Advanced Search

Author Topic: [Suggestion] Copy Vision aiming laser  (Read 1504 times)

November 28, 2015, 03:31:06 AM
Read 1504 times

Offline JaxOf7

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: March 23, 2011, 03:56:13 AM

• View Profile
[Suggestion] Copy Vision aiming laser
« on: November 28, 2015, 03:31:06 AM »
http://www.best-ever.org/download?file=targetaimpointdisplay.pk3
http://www.best-ever.org/download?file=copyvisionj.pk3

So first file is a copy vision aiming laser as well as displaying the target marker when using remote mine and copy vision. These display only for the user through Clientside.
I don't consider displaying the target marker to be very good since that literally is just your crosshair, however I am vouching for the aiming laser since it seems helpful for knowing as fast as possible what your copy vision can shoot. Inspired by the TF2 Wrangler sentry laser and seems like good design.

So the aiming laser in the first file is choppy cause I tried to touch as few things as possible.
2nd file I reworked Copy vision in general to make the laser smooth and added a couple other features I wanted on Copy Vision.
*Using Copy Vision and Remote Mine together won't try to spawn multiple target markers.
*Copy Vision aiming laser
*Copy Vision Buster fire is identical to the Copy Vision's shooting
*When using a weapon other than CopyVisionWep, deployed copy vision's duration depletes twice as fast. Duration longer.
*Holding fire at the time copy vision runs out will deploy another one as fast as possible.
The latter features are to tackle the problem of CopyVisionWep itself not being used as a weapon with people mainly just deploying a vision then using another weapon.
Weapon mixing isn't bad per se, I just would like the option of switching off of copy vision to not be the always optimal correct option.
Final note is that reduced duration when switched off CopyVisionWep can technically also help the weapon since it means you can quicker redeploy if you placed it in a bad spot.