with bites and sonic waves, and can jump very high thanks to his large wings. If he manages to bite someone, he will regain some health.

Saw Doctor:
Uses Metal Man skin. Attacks with a variaty of metal saws that travel along the ground. And throws music notes.

July 28, 2012, 08:58:14 PM
Reply #56

Offline HD_

  • Standard Member

  • Date Registered: November 13, 2011, 01:44:40 AM

    • View Profile
Re: The Idea(s) Topic
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2012, 08:58:14 PM »
Pokemon classes mod

WITH EVERY POKEMON

Is that enough classes for you

July 29, 2012, 02:00:04 AM
Reply #57

Offline ice

  • MM8BDM Extender

  • ***
  • Date Registered: October 05, 2010, 05:09:31 PM

    • View Profile
Actually started making something like that a while ago
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2012, 02:00:04 AM »
Maby we should just stick with each cutstuff member's favorite pokemon

I call abra

July 29, 2012, 02:13:41 AM
Reply #58

Offline Laggy Blazko

  • MM8BDM Extender

  • Unf

  • **
  • Date Registered: April 01, 2011, 02:08:23 AM

    • View Profile
Re: Actually started making something like that a while ago
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2012, 02:13:41 AM »
Quote from: "ice"
Maby we should just stick with each cutstuff member's favorite pokemon
Agumon :mrgreen:

July 29, 2012, 02:19:53 AM
Reply #59

Offline SmashBroPlusB

  • MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

  • i like korok seeds they make me feel smart

  • ****
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

    • View Profile
Re: The Idea(s) Topic
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2012, 02:19:53 AM »
Blaziken as best class

Blaze Kick is a better Charge Kick that eats ammo faster
Sky Uppercut can be Top Spin that you use on the ground and it throws you upward
Flamethrower for awesome stunlock party time
and finish the set with Mirror Move because why not