Time for an upgrade! This new MM8BDM version brings to the table a whole lot of bug fixes and not much else. Still, take a gander at the changelog below, perhaps you’ll see something that sparks your interest!
- Upgraded Skulltag to 98e Alpha.
- In Possession, if the circuit board is not picked up after so long the match ends.
- The game mode “TeamGame” now uses player colours correctly.
- Junk Shield has been completely changed. Activating it creates three orbiting junk pieces that can damage enemies and block non-ripping projectiles.
- Turbo Roaders now die correctly if “destroyed” (mirror buster etc).
- Gravity Hold can now be obtained again in Duel.
- Some weapon layouts changed (mostly less Wild Coil, no Wind Storm/Gravity Hold combo)
- Eddie now drops Treble Sentry.
- Treble Sentry fires faster and has faster projectiles.
- In CTF and other team modes, Treble fires constantly in the direction he is spawned.
- Danger Wrap explosions appear correctly.
- Danger Wrap now drops bombs that explode when in contact with walls, ceiling etc.
- Search Snake is now in weapon slot 2.
- Scorch Wheel no longer gets reflected by Mirror Buster (simply blocked).
- Leaf Shield no longer reflects Treble’s shots.
- Super Adaptor’s wings are removed correctly after death.
- Colours for Noise Crush and Wild Coil have been fixed for Software users (patch by Lego).
- Wild Coil now fires springs at wider angles, making it harder to OHKO.
- Noise Crush now switches colours correctly when changing weapon from a charge shot.
- Noise Crush does less damage.
- Silver Tomahawk does less damage.
- Ballade Cracker uses more ammo.
- Drill Bomb uses more ammo.
- Rolling Cutter uses more ammo.
- Hard Knuckle uses more ammo.
- Mirror Buster uses ammo faster.
- MM7SLA now appears in the launcher’s map rotation correctly.
- MM7SHA secret is now blocked off.
- Possibly other minor map/weapon tweaks!
This will probably be the last update of v2 unless something big crops up. This means that I will be trying to see if I can get a team together to work on the MM8 expansion, if that’s what you guys want. The majority of the work will not be done by me for three reasons. Firstly, because a fun and easy as it is, I’m tired of the Doom engine and would like to move to something fresh (and without limits!). Second, because being a one man band means it takes longer for it to get done. And of course finally, I hate Mega Man 8. Despite this though, I will try to keep an eye on what’s being done to keep it up to quality with the rest of the expansions. Still, this can’t happen without a project leader and a team! Stay tuned for a forum post about this.
Download from SendSpace
Download from MediaFire