Advanced Search

Author Topic: Cutstuff "War": Descriptions-Homemade Contest: The Prequel  (Read 176662 times)

September 28, 2011, 06:26:21 PM
Reply #435

Offline n30n

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 04, 2010, 01:13:35 AM

• View Profile
Re: Cutstuff "War": Descriptions- No more submissions after
« Reply #435 on: September 28, 2011, 06:26:21 PM »
EK, sry if I'm going overboard w/ the locations thing, but I have one more location, then I'll stop, I promise (I hope)

how about The Halberd: http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Halberd

and yes, I have an addiction to the SSB series

September 28, 2011, 06:30:46 PM
Reply #436

Offline Dr. Freeman

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: December 22, 2010, 10:43:54 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 28, 2011, 06:30:46 PM »
Quote from: "tko112"
EK, sry if I'm going overboard w/ the locations thing, but I have one more location, then I'll stop, I promise (I hope)

how about The Halberd: http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Halberd

and yes, I have an addiction to the SSB series

I noticed >_>

But the places you are offering aren't exactly boring (Except Final Destination and Battlefield...which I didn't use)

September 28, 2011, 07:28:42 PM
Reply #437

Offline TheMetalManu

• Warrior
  • Date Registered: May 07, 2011, 12:21:39 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMetalManu
Re: Cutstuff "War": Descriptions
« Reply #437 on: September 28, 2011, 07:28:42 PM »
Name: MetalManu

Personality: Can be ironic sometimes,but can be very friendly when in confidence, but can't avoid be serious when he's in a battle.Does not tolerate injustice and always try to find a solution to any situation.

Appearance: Tall stature, black hair, a red shirt, a Hoody black with gray, gray pants and Black sneakers.

Weapon of Choice: A metal arm replacing his left arm.

Special Abilities:

-Ground Pound : When he hits the ground with his metallic arm can cause an explosion on the ground.

-Luminous Sphere : Is an sphere that leaves a light in a large area, but only lasts about 6 seconds. For reuse should wait 1 hour.

-Agility : Makes his metal arm open some parts of him arm, where steam come out. This give him more agility to their attacks.

Other notes:He works as a detective in his spare time and knows how to heal wounds.
(He doesn't use the magic, use medicine.)

September 28, 2011, 07:29:38 PM
Reply #438

Offline Tesseractal

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 26, 2011, 01:36:07 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.formspring.me/IceNinth
In the process of organization.
« Reply #438 on: September 28, 2011, 07:29:38 PM »
Quote from: "Epic Kirby"
The main issue is that most of the characters have been updated. But not all the updates have been made in the first post but later on. Usually I can just go in a straight line but I don't remember what has been updated and what hasn't.
Ah, sure. In that case, you can easily start backwards and just use the most recent post as a base, then ask that people who update their own profiles do so by editing their last post, instead of making a new post.

Nix Olympus's Profile

Like this. Simple enough. Once each character has a single post that can be used for them, a link to it on the first post.

(On a side note, I tweaked an ability and added possible stage recommendations that double as "Exposition stages" for Nix. You might find this interesting)

Since you don't want to go find each character profile, how about this: after this post, can you add anyone's profile link to the first post? You can instead rely on each person to fetch their own link and save you some trouble. (Hopefully, they're generous. Don't let me down, community!!)

Like MetalManu's post (****ing ningas). Just take the link from that and put in on the front page, and ask that he never re-posts the profile. Sounds fair.

September 28, 2011, 08:06:49 PM
Reply #439

Offline Dr. Freeman

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 28, 2011, 08:06:49 PM »
I'll link everything below. I'll do my best to get all the edited ones but we'll see if I mess up like a pro.

Character Descriptions in Spoilers below.
(click to show/hide)

September 28, 2011, 08:35:09 PM
Reply #440

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 28, 2011, 08:35:09 PM »
HOLY CRAP that's a lot of characters!

... I lol'd when I saw "Agent Milf". :lol:

September 29, 2011, 10:15:59 PM
Reply #441

Offline WheelieCarbonate

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: February 04, 2011, 07:51:33 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 29, 2011, 10:15:59 PM »
Quote from: "thatguy74"
Uhh, wow, loads of commentating.

I really don't see how using a character that totally isn't X with NO personality has a chance of being in that War thing. Plus, you've been enforcing the same character EVERYWHERE. Sound Familiar?AND YOU TOTALLY AREN'T SPAMMING THAT PIC NO SIRREE

I'm honestly annoyed that you aren't being accepting, either. Many people on here have told you countless times that you character just isn't going to work, and isn't accepted. Deal with it.
Numbers got FREAKING BANNED for doing so,Kirbysonic,watch out.

