Hello everyone! I'm MagVanisher, and I would like anyone who is interested on contributing to this project.
This game is called "Rockman World: VS Killers" or "Megaman: The Hunter Numbers" depending on the region. This game involves Rockman/Megaman against new Rockman/Megaman Killers. And like the previous 3 Killers, it will be based on music genre.
Bosses (Contains Spoilers)
Background: Based on classical music and resembling an orchestra conductor, Concerto is a prototype to the Rockman Killers Series. However, Concerto's energy generator is very unstable that it takes a long time to regulate before sending it to battle. Therefore, Dr. Wily has no time to regulate his energy and decided to create Enker instead to destroy Rockman. Since then, Concerto realized that after all these years of neglect, Wily didn't care about him sending into battle. And so, by gaining knowledge in robotics, Concerto decided to rebel against his creator and build his own army by creating new sets of Rockman Killers as well as rebuilding old ones. Concerto's only goal is destroying both Dr. Wily and Rockman, and proclaimed that he and his army are the strongest in the world.
Background: The first Rockman Killer to be rebuilt by Concerto after finding it at a Robot Museum, Enker is known for his spear that absorbs enemy shots and fires it back to the enemy. When Enker was rebuilt by Concerto, he was skeptical about siding with him at first. But when Concerto tells Enker about Dr. Wily abandoning failed robots like him, he accepts his allegiance and joins the Rockman Killers Army.
Weakness: Disrupt Laser
Background: The second Rockman Killer to be rebuilt by Concerto after finding it at a Robot Museum, Punk is a tough robot despite his appearance and his slightly-vulgar attitude. Like Enker, he's skeptical about siding with Concerto and destroying both Rockman and Dr. Wily. But eventually, Punk joins the Rockman Killers Army because he wants payback against the Blue Bomber.
Weakness: Mirror Buster
Background: The third and last Rockman Killer to be rebuilt by Concerto after finding it at a Robot Museum, Ballade is known for his stern attitude and great pride as the strongest robot ever created. Ballade joins the Rockman Killers Army, believing that he and Concerto have the same views of attaining strength. However, Ballade has some doubts on Concerto's leadership and often clashes with him on who is the number one on the army.
Weakness: Screw Crusher
Background: Built by Concerto upon stumbling a large robot frame, Ambient became the first robot built by him, setting up a new line of Rockman Killer for Concerto's army. While his appearance is similar to a golem and has a monotonous speech, Ambient is calm and he loves nature, fitting his theme of ambient music. Despite his calmness, he's dangerous when provoked by using his large Disrupt Laser cannon equipped on his backpack as well as his brutal strength.
Weakness: Ballade Cracker
Background: A water-type Rockman Killer who loves to swim and dance with the disco beat. Disco has a cool and vain attitude which puts his fellow Killers off for being full of himself. He's also attracted to Flamenco and he wants to be his girlfriend and dance partner. However, Flamenco dislikes Disco because of his arrogance. But nevertheless, Disco will not give up for dating Flamenco.
Weakness: Lightning Seeker
Background: A tall and skinny Rockman Killer who can control gravity and create black holes by compressing it into a small grenade that can be thrown. Hip-House is quick on his feet and agile despite being tall. He's also loves rapping and break-dancing that he often duels with Rave or doing collaborations with his friend. Often times, he has a secret "affection" towards Rave when they duel together.
Weakness: Disc Cutter
Background: Built from Tesla coil parts and roller skates, Trance is fastest Rockman Killer ever created that it can dash up to 250 kph with his roller boots. A thrill-seeker with a desire for speed, Trance loves skating and performing tricks, especially in streets and half-pipes. Other than skating, Trance has the ability of manipulating electricity by using his Tesla coils equipped in his back, creating lightning bolts that homes to enemies.
Weakness: Cross Shield
Background: A hard-boiled Rockman Killer who acts like a mobster. Loves gambling, women, hard liquor, and some smooth jazz music. While Jazz is an exceptional marksman, he prefer to use machine guns instead of rifles because he likes to "spray and prey" anyone who got on his nerve. As long as money is involved, Jazz will get it done in a jiffy.
Weakness: Graviton Grenade
Background: Created by Concerto using parts from a jetpack, Mariachi is a happy-go-lucky, wind-type Rockman Killer that can fly and hover for a long period of time. Equipped with an assault rifle that resembles a guitar, Mariachi can fire either in a short 5-bullet burst of compressed air or shot of Hurricane Spheres. He also has stun grenades hidden inside his sombrero. Outside of battle, Mariachi loves playing the guitar on his fellow Killers.
Weakness: Diamond Duster
Background: Based on gothic rock music, Gothica is a gothic dress-wearing female Rockman Killer. Quiet, polite, and an introvert, Gothica has trouble communicating with her fellow Killers, except for Ambient where Gothica became friends because she needs someone who can lean on when bad things happen to her. Aside from being quiet, she also have breast size problems due to having flat chest.
