Advanced Search

Author Topic: CUTSTUFF MAFIA TOURNAMENT (Zytix wins)  (Read 41366 times)

April 30, 2016, 06:39:43 AM
Reply #180

Offline OrangeMario

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: October 11, 2010, 02:07:46 AM

• View Profile
Re: CUTSTUFF MAFIA TOURNAMENT (Zytix wins)
« Reply #180 on: April 30, 2016, 06:39:43 AM »
I was a little disappointed that, from what I heard of, the game's beginning was only to continue when xColdfusionx signed up. to me, that becomes predictable to who becomes the lead mafia leader, just like the last game.

And hearing that Knux was suspicious of me specifically, I wouldn't be surprised. From what I remembered, Knux was mafia and I was townie last game, so to me, that translates to:
"Mafia players are not chosen randomly, and some things are brought from the previous game", since rolls were switched for the two of us.

townie last game? well chances are your mafia next game!
mafia last game? you'll be a townie next time, for sure.

I really hate to be a downer with this, and I honestly had a blast winning for the first time, but I feel some things need to be better randomized, not by 'who' joins the game.

EDIT:
Also, I really REALLY felt bad for Korby getting killed twice. It feels really unfair that a killed player can be killed instantly again after a revival...

April 30, 2016, 11:48:21 AM
Reply #181

Offline Myroc

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Tyst! Jag ser på TV!
  • Date Registered: October 13, 2010, 08:35:35 PM

• View Profile
Re: CUTSTUFF MAFIA TOURNAMENT (Zytix wins)
« Reply #181 on: April 30, 2016, 11:48:21 AM »
If there's anything I've learned from this game it's to never run anything balance-related by Smash ever.

April 30, 2016, 05:42:28 PM
Reply #182

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
Re: CUTSTUFF MAFIA TOURNAMENT (turn 7 day WITCH TIME)
« Reply #182 on: April 30, 2016, 05:42:28 PM »
hi things happened while I was gone at work and unable to defend myself

So this mafia was kinda good and kinda bad. Most of you think it was more of the "kinda bad" end of things, and though I disagree, I can understand your point of view. Things weren't sorted well (Gallade and Poochyena should've outright switched places, for starters) and things weren't planned entirely (like the inability for Offense or Jamming to do anything if a bunch of Supports died in a row) but it was a new idea. New ideas tend to be a little weak when they first start. Look at Super Mario Brothers, or Mega Man Battle Network. Their first games sucked, but look at where they got. They learned from their mistakes, improved on the formula, and grew towards the future. I'd like to think we all did a little growing over the past two weeks, and I don't mean in a sexual way.

So yeah. If you expected vanilla then you should've called State Farm. I'm sort of the gimmick king. Everything I touch dies has a crappy gimmick somewhere. Some of it's fun, some of it... not so much. Thanks for playing and even putting up with it in the first place, and if you had fun, then cool beans.

Though, there's one quote in particular that's fitting whether you liked the game or not...

Quote from: "Zytix"
What a clusterfuck
I couldn't agree more.