Cutstuff Message Board

Cutstuff community forums
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:00 am 

Hey there, ladies and gents of Cutstuff.net! I'm planning on making a mod of Cutmanmike's Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch! I call it........
MEGA MAN X DEATHMATCH!!!
Spoiler:
It takes place after Mega Man 8 Bit Deathmatch, where you foil Wily's plans to rule the world. After all those battles, you return to the surface, exhausted. You find cherring and applause from people and robots. Mr. X promised that you would never be forgotten. When your expration date came to pass, they found your parts and put you together, then paved your body in gold, as a statue displayed in the robot museum.
However, you managed to reactivate yourself somehow, and came back to life. The gold on you shattered as you came back to life. I cannot tell you anything more about the story.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:07 am 

Ok, so you want to make a full mode of the game that takes place in the world of MMX, so that means all the skins of mavericks, new weapons, maps, and a crap ton of coding to do for the story line. Just before I can take this seriously (don't mean to be rude) I would like to know if you have any rough drafts of anything that we can see in case others want to help.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:11 am 

Dialgaofpower wrote:
Hey there, ladies and gents of Cutstuff.net! I'm planning on making a mod of Cutmanmike's Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch! I call it........
MEGA MAN X DEATHMATCH!!!
Spoiler:
It takes place after Mega Man 8 Bit Deathmatch, where you foil Wily's plans to rule the world. After all those battles, you return to the surface, exhausted. You find cherring and applause from people and robots. Mr. X promised that you would never be forgotten. When your expration date came to pass, they found your parts and put you together, then paved your body in gold, as a statue displayed in the robot museum.
However, you managed to reactivate yourself somehow, and came back to life. The gold on you shattered as you came back to life. I cannot tell you anything more about the story.

Don't mean to be mean, but do you even know how to mod?

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 3:13 am 

Medals: 7
MM8BDM Contributor (1) MM8BDM MM7 Contributor (1) MM8BDM MM8 Contributor (1)
MM8BDM Extender (2) Plumber (1) Warrior (1)
Haha, I remember things like this. This has appeared a lot, most people tend to give up when they realize the sheer amount of sprites they will have to make.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:33 am 

Medals: 3
MM8BDM MM8 Contributor (1) MM8BDM Extender (1) Architect (Runner-up) (1)
Megaman 16-Bit DM anyone? :ugeek:

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:39 am 

Ya crawl before ya walk. Ya walk before ya run. Ya run (a LOT) before ya go get a gold medal. Ya've just started around here, don't try to leap for mankind right away! Not only its foolish, it also doesn't look good on yarself too.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:29 am 

Oh, come on Sav.

I'm sure the guy with 14 posts is going to revolutionize this game. ;)

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:41 am 

Medals: 2
MM8BDM Contributor (1) MM8BDM MM8 Contributor (1)
Three SNES games to base on.

24 skins, each with about double the amount of frames compared to 8BDM skins.

27 weapons aprox. (all special weapons from mavericks, plus X buster, Zero buster and Vile/Axl buster), each with its corresponding sound effects, HUD and corresponding projectiles graphics (which are usually more custom than straight rips).

Aprox. more than 30 maps (each maverick stage having a corresponding map, plus 2 maps per each game's final stages).

All of the music from those games (easiest part, just use SPC files, which are compatible with Skulltag).

All menu interface graphics.

And all you have is a story? Get on with the locking, we're done here :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 1:24 pm 

Medals: 4
MM8BDM Contributor (1) MM8BDM MM7 Contributor (1) MM8BDM MM8 Contributor (1)
MM8BDM Extender (1)
I think it could work if it was based on Xtreme!

But the best thing to do is start small. try some easier projects like some standalone maps and skins before taking on something big like this!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:48 pm 

Medals: 1
MM8BDM MM8 Contributor (1)
I find the story hilarious considering they made a golden statue of the skin you used right after the tournament, not encased you in gold so many years later.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next