Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch > Help & Editing

How do "I" do THAT in Doom Builder?

<< < (152/152)

Russel:
I meant to post in the topic about this actually.

The v5b resource pack was not built to run the game. The way I believe you're intended to test maps using the resource pack is to run the game with the wad using the launcher.
I figured out a way to set things up to handle this, however.

When loading the v5b resource pack into Doom Builder, there's a check box that says "exclude this resource from testing parameters." When this is enabled, the resource will not be loaded when the game boots:

The other big step is to forcefully add the MM8BDM-v5b.pk3 with the command line parameters modifier under game configurations/testing:

I apologize for not posting this earlier, it's bothered a couple friends of mine. I hope this helps!

Megaman94:
Wow, it has been a long time since I posted in here.

You know how in survival you get lives that are displayed at the bottom left corner of the screen? I was thining about making an item that gives you your lives back, like an extra life item in the games. When I tested it however, you could exceed the max amount of lives
(click to show/hide)
So I tried messing around with scripting, but no matter what I tried, It would not work.

--- Code: ---#include "ZCommon.acs"

int m;

Script "wilyinc_extralife" (int player)
{
m = GetCVar("sv_MaxLives");

if( GetPlayerLivesLeft(player) < m )
 {
 Delay(14);
 SetPlayerLivesLeft (player, GetPlayerLivesLeft(player) + 1);
 terminate;
 }
If (GetPlayerLivesLeft(Player) == m)
 {
 terminate;
 }
}
--- End code ---

I am hoping that someone could help me figure this out, because this is really confusing me.  :confused:

TheCaceres:
1.How do i remove the fog when im in Visual Mode ?
2. How do i make houses and building (that doesn't touch the entire ceilings. like. small houses.)

Rozark:

--- Quote from: TheCaceres on October 20, 2019, 01:21:52 PM ---1.How do i remove the fog when im in Visual Mode ?
2. How do i make houses and building (that doesn't touch the entire ceilings. like. small houses.)

--- End quote ---

1. Open up Doom Builder, Tools -> Preferences, you should get a screen like the one below. Adjust the view distance which will allow for less fog to be rendered while in visual mode.
(click to show/hide)
2. Those require making the ceilings of those houses into 3D floors. Please see the section on 3D floors in the following topic for how to create those.
http://cutstuff.net/forum/index.php?topic=9763.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version