Advanced Search

Author Topic: Jitterskull guide/tips  (Read 13704 times)

October 09, 2009, 06:55:24 PM
Read 13704 times

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 21, 2009, 10:31:00 PM

• View Profile
Jitterskull guide/tips
« on: October 09, 2009, 06:55:24 PM »
Well, why not, there's one for the Ghostbuster too. :P
The way i added arrows and such to images is kinda inspired by the Ghostbuster topic, heh.
Well, hope its somewhat usefull, some might see it as common sense while using Jitterskull, while others may be like "Wow, wish i thought of that". This guide thingy assumes you atleast know the controls to play Jitterskull and how to attack.
Last updated: 29 Okt 2009

Lets start with one of the important ones, moving with Jitterskull.
Since Jitterskull has an usefull unique movement system, you can do interesting tricks with it, and very helpfull for making a suprise attack.
Example: You notice a human running into the alleyway, but you can teleport on the roof in this case, and will thus have an easy kill if you dont mess up. So instead of following him on his own path, stalk him on the roof! Height differences mean nothing to Jitterskull!
(click to show/hide)

Same goes in this camping situation, the humans will fire at any airborne ghouls coming at them, and even keep an eye on the cave as well are capable of hearing when the elevator is used. With Jitterskull's movement you can go very close to the edge but not too far to get to their height, aim, teleport, and crunch! (Just beware of powerfull weapons like ice arrows and plasma, altrough its better then nothing to use on these situations. :P)
(click to show/hide)

In case attacking is difficult for you in open area's, since Jitterskull's attack has good chance to push people away if they can be pushed, try attacking humans that stick to walls, charge infront of the direction they're running at if they're next to a wall, look at them, and splash!
(Humans that are litterally cornered shouldnt be too hard, either.)
(click to show/hide)

And here's a usefull tactic too, normally, Jitterskull has difficulty getting to targets aware of his presence and moving away all the time, but if they're concentrated on (and running from) an different ghoul, you could have an easy kill if you crunch at the right time and spot. Else, you could wait at an exit for an human to expectedly come out of, perhaps with a ghoul chasing them, and close in for the kill when they dont expect another ghoul coming at them.
(click to show/hide)

And some things to avoid. Like long, long hallways that eventually turn around, or such, chasing them into one ussually results at being hit by a hard to avoid attack, unless there's good reason to get them, you may want for an better oppertunity. And there are plenty of other spots that could result in the same.
(click to show/hide)

Attacking; Jitterskull's attack is fairly unique, he's the only ghoul so far that uses himself for attacking. Tricky part is he cant move after having attacked/charged, making you a sitting duck a moment, if you can help it, plan your attacks that you land on higher/lower ground or behind obstacles after charging, they cant shoot at you then.
You dont have to directly aim at the humans either, if they're facing you and shooting at you, you may want to try to charge next to them, especially if plasma is being fired at you, it hurts to charge directly into that. :P
Charging could also be used as a slightly faster form of movement, but be wary of being shot in case you do it in a human's presence.
It also helps if the humans cant see where you ended up after you attacked them, thus giving you another free go. Creative uses of attacking and moving could give interesting results, but there's so many possibilities i couldnt list them all (or the list would just end up being gigantic).
You could keep teleporting around the target untill there's a good oppertunity, as attacking makes you vulnerable, this is in particular usefull against enemies with strong weapons. But catching them by suprise is always oh so more effective, hehe...

I cant think of anything else right now. But if anyone has an interesting tactic or so, why not share it here?
And i wonder as well, was it any bit helpfull at all? I atleast hope it encourages more useage of Jitterskull in GVH, hehe...

Other things:
-Jitterskull can move immediatly after using a teleporter, if you crunch as soon as you have teleported. Ussually not expected by humans, and else scares the crap out of them. :P
-Jitterskull has trouble moving underwater, while the official maps do not have deep water, most likely, some other servers might have those, try to avoid it.
-Jitterskulls can launch creepers by charging into them (while not completely Jitterskull related, it can be usefull. :P)
-Suprise attacks are your friend! Try to catch the humans when they dont expect it or in places you got the advantadge, 150 HP doesnt last forever, after all, and Jitterskull is guaranteed to take a hit 95% of the time.
-You can use Jitterskull's alt-fire and hold it to move slow, like checking around a corner. - by Xorpedo
(I guess its also usefull to put yourself in a right position to attack anything that passes by, or hug yourself as tight as possible into a corner.)
-Jitterskull is ussualy more difficult to play with higher ping, you find your attacks to be less accurate on bad ping, most likely.
-A fast mouse can make for quick kills after eachother, or doing other things such as moving trough a tight space easily. Keyboarding is rather slow, but an option for Jitterskull.
-To maximise your attack range, crunch right after having moved! This works around corners too, if you have a fast mouse! And it makes for easy kills if you have surround sound of some kind, just hear where they are, and come crashing across the corner! And there's plenty of other uses for it, but its a killer with good ping and a fast but accurate mouse.

