Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch > Pending

[Suggestion] Fix Spawns on top of Weapon Tokens

(1/1)

King Dumb:
This is the first in a long line the first in a long line of fixes and suggestions I will be proposing. Originally I had planned to dump them all into one enormous topic but that would be very inconvenient for everyone except for me, so I'm splitting it into small pieces.

This first one hopefully shouldn't be an enormous discussion. This is about spawns that place you on top of weapon tokens, in such a way that if you move on the ground in any direction after you spawn, you will grab the weapon token. The only way to avoid this is to jump (straight up) out of spawn and then direct yourself after you've left the ground. Of course, this is unnatural and tedious, and on the other hand being forced to pick up a weapon you don't really want (in a game where maintaining a manageable inventory of weapons is an ever-present concern) is definitely something that is worth the fix. Luckily, I don't see fixing these cases being too difficult, just a matter of adjusting the location of spawns (either to nudge them off of the token or just relocate them to someplace very nearby).

Now, the hard part of this suggestion is finding all such spawns. Off the top of my head, I can think of two maps with this problem: MM4PHA (all of the outside pillars with Flame Blast/Wild Coil) and MM4TOA (Bubble Lead and Gemini Laser). Rather than take the time before this post to find every such spawn, I decided to post first on the off chance that someone else already has a list! Otherwise I will attempt in the next few days to hunt down more of these cases.

Messatsu:
Always kinda wondered why some of the spawns were like that myself.  I should actually check to make sure none of my maps actually do this.  This is something to consider since it is a bit weird.

Bikdark:

--- Quote from: "King Dumb" ---... being forced to pick up a weapon you don't really want (in a game where maintaining a manageable inventory of weapons is an ever-present concern) is definitely something that is worth the fix.
--- End quote ---
Good time to implement a weapon-dropping/priority/weapon preview system, huh?

Russel:
This has already been stated that it is not going in without native support so stop being a jerk about it please thanks.

Seriously, a mod was made for it, but it would have to have some kind of support engineside for it to be implemented in any sane form, especially if you want to take into account modability and the client's ability to modify weapon scroll/slot order.

On a side note this isn't even on topic with the suggestion at hand.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version