Advanced Search

Author Topic: Rules for Deathwind's Servers  (Read 48264 times)

February 11, 2011, 05:44:57 PM
Read 48264 times

Offline Messatsu

• MM8BDM Extender

• Date Registered: November 10, 2010, 04:06:39 PM

• View Profile
Rules for Deathwind's Servers
« on: February 11, 2011, 05:44:57 PM »
Ok, so I decided to jot down some rules that I'm going to start enforcing on my servers.  Primarily these are things the either bug other players or myself and thus I feel that it needs to be addressed.

1.) No racist or otherwise discriminatory language.  That means no n****r or f****t.  If you want to spout this crap, go play XBL.

2.) If you play Roboenza, you will be a zombie.  Do not spectate because you were chosen to be the lead zombie.  That's game mode, deal with it or go play something else.

3.) No using exploits that were not intended by design, or sanctioned by CMM (Item-1 trap for example is okay).   This includes Gyro canceling and Leaf shield canceling.  If you bound a key to do this, then that's not allowed.

4.) Be respectful to other players. There's a line between joking and outright being hostile.  This is to keep things civil.

5.) Do not abuse level flaws.  Metal man's hole of shame....need I say more? This goes for all game modes, play the damn mode as it's intended or don't play.

6.) SR/40/50 is prohibited - This is effectively a speedhack.  This will earn you a permaban.

7.) Roboenza Only: Do not Item-1 trap survivors.  Come on guys, this is a real dick move, knock it off.

I will kick/ban folks for violating these rules depending on the severity of the offense.  (Kick generally means knock it off, ban means gtfo)

If you disagree with any of these rules I am willing to listen, and I am also willing to expand upon this if need be.

Thank you for your time.

February 11, 2011, 05:48:20 PM
Reply #1

Offline SmashTheEchidna

• Standard Member

• AKA Smash Corliss
  • Date Registered: December 07, 2010, 09:25:12 PM

• View Profile
    • http://fandedication.4umer.com/
Re: Rules for Deathwind's Servers
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 05:48:20 PM »
Whoa, so things have finally gotten to the point where you need to hand down the law? What have I been missing?

February 11, 2011, 06:05:21 PM
Reply #2

Offline SickSadWorld

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: December 03, 2010, 07:35:28 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 06:05:21 PM »
Quote from: "Messatsu"
That means no n****r or f****t.  If you want to spout this crap, go play XBL.

lol

February 11, 2011, 06:08:17 PM
Reply #3

Offline BumpBump

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: February 10, 2011, 06:46:12 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 06:08:17 PM »

3.) No using exploits that were not intended by design, or sanctioned by CMM (Item-1 trap for example is okay).   This includes Gyro canceling and Leaf shield canceling.  If you bound a key to do this, then that's not allowed

awww, but I like weapon canceling.

February 11, 2011, 06:20:39 PM
Reply #4

Offline Messatsu

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 06:20:39 PM »
Quote from: "SmashTheEchidna"
Whoa, so things have finally gotten to the point where you need to hand down the law? What have I been missing?

Not much, really #2 is the one that really gets on people's nerves so I figured I'd just write a complete list of no-no's.

February 11, 2011, 06:26:34 PM
Reply #5

Offline Max

• MM8BDM Extender

• i ate those food
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 08:10:13 PM

• View Profile
    • ??
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 06:26:34 PM »
Unfortunatly there's no auto-ban so I guess these rules will only be in place when you're online...

February 11, 2011, 06:32:41 PM
Reply #6

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 06:32:41 PM »
3.) No using exploits that were not intended by design, or sanctioned by CMM (Item-1 trap for example is okay).   This includes Gyro canceling and Leaf shield canceling.  If you bound a key to do this, then that's not allowed
Objection

Cutmanmike has made videos showing those techniques, so they are legit. Mirror Buster Machine Gun exploit, however, is not a legit one.

Also, add something to deal with those that iddle around instead of starting a mapvote to "restart" roboenza if no zombie is present.
(AKA.: Spectating last zombie trapped by Item 1)

Also, Rule #2 is to be disregarded if:
1) The zombie in question doesn't cope with the current Roboenza system
2) Is horribly lagged (Smunch, for example, could do nothing. He kept getting huge lag spasms before or after getting infected, eventually having to just spectate)
3) Makes little to no difference as infect (Some people are better suited to be infects than others. Example: DarkAura. That guy is a freaking NINJA! And I'm nowhere ninja)

Also, yeah, those rules might only work if you are around OR if you got someone to do your job when you aren't there. Try and see who's more active in each server and see if they can keep the order.

