Advanced Search

Author Topic: Ghoul's Forest 3 "LAN" !  (Read 3988 times)

August 05, 2011, 05:18:58 AM
Read 3988 times

Anonymous

Ghoul's Forest 3 "LAN" !
« on: August 05, 2011, 05:18:58 AM »
Hey, well me and my friend would like to try play together in "The Ghoul's Forest 3"

Well, everytime, im trying to host the "lan" server.

Is talking about Paypal.

I would like to hear, as i read in the "txt" file

I needed to ask about Permission.

So i would like to ask you about permission, to let me and my friend host a "LAN" server.

Best Regards: Nirvina :)

August 05, 2011, 05:40:49 AM
Reply #1

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 21, 2009, 10:31:00 PM

• View Profile
Re: Ghoul's Forest 3 "LAN" !
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 05:40:49 AM »
Well i've never heard Skulltag bring up anything Paypal related before. I can only imagine that being due to missing the required doom2.wad iwad for the Ghouls Forest 3.

In case you do have it, well i dont know what brings that up, just be sure to host it on either survival or cooparative on map01, keeping crouch off disables cheating against the Sjas, and that might be it, though GF3 can also be made to work a little better with some extra files but meh, that might take forever to explain.
Edit: Oh, beware the screamers in Ghouls Forest 3, i wouldnt reccomend playing it with a weak heart or anything. Certainly not for the faint of heart. :P

In case you dont own a copy of Doom 2 (the iwad being doom2.wad), well thats what is required to play essentially 90% of the stuff on Skulltag, though MM8BDM (Megaman 8-bit Deathmatch) is an exception to that, being its own iwad. Though you'll probaly need to buy it somewhere or perhaps if you got an Doom 2 CD lying around, who knows, heh.

Oh and you dont need permission to host GF3, i believe, hell you can host anything you happen to have, even your personal edits of mods as long as it is kept to self and friends (though that ussually doesnt matter if you make these things public).
And if it isnt Skulltag asking about Paypal, well you dont need to pay anyone to use Skulltag, just have Skulltag, an usable Iwad like doom2.wad or megagame.wad(for MM8BDM), and you're good to go.

August 05, 2011, 05:49:00 AM
Reply #2

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 05:49:00 AM »
Well, when im trying to "Host" the GF3 on Doomseeker, and i tell it to "start" the server, it tells me "W_getNumForName: PLAYPAL not found!"

Ohh sorry, thought it said "Paypal" well,

Do you know anything about this problem ?

August 05, 2011, 05:55:44 AM
Reply #3

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 21, 2009, 10:31:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 05:55:44 AM »
Heh what a massive misunderstanding from a simple spelling error.
Hmm... Well does that error crash the server before it even starts? If so try hosting with only ghoul3.wad, and using the gamemode Survival(you can set multiple lives for it with sv_maxlives) or Cooperative(basically infinite lives), and all that stuff, without using any extra files. If that doesnt work i dont know.

If it doesnt crash the server then well just enjoy the game! Skulltag always lists missing textures or such things when these occur in maps, but ussually they dont interupt the game at all.
Edit: It will look glitchy though, using only ghoul3.wad, but atleast it works. :P

August 05, 2011, 06:09:10 AM
Reply #4

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 06:09:10 AM »
Thanks! got it solved ! :D