Since server hosting with BE is going very well aside from hiccups on their side, I figure I may as well start this up again. This thread will have information about my servers on MM8BDM. I am taking requests for possible servers, but I will get to that in a moment. First, because it is clear SOME modding of a server must take place, here are the rules for my servers:
1. There will be a three strike system, effective starting on Monday. If a person is clearly violating rules and continues to do so after being warned multiple times, that person will receive a strike. The system goes as follows:
1 Strike: 1 hour ban
2 Strikes: 3 day ban
3 Strikes: Permaban
When a person is given warnings, I will be keeping a close eye on that person, seeing if they continue to violate rules on purpose. During the warning phase, if the user is on generally good behavior for a long time, I will cut the person some slack, since it may be he or she has learned from the lesson. There will be NO slack if the person ends up being given a strike. Those can never be taken away. Basically, for a person to receive a strike, they must have continually violated the rules, so there is probably more fairness involved in punishment than probably most servers.
2. Among the things that can ruin the experiences of others are:
Racist/Rude comments: This is something that I thought people would know better about. I keep seeing people calling others along the lines of "niggas" and such. This is unacceptable. This can be hurtful name calling, so this one can be grounds for punishment. Basically, if you do not have anything nice to say, do not say it.
Trolling: If it appears that someone came on the server just to cause havoc for someone else, that person will be punished. There is no tolerance for targeting people with your cruel jokes.
For extra modes like Roboenza, Saxton Hale, etc...: If you are chosen by the RNG, you must finish the match. Do not spectate if it is clear you cannot win. Many of us just bear it anyway, and even sometimes turn it around.
More rules to come as they come to mind. Also, not everything here is set in stone, and may be changed from time to time.
3. If you wonder how these rules can be upheld...I have plenty of resources. A couple are:
2. Giving trustworthy people RCON access
Regardless, if you feel someone needs to get checked out, PM me. If I cannot find any proof, I can just keep my eye on the person.
4. Be wary that I may remove abilities like map voting if I see a lot of "abuse" for it. Try to not use them as jokes, please.
The current servers I "own" are:
Saxton Hale (R5 by Balrog)
1. I would prefer a server that I can actually join, but I will allow any reasonable modes to be hosted. In this definition, Classes is ok, but not Rage Roboenza + Saxton Hale (Sorry, no Classes SH either). Just do not expect me to know the correct settings for a mode I do not play. The nice thing about BE is that I can host servers with wads I do not have. Just make sure the wads you request are actually hosted at Best-Ever. (here is the link so you can check, CTRL+F is the fastest way I can think of: http://www.best-ever.org/wads/
2. I usually will have two servers hosted at a time, but I will allow up to two others. The thing is, I will keep these up for a week. So, every Monday, I will put up two requested servers of my choosing, and they will stay up until next Monday. This should give a little more variety to the server list.
3. As far as map packs, these are the packs I will accept at this time:
DRSG (though not with Roboenza or Saxton Hale, the maps are too big for them)
IXPack (and Legacy)
There are also maps in mods such as SP Mission Mode, Saxton Hale, Battle and Chase, Rockman No Constancy, Powered-Up, and others. These mods are accepted, so these maps will be fine as well.
Kapak is not being accepted at this time. Although I cannot prove the statement myself, I remember Kapus saying he did not want the mappack to be used until it gets updated. Best Maps Ever is also not accepted because it is not really a serious map pack. Some of the maps in there are very confusing and/or frustrating to navigate.
Also regarding map packs, if there is a map pack you feel should be included in the list, show me a link to the thread and I will check it out.
If you have any questions/comments/concerns, PM me or talk about it here. See you on the servers!