February 11, 2011, 06:52:25 PM
Reply #7

Offline ficarra1002

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 25, 2010, 04:32:30 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 06:52:25 PM »
Quote from: "tsukiyomaru0"

Also, Rule #2 is to be disregarded if:
1) The zombie in question doesn't cope with the current Roboenza system
3) Makes little to no difference as infect (Some people are better suited to be infects than others. Example: DarkAura. That guy is a freaking NINJA! And I'm nowhere ninja)
NO. If you are chosen to be the initial infected, you are to play, whether you're good at it or not.

February 11, 2011, 06:54:10 PM
Reply #8

Offline Messatsu

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 06:54:10 PM »
Sorry Tsuki, I don't agree.  If you have problems playing Roboenza because of lag or skill or whatever and you don't want to be a zombie. DON'T-PLAY-ROBOENZA!  That is the game mode you are in and you will play by the rules of the mode.  The excuse that it's not fun for other players is BS.  When you spec, you end the round, that's not fun for anybody.

Lastly, yes, the rules will only apply when I'm around, but it's a place to start.  Besides, I needed this written down so that when someone breaks a rule I can say here are the rules, go read them.

February 11, 2011, 07:49:34 PM
Reply #9

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 17, 2010, 05:35:11 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 07:49:34 PM »
Personally I wish that the Item 1 Traps could be removed as well due to people wanting to use the infected weapon, but then again, I accidently picked up the infected weapon with Skull Barrier before (I was nearby in Stone Man's stage when a zombie teleported in front of me while the others near me killed it. I had Skull Barrier on when the zombie got killed, and walked over the spot without realizing the weapon was there). My latest encounters with the weapon tell me that the weapon somehow drops when the zombie is killed after teleporting as well (though not with a telefrag).

The only times I have ever spectated while being a zombie were either when I got infected while responding to a chat message or when I had lag. I do not play in matches where people are generally unfair (biggest example being Celebi for me, since that user constantly uses the Item 1 exploit). It's very simple, if I do not like what people are doing in a server, I will go play somewhere else. So although I do admire the fact Messatsu is trying to crack down on the way people play, I cannot see myself for sure upholding #2 if I do not like the group I am in.

February 11, 2011, 08:10:23 PM
Reply #10

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 08:10:23 PM »
Seriously, what's the matter if only one or two goes against? It is only me and this other user that doesn't like playing infect. While I end it right away, he makes it even more boring, by running around and hiding completly out of reach.

You are reaching a paranoic level with this, and I'm really starting to dislike you for this.

February 11, 2011, 08:14:48 PM
Reply #11

Offline Awbawlisk

• Warrior

• I can now see the rest of my medals again.
  • Date Registered: January 04, 2011, 02:18:59 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2011, 08:14:48 PM »
Well thats Roboenza for ya. I usually play roboenza when there are no servers around. I will play the game and abide by the rules unless people are being cheap. If that happpens im out. (and if there are other servers online then im out :D) Not saying roboenza sucks or anything its cool but not my favorite type of mode.

February 11, 2011, 08:27:28 PM
Reply #12

Offline KillerChair

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 24, 2010, 11:27:42 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/pixellerate
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2011, 08:27:28 PM »
Quote from: "Obelisk"
Well thats Roboenza for ya. I usually play roboenza when there are no servers around. I will play the game and abide by the rules unless people are being cheap. If that happpens im out. (and if there are other servers online then im out :D) Not saying roboenza sucks or anything its cool but not my favorite type of mode.
*sniff* Such pretty words.

Really... If people start playing in a way that you dislike you should just leave and join another server.
Roboenza is just a game mode with a couple of unfair things about it. People should deal with it.

February 11, 2011, 09:44:45 PM
Reply #13

Offline ficarra1002

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 25, 2010, 04:32:30 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2011, 09:44:45 PM »
Lastly, yes, the rules will only apply when I'm around, but it's a place to start.  Besides, I needed this written down so that when someone breaks a rule I can say here are the rules, go read them.
Well, you can always have moderators. Or have people message you on irc/i.m./other chat thing when someone is messing around (provided your online).

February 11, 2011, 09:51:40 PM
Reply #14

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2011, 09:51:40 PM »
I was thinknig of sharing my experimental Roboenza Mode modification with him, but... Guess not, better wait for CMM. Though I can still get another mod to do... (think of Valentine's Day Mod, but doesn't have a Title Card)