October 09, 2009, 07:09:15 PM
Reply #1

Offline Xorpedo

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 14, 2009, 07:53:32 AM

• View Profile
    • http://moonlightkillers.freeforums.org/
Re: Jitterskull guide/tips
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 07:09:15 PM »
This is a good guide, t least for me. It could really help some newbies to GvH (as GvH profesionalls know this already) but i would like to add a tip.
If you see a tight corridor with a high cliff, scale that cliff up, and just wait for some humans to get there. As jitterskull can scale cliffs almost like noclip mode, he will just teleport when charging down the cliff. If you charge at the humans at the right time, they will just see a huge skull eating them in less than a second, they won't have time to react.
Oh, and just to say, you could add some tips for using normal-slow movement with the jitterskull, like trying to just to take a peek behind the corner or something like that.

October 09, 2009, 07:49:07 PM
Reply #2

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 07:49:07 PM »
Yes, always a nice tactic, hiding up high and charging at them when they pass by, hehe... People dont have a tendacy to look up unless they hear a Sjas. I'll edit the post a bit.

Edit: This topic doesnt seem to get many posts. Guess Jitterskull isnt a popular choice. :P

October 20, 2009, 04:05:07 AM
Reply #3

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 04:05:07 AM »
What are you talkin about. I love using jitter all the time. It pisses them off when they keep dyin from me :D Nice tips! This should help me piss more ppl off!  :twisted:

October 20, 2009, 11:19:37 AM
Reply #4

Offline Xorpedo

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 14, 2009, 07:53:32 AM

• View Profile
    • http://moonlightkillers.freeforums.org/
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 11:19:37 AM »
Quote from: "CarThief"
Yes, always a nice tactic, hiding up high and charging at them when they pass by, hehe... People dont have a tendacy to look up unless they hear a Sjas. I'll edit the post a bit.

Edit: This topic doesnt seem to get many posts. Guess Jitterskull isnt a popular choice. :P
NoNoNo, 'cept I use it almost everytime when i'm ghoul. Jitter is for accurate players mostly and not many players are really that ccurate as jitter, i know only Maldoror who is a perfect jitter.

October 20, 2009, 03:29:31 PM
Reply #5

Offline Mikk-

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 25, 2009, 03:51:26 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 03:29:31 PM »
Also,
A funny tactic is what I call "High Velocity Creepers"
Creepers are a light class so a jitter chomp can thrust them really, really fast, making a flying creeper a formidable opponent, it can be launched into a humans face if done at the right time xD

October 20, 2009, 03:39:14 PM
Reply #6

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 03:39:14 PM »
Yes, i think i added that earlier to the post too, somewhere. :P
And i'm quite accurate too, altrough my accuracy depends highly on ping, else the moves delay, no matter how fast you react the SERVER will think you chose elsewhere to charge, or such things with low ping, highly annoying.

Oh yeah, if there's anything that should be added, make a suggestion! (if it isnt added already. :P)
And my name idea for launching creepers with Jitterskull would be Creeper Cannon. :P

October 20, 2009, 03:53:59 PM
Reply #7

Offline Blox

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 13, 2009, 05:25:09 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 03:53:59 PM »
You can give Sjases a nice thrust, which can be pretty useful to take out a group that can shoot you, but you're too far away to get to them before you get taken out. :P

October 23, 2009, 08:42:21 AM
Reply #8

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2009, 08:42:21 AM »
Let's not forget Creeper Cannons! A Jitterskull shot me through the window of the little building on the cliffs in the water processing plant. I landed in front of a human too! If only I had attacked it would have been the most awesome thing ever.

October 23, 2009, 01:49:37 PM
Reply #9

Offline Frits

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 01, 2009, 02:21:34 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2009, 01:49:37 PM »
Quote from: "CutmanMike"
Let's not forget Creeper Cannons! A Jitterskull shot me through the window of the little building on the cliffs in the water processing plant. I landed in front of a human too! If only I had attacked it would have been the most awesome thing ever.

It's also awesome when your trying to get away from the humans but a jitter shoots you back in :D

October 23, 2009, 02:10:33 PM
Reply #10

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2009, 02:10:33 PM »
Well, maybe you'll latch on to his face and get the proper oppertunity to rape then them, heh. Altrough i did add that little thing in the main post as well, i'd love to see the tactic get some use, but there arent any teams that dedicate themselves to having an tactic. Would be kinda neat if there ever was one, heh, the possibilities.

Hmm... The only reason i tend to use my charge attack against creepers is, well, because they're on the ground, Jitterskull cant jump or teleport trough them, so i ram them out of the way, kinda. :P
Speaking of latching on to faces, that would make a exellent ghoul idea, if a ghoul could latch itself to an surface (for all i care onto a human, unaware of the ghoul's presence! Only to be warned when too late, heh, but i guess the idea is best saved for the suggestions topic).

Well, other then that, i dont got anything to add to the main post, but the Creeper Cannon is mentioned indeed in the main post. :P