September 29, 2011, 10:29:22 PM
Reply #442

Offline Tesseractal

• Standard Member

• View Profile
Character Profile #2: Auroria Borealis
« Reply #442 on: September 29, 2011, 10:29:22 PM »
Name: Auroria Borealis
Personality: Vengeful. Values the the want and goals of the individual above all else. She feels that while others can serve some purpose or act toward their own intrinsic goals, they are largely untrustworthy and unreliable. Only respects those who act based upon their own judgments - people whose decisions are largely free of influence by others. As such, she comes off as generally ruthless and merciless. Will annihilate anyone she feels doesn't stand for their own values (anyone who might be considered a "pawn") - after all, she states, if they do not live by their own choice, they will not die by their own choice. She is willing to help others, but only in mutual agreements - very rarely does she help of her own accord.

Update 1: Auroria's personality is rooted in jealousy. Although not entirely aware, her desire to be truly living again - is what fuels her hatred of others who do not appreciate their own lives to a slightly psychotic level. When confronted with this, her resolve toward vengeance generally breaks down. Those who can understand her cause - those who have been betrayed are her strongest allies. She works well in groups when everyone is acting independently or for their own interest.

Reacts very negatively to anything that references being alive, having a heart, being called a witch, bleeding, drowning... Although she generally can brush it aside with only her demeanor changing, if personally insulted she becomes violently angry. Although vengeful, she is willing to back down if her point has been made - she no longer is out to kill Nix. Instead, she has a new target...

Appearance / Theme: Visored:
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Origin: Auroria is from an aristocratic city near the peak of Mount Olympus - known as Kallipolis. People in this city are born as part of "the myth of metals" - people are born with a metal (element) inside them that give them greater natural ability. Of the five elements, Earth, Fire, Air, Water, and Aether, one Philosopher-King is chosen to rule, but he must rule under great restrictions - his life becomes very limited. During her last year in the city, Nix Olympus was one of these Philosopher-Kings, however - he fled, dissatisfied. The rest of the Philosopher Kings came to Aurora, similarly dissatisfied, with the intention of rebellion against the larger populations. They insisted that Aurora join her, as they wanted a guaranteed victory by having her on their side. Auroria refused, and was put to death for her refusal - it was too risky for the Kings let her potentially defend the other side.

This angered the God of the North Wind; Boreas. Boreas resurrected Aurora with his power, granting her Occam's Visor. Aurora, acting for Boreas's strong vengeance against injustice, re-appeared at the moment the remaining Philosopher-Kings had declared revolution. Surprising them, she quickly annihilated all of the Philosopher-Kings in sight, laughing. She left to find Nix Olympus, her closest friend during the time before he was a King, to complete her revenge. Because of the heat distortion surrounding her, she became known as "The Mirage Killer" and the legend was born...

(Update 1) Although Boreas's actions APPEAR to be genuine, they hide his real purpose. He was not able to resurrect her with any sort of healing ability - instead, he placed the Leviathan Seed or the "seed of evil" in her heart, reactivating it. Auroria's personality became warped as a result and she became much more vicious than she was in the past. She is not consciously aware of this, however - some others are. The Seed draws power from the deceased, so she is able to regenerate from most wounds after killing someone. However, this ability furthers her descent into darkness. The seed ultimately will mature into the World Destroyer Leviathan, if it consumes enough life or despair.  

Likes: Cold, windy weather(as she's insensitive to heat); reflex and guessing games(which she has a bit of an advantage in), skydiving and other fast-paced activities; futuristic or progressive places.
Dislikes: Hot, humid weather; patience / slow games, swimming and aquatic activities; old-fashioned places or anything that reminds her of the past. (This includes old buildings such as churches, castles, etc.)

Weapon of Choice: None. She is a lady, after all. she would have no place to put it Prefers not to use weapons, as her abilities give more than enough strength to defeat enemies. She most frequently manifests her ability in her hands, though. ("Bare handed" is a technical answer.)

Special Abilities: Occam's Visor: Not a physical visor; a metaphorical one. When this ability is active, her eye colors change dramatically (as seen above) and she has heightened senses. Through her thoughts, she is able to control the range of her vision. All forms of imaging are possible - normal, night vision (green and black), thermal, x-ray, and magnetic imaging. She can control her sensitivity to light (allowing her to see in both highly bright and dark areas), the range of her sight (she can "scope" or has telescopic vision), all through her eyes. When she closes her eyes, she will see the area behind her (the area that is a "blind spot" to her normal range of vision).