Weakness: Ember Twister
Background: Modeled as a dancer, Flamenco is known for her fiery attitude and her graceful dancing skills. She has an appeal to male robots, especially with her seductive attire and her large bosom, much to Gothica's dismay. Despite of that, her skill became her only weapon that can ignite foes upon contact.
Weakness: Hurricane Sphere
Background: Created by Concerto by finding parts of MP3 players and boomboxes, Rave is an eccentric Rockman Killer who loves making music as a DJ, especially rave music. He has a friendly rivalry with Hip-House, either collaborating together as a duo or competing each other who is the best DJ. Outside of making music, Rave is known for his erratic fighting style by throwing discs at enemies like a boomerang.
Weakness(es): Aurora Groove, Disc Cutter
RKN-013 Quint Shadow
Background: While Concerto is creating new Rockman Killer robots, he stumbles upon a data disc containing Quint's combat data and blueprints for a "shadow" robot that resembles Rockman. Realizing that opportunity, Concerto uses both Quint's data and blueprints to create Quint Shadow as the last Rockman Killer robot, inserting memories believing that he is Quint from the future. Equipped with a Quint Buster which doubles as an energy sword, as well as a rebuilt Sakugarne, Quint Shadow surpasses his combat performance over Quint, his predecessor. However, his childish behavior often irks Concerto that he needs discipline and attention in order to be an effective Killer.
Weakness(es): Hurricane Sphere, Lightning Seeker
Italicized names marks as returning characters.
Gothica Original Raging-Banebou version
Revised jadzxa version
Mariachi KoiDrake version
Plot Points (Contains Spoilers)
Introduction: Concerto wakes up from his capsule in an abandoned Dr. Wily room, realizing that after Concerto's creator build him, he was abandoned while Dr. Wily continues to create Enker, Punk, and Ballade.Concerto soon creates 10 new Rockman Killers, one of which resembles Quint. The new Rockman Killers Army wreck havoc across cities.Rockman, Dr. Light, and Roll watches the destruction of a city by the Rockman Killers Army via television.Dr. Light and Roll tells Rockman to be careful as the Blue Bomber heads into the scene. The introduction ends and move on to the title screen. Start of the game:
Using Rush to fly across the city, Rockman finds a female citizen being attacked by a Sniper Joe and lands down to help her escape all while destroy the enemy. That would be the start of the initial stage. In the initial stage, Quint Shadow appear at the end after Rockman defeats Mad Grinder. Quint Shadow tells Rockman that he came from the future as Quint and he wants revenge against him. If Rockman defeats Quint Shadow, he'll refuses to believe that Rockman can still beat Quint Shadow. But if Rockman is defeated with one HP left, Quint Shadow tells him that he's no longer the same Quint as before. After that, Quint Shadow then tells Rockman that they declare Dr. Wily as their enemy and they will destroy Rockman and everything that stands in their way of attaining power. That would be the end of the initial stage and move on to the password screen.
1st Stage Select:
Back at Dr. Light's lab, Rockman sees Dr. Wily pleading for help and his safety. Dr. Light then guarantees his safety while Rockman will vow to stop his creations from wrecking havoc. Moving on to the stage select, Rockman can choose which Rockman Killer will he fight. Eight robots, from RKN-005 to RKN-012, have alternate routes to their respective stages. These alternate routes will lead to Quint Shadow, only stronger and harder than the previous fight during the introduction stage. Normal shots have no effect on Quint Shadow, half charge shots can harm him by only 1 Damage Point, and a fully-charged shot can harm him by only 2 Damage Points. If you defeat Quint Shadow in the alternate route, he goes in a tantrum for not defeating Rockman and escape. A plate for each stage will appear after defeating Quint Shadow. These plates contains either parts for Beat or parts for Rush's Super Adapter. If you defeat four out of eight Rockman Killers so far, Rockman receives a call from Dr. Light that the robot museum is being attacked. Rockman acknowledges and head towards the museum. This is the start of the Robot Museum Stage. Upon reaching the end of the Robot Museum Stage, Rockman sees Ambient as he finish hauling of three previous Rockman Killers, Enker, Punk, and Ballade, into a transport helicopter. Ambient introduces himself as the fourth Rockman Killer and says that reviving their brothers will be a big boost to their efforts of destroying both Dr. Wily and Rockman. Ambient then summons a Gray Devil to fight against Rockman. Defeating Gray Devil will move on to the password screen and then stage select for the remaining Rockman Killers. After defeating all eight Rockman Killers, Rockman returns to Dr. Light's lab only to be find that the lab is badly damaged. Dr. Light tells Rockman that Quint Shadow kidnapped Dr. Wily and destroyed the lab afterwards. Rockman asks Roll if she, along with Rightot, are okay. Roll replied that she's okay and tells him that we'll be fine as long as you save Dr. Wily and stop the Army from bringing chaos. Rockman moves out to find Quint Shadow. That would be the end of the cutscene and move on to stage select. In the stage select, Quint Shadow's stage is now accessible. However, you can still defeat him for earning the plates. Beating Quint Shadow at his stage will tell Rockman that he won the battle. But realizing that he'll no longer return to the future, and so Quint Shadow is destroyed. After the destruction of Quint Shadow, Concerto appears to Rockman, telling him that the Quint Shadow that he encountered was not the actual Quint, but a robot created by Concerto. Then, Concerto gives Rockman a warning that four of the remaining Rockman Killers are waiting for the Blue Bomber and left.
