Advanced Search

Author Topic: Silent Fall Competition #2 - MM6MRX  (Read 7533 times)

April 06, 2018, 02:12:37 AM
Read 7533 times

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
Silent Fall Competition #2 - MM6MRX
« on: April 06, 2018, 02:12:37 AM »

Silent Fall #2

It's been nearly three years since the last one...feels like thirty. The speedrunning competition where you must silently grab every weapon on a map returns.

Welcome back to Silent Fall.

You are competing for these medals:

The map you'll be playing on is a modified MM6MRX. So for those of you new to this, how do you play this mode? Well:
-Every weapon has been replaced by a coin. Your goal is to collect one of each. There are several weapons that have duplicates.
-You must go through the map without making any noise -- specifically, any landing noise. Although it's not quite this simple, it basically means you cannot fall from a height greater than 64 units. However, landing on springs, gyro fans, item-1, and item-2 will not cause you to lose.
-Much like last time, the map is not the same as the MM6MRX found in core. There are several geometric changes to make some tricks easier, and the addition of a new mechanic.
-There are red ladders on the map in certain locations; They make you go down at a safe speed when you're touching them. Green ladders, on the other hand, make you go up as normal.
-You can land on Item-2 and Item-1 without losing your run. Use this to your advantage to create insane routes!

-Like Target Blaster and other Cutstuff Competitions, you must have a Cutstuff account in order to compete for the medals, and it'll have to be on the official servers.
-There will be two servers hosted with the wad, and they are the only servers where your times will count. The server names will be [TSPG] Painkiller: Silent Fall 1 and [TSPG] Painkiller: Silent Fall 2.
-In addition to the best time, the server will also note the second and third best times. As long we have sufficient participation, this event will award a runner-up medal to the 2nd and 3rd place runners!
-Medals will be awarded to the lowest three times in the server log. Tying with an already-established top three time will not beat that time.
-To accommodate for this change, the autosuicide feature has been expanded. Now, you may type set autosuicide_[1, 2, or 3] 1 into the console, to automatically end your run if you go over the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place time, respectively.
-If your name is not obvious, please state it in the chat of the server so I am aware.
-If you want to practice offline, set the game mode to survival (survival 1), then go to the map SFMRX (map SFMRX).
-For those worried about TSPG going down for maintenance, remember that I will have access to the server log nonetheless, so the best times will not be lost!
-If you forget any of these rules, there's a help screen you can view by pressing-by default- F1!

This event will run from the time I put the server up until Friday, April 20th, 11:59 PM EDT (UTC-04:00).

8bdm_sfmrx.wad

Important note!
This competition does not forbid use of SR50. If you're serious about getting the best time, I highly suggest taking advantage of it.
You can find a tutorial on how to set it up in King Dumb's guide to the console.

Server 1 is already up at 149.56.242.162:10699. Server 2 is also up at 149.56.242.162:10700.

April 06, 2018, 02:17:29 AM
Reply #1

Offline LlamaHombre

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 15, 2010, 09:19:04 PM

• View Profile
    • My Famitracker Covers
Re: Silent Fall Competition #2 - MM6MRX
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 02:17:29 AM »
These are always incredibly fun to watch.

Looking forward to watching the runs, and hopefully to clear at some point lol

April 06, 2018, 06:18:40 AM
Reply #2

Offline Sir Anon0mos

• Standard Member

• Sir An0n, has it all on UHF
  • Date Registered: July 29, 2016, 02:00:58 AM

• View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 06:18:40 AM »
This is some good stuff! I love watching people question their sanity.
I'd love to see some more maps in the future.

April 06, 2018, 06:34:29 PM
Reply #3

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 06:34:29 PM »
Hey guys, I just went ahead and set up another server!
The Silent Fall DOJO is for people who want a more casual environment to their speedrunning! The times there will be reset every night and will not count towards the competition.
You can join its IP at 149.56.242.162:10720.