The signature aspect of the abillity - Occam's Razor - allows her to see "the simplest solution". By focusing on a single target, she can see the most probable movement of it in advance. (of course, her attention to detail of the surrounding objects suffers) The result being that nearly all *direct attacks* can be seen in advance. Demonstration here. (Spoilers for Code Geass. Shame if you haven't seen it.)

(This is based off the principle of Occam's Razor, paraphrased as "The simplest solution is the correct one." )

Kinetic Control: Auroria has the ability to raise and concentrate kinetic energy in her vicinity (including air molecules). This can be seen coming from her hand directly in the second image; it surrounds her in the first. By raising kinetic movement of particles, she's able to raise the heat of anything surrounding her infinitely. This means that by placing her hands (or coming into contact with) anything, she can melt it. She can concentrate and release kinetic energy in the form of fire - fast moving fireballs or fire waves, that is. By manipulating air molecules, she is able to manipulate wind currents - not to a threatening degree. This ability allows her to negate ice and wind attacks. By relocating the concentration of friction/air resistance, she is able to increase her mobility - run faster, and jump for prolonged distances. The relocated friction is also released as fire. Orange abilities originate from this.

-Death's Hold: Auroria can raise the temperature of anything making physical contact; so if she as much lays a hand on a foe, she can start burning away. It's not instantaneous - she'll have to maintain the grip on them to burn away any outer clothing (which can take longer depending on the substance and its size), then attack them directly. (She killed the head of Philosopher Kings by burning through his neck.) However, of course, she leaves herself vulnerable on any armed foe, so she rarely resorts to this unless the foe is "vulnerable". Nix, for example, would respond by swinging his anchor into her - batting her away, although anyone with a strong weapon or close-range attack could easily do the trick.

-Mirage Effect: By distorting the air temperature around her, it becomes very difficult to see exactly how close she is to the naked eye, creating a depth perception trick like the appearance of a mirage. Obviously, becomes more effective the further away she is from her foe. Of course, this is to prevent foes from suspecting her next attack...

-Phoenix Dash: Auroria's "surprise attack". She lunges forward, then releases the friction around her in an aura of flame surrounding her. Having released the friction as fire, she's able to "glide" at a high speed into her foe, and should she miss, go for a u-turn and eventually land softly with wind-control. Requires a deal of concentration on her part; she usually uses the Razor here to aim precisely and avoid potential counters. If she knocks them off their feet, she may move for the Death Hold.

-Fanning the Flames: Auroria can't control the motion of fire (she lacks pyrokinesis), so instead she summons fire and fans it at the foe with wind (which is only minor control). More of a defensive move; although she can launch fire forward with a slow-moving cyclone. (Storm Tornado slow, for you MMX fans.) While she can shoot fireballs by sliding her hands together, they're small (about the size of a basketball) and short in duration.

Update 1:
-Tornadoblaze: Auroria runs in a circle, increasing speed to burn the ground and cause a cyclone. This giant flaming tornado is nigh-inescapable.

-Pyroclasm: Auroria places her hands on the ground, then causes numerous explosions / bursts of fire to appear in various other locations surrounding her at random. Highly destructive.

-Fire Wave: Launches a wide wall of fire at the opponent. By placing both hands on the ground, she can launch it all directions. (Think Din's Fire.)

The two abilities are related. Occam's Visor is powered by using Kinetic Control to increase neural activity. Thus, when Occam's Visor is used her entire body gives off more heat and the air around her is heated - causing "The Northern Lights" effect; this creates the aurora surrounding her (and visual distortion) from the heat. As Occam's Razor is used her body temperature will continue to rise, and prolonged use will lead to exhaustion. (The other Visor abilities can be used indefinitely.)

(When with Nix Olympus, they are able to summon Roc's Creation. This ability will be explained in Nix's profile.)

Leviathan Seed: The Seed radically alters her biology surrounding her heart. The seed produces its own blood and circulates it through repeated magnetic charges. It gives her more endurance and causes her to bleed black blood; she also regenerates from wounds faster than regular humans. She is incapable of breathing, but does not need to as the Seed replaces that function. Despite this, she hates water since her previous death was being chained and thrown underwater - a standard witch execution. A basic magnet can interrupt her or paralyze her; a strong magnetic charge or pulse will outright kill her if sustained. Holy / anti-magic is effective against her as well.