2nd Stage Select:
Moving on to the stage select, now four Rockman Killers can be selected. Four robots, from RKN-001 to RKN-004, have alternate routes just like the previous eight Rockman Killers. These alternate routes will lead to the Wily Machines (World 1, World 2, World 3, and Brain Crusher) piloted by Dark Men. Defeating one of the Wily Machine will give you parts for the powerful Double Rock Buster. Completing all four of the parts will make it available for purchase at Dr. Light's Lab. Since the defeat of Quint Shadow, he will no longer appear at the alternate route. Instead, Rockman will fight either Blues or Forte. You can still get the plates upon defeating either one of them. Defeating all four remaining Rockman Killers will unlock Concerto's stage. The first section of Concerto's stage will have the teleportation room, containing 12 teleports. Each room is filled with enemies, obstacles and hazards that a certain weapon must be used to destroy orbs and clear that room. It is similar to Rockman and Forte's Crystal Teleporters, except that it's longer. After clearing the teleportation room, the second section will lead to a boss match with Concerto.
(Rockman makes his way through the last room of the Robot Museum until he sees Ambient hauling up Enker, Punk, and Ballade via crane.)
Ambient: Ah, so you must be Rockman?
Rockman: Yes, but I would like to know who you really are?
Ambient: Ha-ha-ha! Pardon me for my rudeness. I would like to introduce myself as Ambient, the fourth Rockman Killer!
Rockman: The fourth Killer?
Ambient: Yes Rockman, but I have no time to fight with you. I'm here to rescue my brothers-in-arms.
Rockman: Are you referring to Enker, Punk, and Ballade?
Ambient: Indeed, Rockman. By reawakening our brothers, it will be a big boost on our efforts to destroy you and Dr. Wily!
(The crane hauls Ambient up.)
Ambient: For now, my mission is completed! And as for you Rockman, I will send you our Grey Golem to keep you entertained.
(Ambient throws the eye of the Gray Devil to the ground)
Rockman: Wait Ambient, stop this at once!
Ambient: Farewell, Rockman! I will see you again if you're still alive.
(Ambient leaves with Enker, Punk, and Ballade in his hands. Grey Devil attacks, but Rockman is able to defeat him. Rockman then teleports out.)
01. Rock Buster - Default Weapon. Fires three normal shots on screen. It can be charged to two different degrees: The first charge shot is bigger, but causes the same amount of damage. A fully charged shot is bigger than the first, and causes three times more damage.
02. Aurora Groove - Obtained from Disco. Fires a single beam that splits into four smaller beams, then the lasers bounces off when hit by walls and finally dissipates for a short amount of time.
03. Graviton Grenade - Obtained from Hip-House. Fires a short-range grenade straight ahead in a slow-moving pace. When it hits either a wall or the ground, it create a pillar that sucks in enemies for four seconds until it dissipates.
04. Lightning Seeker - Obtained from Trance. Fires two lightning sparks in both upwards and downwards, it then lock-on to nearby enemies after the sparks intertwine once. It can be charged into a powerful shot, firing four sparks instead of two.
05. Diamond Duster - Obtained from Jazz. Shoots a stream of ice crystals at medium-range, firing in bursts of six crystals. It can freeze enemies for a short period of time.
06. Hurricane Sphere - Obtained from Mariachi. Fires two hurricane balls in both left and right in an upward curve. When in mid-air, the balls' downward movement goes further that is close to the ground before moving up again. If one of the balls hits an enemy, it will stay in place before it disappears.
07. Cross Shield - Obtained from Gothica. Summons two shields surrounding Rockman in a circular fashion until the shields are destroyed. These shields homes on enemies and fires three knife shots in quick succession until it's either returned to its owner or move to another position. If one shield is destroyed, it can be summoned back by pressing the attack button. When both shields are present, it moves in opposite directions (left and right) regardless of the shields' position when the attack button is pressed.