April 21, 2018, 04:42:27 PM
Reply #4

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2018, 04:42:27 PM »
Sorry for the late announcement, I had some things to attend to first.
I'm happy to announce the winners of Silent Fall 2, MM6MRX!

1st Place: With a time of 0:25:30, King Dumb! Congratulations!
1st Place: With a time of 0:25:30, Michael! ...Congratulations!
3rd Place: With a time of 0:26:09, Venus. Good effort, everyone. The fight over third place was exciting to see develop!

Like before, I'll leave the servers up for a while [although I'll take down the third one, probably] and let y'all keep playing on them.
In case anyone is wondering on the final standings of things, here's the times for everyone. Note there are several aliases that I haven't filtered out so someone may appear on here twice etc.
(click to show/hide)

See you guys again in three years.

April 21, 2018, 05:54:53 PM
Reply #5

Offline King Dumb

• Global Moderator
  • Date Registered: March 08, 2011, 02:56:25 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2018, 05:54:53 PM »
For anyone who (for some reason) didn't know the final route:

1. Grab Rush Coil -> Wind Storm -> use Rush to get up to Plant Barrier
2. Grab Yamato Spear -> take teleporter to Mirror Buster -> fall off Mirror Buster landing and grab red ladder at the last second to land safely
3. Grab Metal Blade -> Gyro Attack -> go up to the roof (jumping to grab green ladder as high as possible)
4. Grab Ring Boomerang -> Item-2 -> Junk Shield -> run back over to Spread Drill pit teleporter and fall down
5. Grab Spread Drill by placing an Item-2 right before hitting the ground -> take Item-2 over to pink ledge and grab Drill Bomb
6. Grab Noise Crush and head outside -> place Item-2 at railing right next to Item-2 spawn -> grab Item-2 spawn -> use previously placed Item-2 to jump up to the next building
7. Grab Laser Trident -> fall off platform and place Item-2 low enough to ground to grab Ice Slasher -> take Item-2 all the way to the railing right after the bridge leading to Thunder Bolt
8. Grab Thunder Bolt -> fall down towards Air Shooter and place Item-2 at right time to arrive safely at the landing
9. Grab Air Shooter -> Homing Sniper -> Flame Sword

This was definitely a different beast from the MM6KNI event, and it was still a lot of fun! There were several points where we weren't sure if we could get the time any lower, and it was quite the grind to get it as low as it got. Shout outs to the people that stayed dedicated even when it got pretty rough! Looking forward to the next one!

April 23, 2018, 04:26:58 AM
Reply #6

Offline SaviorSword

• Standard Member

• Yar har, fiddle dee dee...
  • Date Registered: January 01, 2011, 02:13:30 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2018, 04:26:58 AM »
An item-less run is possible! I've done it, but unfortunately I have no idea how I did it nor have I record'd it.

If anyone else can figure out the item-less run, good luck!

April 23, 2018, 05:16:53 AM
Reply #7

Offline Rubyyoshi

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 07, 2015, 02:10:47 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2018, 05:16:53 AM »
Wish I could have pushed it under 30 second for my route. Unfortunately, I couldn't do it with my route without sr50. Was nice to come back to another Silent Fall after SFKNI a long time ago.

April 23, 2018, 08:57:32 AM
Reply #8

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer
  • Date Registered: August 28, 2011, 04:46:04 PM

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2018, 08:57:32 AM »
An item-less run is possible! I've done it, but unfortunately I have no idea how I did it nor have I record'd it.

If anyone else can figure out the item-less run, good luck!

Item-less isn't possible due to the ledges that both Spread Drill and Laser Trident are on requiring items to get down.
If it was just one of them, then you'd end on that weapon. However, because there's two of the same instance, you would need to get one in the middle of the route, which would be impossible without item-1 or item-2.

April 29, 2018, 06:48:32 PM
Reply #9

Offline Kapus

• MM8BDM Extender

• Master of Hiccup
  • Date Registered: November 22, 2010, 06:40:07 AM

• View Profile
    • My art
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2018, 06:48:32 PM »
i participated