If Auroria looks into a mirror when her visor is on, she'll be disoriented and paralyzed. If her Razor is activated, she'll become aware of her ultimate fear - turning into the World-destroyer Leviathan. (Update 1)

September 29, 2011, 10:45:57 PM
Reply #443

Offline Dr. Freeman

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 29, 2011, 10:45:57 PM »
To answer your question for the most part when people say "villain" character they mean someone who isn't all "Fights only when needed" and closer to "Lol I kill you cause you looked at me funny"

The allegiances are made depending on
A. Ways the plot can move forward
B. Possible Character Reactions.

There is no "Hero" group and no "villain" group as Dan Jenkins who could be classified as a "villain" due to his murderous ways is teaming himself up with Travis who is more of a "hero"

The exception to the villain thing above is the "Terrible Trio" as everyone as nicknamed them. They're kinda evil. We'll see more of this later on.

September 29, 2011, 11:38:33 PM
Reply #444

Offline SaviorSword

• Standard Member

• Yar har, fiddle dee dee...
  • Date Registered: January 01, 2011, 02:13:30 AM

• View Profile
Re: Auroria Borealis - Apologies to King Dumb. >.>
« Reply #444 on: September 29, 2011, 11:38:33 PM »
Quote from: "Ice-IX"
*reads the profile for Sword's second character*
*facedesk somersaults*
>.<
Well, hurr. I could've asked Savior to write my profile for... myself. Oh well, hopefully the Ice Kings would never meet, lest it turn into battle of fisticuffs. (after their ice abilities prove ineffective against the other, so...) Damnit. I have miscalculated... hnngngngng.

Explain why ya might of wanted me to write for ya?
Also remember that Fang does prefer crystal over ice often unless he really needed ice, so there's that.

September 30, 2011, 12:50:35 AM
Reply #445

Offline Tesseractal

• Standard Member

• View Profile
Doing what I can do be an innovation!
« Reply #445 on: September 30, 2011, 12:50:35 AM »
Quote from: "SaviorSword"
Explain why ya might of wanted me to write for ya?
Also remember that Fang does prefer crystal over ice often unless he really needed ice, so there's that.
Oops, that was a bad expression. I meant to describe that I felt like I effectively re-invented the wheel, in this case creating what's effectively a toned down version of your character (as in, I had little reason to repeat all of that since you already made an ice character, with the added ability to freeze non-water objects. And use actual alchemy. I feel like my novelty has been ruined! Like I said, though, it's only because of an oversight of mine. I skimmed most of the characters and figured that "Oh, everyone here just uses Wind and MAGIC!. Lulz." and was unpleasantly surprised. You subverted my judgment that most of the characters were largely undeveloped and I would have no need to worry about being unoriginal - hence the facedesk on my part.)

On the other hand though, I am glad he's there. Many of the characters are lacking in explanations for abilities or their behavior/personality (which is fine since this is started as more of an arena setting), and so it's nice to see someone with a bit of backing. (I personally found yours, Chaos, Smash's, and xColdx's characters most interesting - a bit more than a line description.) And it gives me an excuse to outdo myself, throwing in a (hopefully) more original character that draws inspiration off numerous sources. (If you or anyone found them all, I'd be impressed. Enough of my showiness, though. I'm hoping that four rounds in, there will be a bit more underlying plot and my efforts will have some merit.)

September 30, 2011, 01:00:46 AM
Reply #446

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 30, 2011, 01:00:46 AM »
Dr. Oshiro and his bots are obviously heroes! They fight for justice, friendship, love, and a spot in the semi-finals!

... Which don't exist, but whatever. As long as there's fame and/or world-saving involved.

October 02, 2011, 08:15:36 PM
Reply #447

Offline Dr. Freeman

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 02, 2011, 08:15:36 PM »
Hey everyone I'm getting Round 5 and most likely the epilogue out sometime today

So this is the last chance you add any more characters!

You can still add locations and edit characters past Round 4 though.

October 03, 2011, 12:10:08 AM
Reply #448

Offline Solar Equinox

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 20, 2011, 10:19:47 PM

• View Profile
Re: Cutstuff "War": Descriptions- Submissions closed
« Reply #448 on: October 03, 2011, 12:10:08 AM »
Ok let me get this straght, I can edit my character, but not any any more. (not that I can anyway)

October 03, 2011, 12:11:00 AM
Reply #449

Offline Dr. Freeman

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: Cutstuff "War": Descriptions- Submissions closed
« Reply #449 on: October 03, 2011, 12:11:00 AM »
That is correct. I'm not taking any new ones.