Advanced Search

Author Topic: Text Glitch  (Read 1980 times)

June 16, 2011, 04:00:43 AM
Read 1980 times

Offline SaviorSword

• Standard Member

• Yar har, fiddle dee dee...
  • Date Registered: January 01, 2011, 02:13:30 AM

• View Profile
Text Glitch
« on: June 16, 2011, 04:00:43 AM »
Now this problem has haunted me for quite a while, so now would be a good time to solve this problem.
This thin' what I call the "Text Glitch" happens VERY randomly. Sometimes I will get a slight client lag, and then the glitch happens. For some reason, my keyboard loses the ability to type in English characters and SkullTag will not recognize what I'm tryin' to type in. Strange thin' is that it will almost always know whenever I press my chat button "t" and Esc, but nothin' else. So I can't try to talk to others that I have the Text Glitch, since it won't read my "Enter" command. If I try to type, I will get some non-sense characters. If I type very fast, the game will start givin' me beepin' sounds. This beep is from the game, not my computer. The only way to "fix" this glitch is for me to close the game and reopen it.

I tried to get screenshots, but the glitch won't pick up the screenshot button input.

Why does this happen?
How do I fix it if I get it?

Thanks for anyone who helps!

June 16, 2011, 08:35:00 PM
Reply #1

Offline Alucard

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 10, 2010, 01:20:17 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/MetalMephiles9000
Re: Text Glitch
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 08:35:00 PM »
    First put everything you don't want to keep, including MM8BDM, into a folder.

Then delete the folder all the new stuff is in.

Reinstall MM8BDM.

Is steps 1-3 do not work, buy a new keyboard, and try steps 1-3 again, just in case.

June 16, 2011, 09:05:01 PM
Reply #2

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 08:10:13 PM

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 09:05:01 PM »
I don't think deleting all your stuff is going to fix anything, Alucard.

If you've already tried reinstalling, try moving yourname-settings.ini or whatever out of your folder, since you can simply move it back in if it doesn't work. Can you type as normal outside of MM8BDM?

June 16, 2011, 10:03:50 PM
Reply #3

Offline SaviorSword

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 10:03:50 PM »
Yes, I can type outside of MM8BDM.
I can not even begin to touch on when and where the root of this problem starts. I don't think it has to do with MM8BDM itself, but I've got nothin' to to lose reinstallin' it. I'll try that out and see if it helps.

The fact that the glitch is extremely random and there are no signs of the glitch potentially appearin' makes it all the more irritatin' to deal with. :

July 07, 2011, 01:16:39 AM
Reply #4

Offline SaviorSword

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 01:16:39 AM »
Alright, sorry for the bump but I have finally figured it out. I don't know the exact cause for it, but to fix this problem all ya need to do is to press Alt and Shift. I'm not too sure on what it does alone, but it seems like it changes its font or into another language. Though I'll just post my findin' and people in the future could use this.

Lock this if it necessary.