08. Ember Twister - Obtained from Flamenco. When pressing the attack button and holding it, Rockman gains speed and begins his spinning attack with flames surrounding him. Rockman can still jump while spinning. It uses one weapon energy unit if the target is damaged and it can destroy certain blocks. Releasing the attack button will stop the spin.
09. Disc Cutter - Obtained from Rave. Fires a single compact disc at any direction. Can hold in its place by holding the attack button.
10. Mirror Buster - Obtained from Enker. Creates an energy shield in front of Rockman when the attack button is held down. It absorbs enemy shots and reflects it back to the enemy.
11. Screw Crusher - Obtained from Punk. Throws a circular sawblade in an arc. Doesn't take much energy to use this weapon, and it can be fired up to three times on screen.
12. Ballade Cracker - Obtained from Ballade. Fires a bomb at any direction, and explodes upon impact.
13. Disrupt Laser - Obtained from Ambient. Fires a medium-sized laser in a pulse-like manner and reaches the length of the screen. It can erase enemy fire and bypasses shielded enemies. However, it has a low-firing rate and it has a slightly-low ammo.
14. Sakugarne - Obtained from Quint Shadow. Summons a jackhammer that can ride like a pogo stick, dealing considerable damage to enemies when Rockman jumps on. It can traverse spikes safely, and it can jump higher by pressing the jump button.
15. Final Orchestra - Obtained from Concerto. Summons a series of three energy pillars from the ground forward.
16. Tango Call - Default Weapon. Charging the Rock Buster while Tango is selected will make him appear and roll toward enemies. Tango vanishes when the energy is depleted, when falling into a pit, or when the player leaves the room where Tango was used.
17. Rush Coil - Obtained from Trance. Summons Rush and emerge a coil platform from Rush's body, propelling Rockman to a higher level.
18. Rush Jet - Obtained from Jazz. Summons Rush and transforms into a flying sled in which Rockman can ride in a straight line, with slight variations in vertical movement upon the player's discretion.
19. Super Adapter - Obtained upon collecting the R, U, S, and H plates, located from Gothica, Rave, Trance, and Disco stages. Summons Rush and combines with Rockman to form as Super Rockman that can jump twice and fire a powerful close-range buster shot that can destroy shielded enemies and Mets and push certain blocks.
20. Beat Call - Obtained upon collecting the B, E, A, and T plates, located from Jazz, Mariachi, Hip-House, and Flamenco stages. Summons Beat and attacks enemies that appear on screen except at bosses. Beat can fly forward when firing a charged shot, and it can carry Rockman for a short duration falling into a pit.
Items/Upgrades (Dr. Light's Lab)
1. Power Guard - Reduces damage by half.
2. Energy Balancer - Refills weapons when not equipped with them.
3. Energy Saver - Increases number of times you can fire weapons.
4. Energy Exchanger - Life energy collected when meter is full turns to weapon energy.
5. Damage Absorber - Recovers weapon energy when damaged.
1. 1-Up - Gives Rockman an extra life.
2. E-Tank - Entirely refills Rockman's HP. Up to 4 Tanks can be carried.
3. W-Tank - Entirely refills Rockman's weapon energy when equipping a special weapon. Up to 4 Tanks can be carried.
4. M-Tank - Entirely refills Rockman's HP and energy for all his weapons. If all life and weapon energy is full, this item will turn all minor enemies on screen into 1-Ups.
5. Shock Guard - Prevents Rockman from dying when touching spikes. When used, Rockman no longer has this item.
1. Penta-Shooter - Fires 5 normal shots instead of 3.
2. Rapid Booster - Fires normal shots faster.
3. Hyper Charge - Charge up faster.
4. Arrow Shot (from Rockman 8: Metal Heroes) - Replaces Rock Buster when equipped. Rockman fires a charge shot that splits into 5 when hit by the enemy. Each shot has 2 Damage Points.
5. Rock'n Arm (from Rockman World 5) - Replaces Rock Buster when equipped. Rockman fires his fist at the enemy and grab items at far-to-reach places. The charge shot has 4 Damage Points, and has a chance of stunning the enemy when hit by the Rock'n Arm.
6. Double Rock Buster (from Super Adventure Rockman) - Replaces Rock Buster when equipped and it's available at the shop when all four plates located from Enker, Punk, Ballade, and Ambient stages are collected. Rockman fires two charged shots on each hand. However, the charge is longer and the charged energy will be lost when hit by the enemy.
If you're interested, you can drop by on this thread. Although this is a work-in progress, I would accept suggestions, criticism, and even concept art to look at. And also, I would gladly accept anyone who wants to contribute.
Last edited by MagVanisher on Wed May 30, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Right now, we're busy doing concept art on the Rockman/Mega Man Killers, as well as the enemies and the plot. And as for the game engine created by N-Mario from RockmanPM, it is still work-in-progress but once it's done, it will have a Game Boy feel to it.